Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM

917 posts, read 2,298,630 times

Advertisements

Yes, I'm embarrased to be living in North Carolina. It's a very pretty state with the ocean and the mountains etc... but we also have way more then our fair share of jesus freaks and other assorted conservatives.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
That happened as a result of running those agencies like a corporation. The search for profit was like catnip to a cat or a bone to a dog. Recently it has reverted to being run like a government agency. Thank goodness!!!

Total absolute nonsense. Had any of those agencies actually been run like corporation, those with marginal credit would not have been in houses they couldn't afford in the first place. Oh, and having advised any number of banks, I can tell you that banks were strongarmed into making a huge number of these loans lest they have their charters questioned or even revoked. Can you please bother reading the history of these agencies?

Did you notice those Democrats switch to Republican around 1980?

Once again, a complete lie to avoid a convenient truth. Actually, most of the old-school Democrats remained around until the 90s. People like George Wallace, etc., who ran on a populist platform much more aligned to Democratic standards of governance. But you're really not very interested in facts that don't fit your self-congratulatory world view.

If you were in Texas, Rick Perry is not well liked. (The recent well-liked governor is the late Ann Richards and she's a Progressive Democrat.) In fact he aided and abetted the electric company deregulation. This is waking up Texans to the lies of the Republican establishment. So after twenty years of Reganism, you'll have to excuse us if we've started voting Democrat. This is a purple state turning blue!
Ann Richards was voted out of office. So that's really hard to reconcile with being well-regarded. Yeah, she was quotable. But that isn't the same thing as being trusted.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:54 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Our political figures should be embarrassed. Their bull**** bickering while our economy crumbled again today was just another example. Now we get to watch our stocks(ever single one of them) lose for the next two days because jewish members of congress have to recognize 2 days of religious holiday?

If it were Easter they would be in session and we know it. I can't respect their religious holidays when they can't respect my financial well being and the country as a whole.

Republicans and Democrats should share the shame on this one.

Last edited by thatguy1; 09-29-2008 at 03:10 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM

288 posts, read 1,328,828 times
I'm not even going to give the pleasure of responding to the ignoramuses that can’t respond intelligently or objectively to a question because it will only take this thread into left field.

For those posters with intellect and the capacity to have a meaningful discussion I applaud you no matter whether you are red or blue republican or democrat.

Our country – YOU AND I are in a serious problem right now at home and abroad in our standing in the world. I think it is very important more than ever we use our heads and look past our differences and do whats right for this country. Look – just because someone looks like this or wears that or believes something different than you do is no reason not to vote for them.
Lets really listen to what they are talking about........ and this democrats raise taxes and republicans don’t fairy tale is flat out ridiculous to all of America suffering right now (unless you are in the top 1% of people who have millions or better). On top of that it is nothing more than a talking point for people who don’t know any better to repeat. (word plays – spin – trickery – deception)

Are politicians perfect? – NO – No one is. I always find in very amusing when I hear people (republicans) say people who support OBAMA are somehow mindless zombies basically when in fact the majority of OBAMA’s voting core are highly intelligent college educated people.
Listen...............

The largest savings and loan bank in the U.S. (Washington Mutual) just became the biggest bank failure in U.S. history. The market dropped 778 points in one day today – that is the worst EVER in the history of America. Homes are being foreclosed, jobs lost, retirement money gone, and our political leaders are going on a Holliday vacation in the middle of all this? WTF!

People we have got to speak up and be heard and get out there and VOTE. Personally I care who votes in my state and yours because the outcome of this election will affect all of our lives. To put it all in perspective - this year more so than any I have ever seen in my life is not really about red or blue it is more so about who is willing to change the way things are right now – If you are happy with the way things are in the United States right now - vote for John McCain. If you believe America is going in the wrong direction and needs change - vote for OBAMA. I think it really boils down to that.

I’m an objective person who looks at both candidates and listens to what they have to say. I don’t let media opinion, bias or whatever sway me – I actually listen. To me McCain and his campaign is a train wreck of spin, lies, and repeated talking points along with a VP pick that was a political move and an insulting one to a lot of women it seems and she (Sarah Palin) has turned out to be a disaster of epic proportions.

Once again I’m not trying to debate anyone I am more so interested in how other Americans in this country are taking all of this in, so if you feel the need to go left field and get ignorant than make a new thread and have the ignoramuses join you in the festivities.

Last edited by Monumental1; 09-29-2008 at 06:10 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
yawn.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,457 times
I'm not embarressed to be voting straight republican !!! Although, I am embarressed I took the time to read the first thread in its entirety

Old 09-29-2008, 06:16 PM

204 posts, read 751,620 times
I live in Ohio, most of the people in my area hate Bush, but when I look on election maps, its usually red.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 PM

288 posts, read 1,328,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
I'm not embarressed to be voting straight republican !!! Although, I am embarressed I took the time to read the first thread in its entirety
It's almost scary that you can still say that so proudly.

Maybe this will embarrass the republican out of you.

Your guy John McCain (This is must see TV)

YouTube - TPMtv: McCain Leaves Fox Speechless

YouTube - McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare

Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,287,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Boy, this is going to get ugly.
You Said it...

OP...no I am Not ashamed anymore of living in a red state then a I would be in I lived in a Blue state...
Quite implying there is a correct political party when politics is purely opinion.
I hate people who imply that there way is the right way of both parties...seriously...Shut up

Old 09-29-2008, 06:40 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdallas View Post
you said it...

Op...no i am not ashamed anymore of living in a red state then a i would be in i lived in a blue state...
Quite implying there is a correct political party when politics is purely opinion.
I hate people who imply that there way is the right way of both parties...seriously...shut up
amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies