U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:21 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,370,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
So that no future president will ever try to pull this stuff again. We should have impeached him years ago but if he actually goes ahead and gives away 700 billion dollars of our money against the will of our elected officials then it is time we stand up and make it clear that this kind of thing will never be allowed to happen.
You're forgetting that we can thank the democrats for this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM

714 posts, read 1,392,160 times
Default Dow drops 100 since the Dems blame Republicans

Since Nancy Pelosi and Dems started talking at press conference the dow dropped 100...WHILE they were talking..

The Dems control the house.......

They could have passed it by themselves!!!

Stop the blame...do something!!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:25 PM

594 posts, read 934,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
we (the taxpayers) don't need to be bailing out FAILED companies and FAILED individuals (foreclosures)...let them fail
So where does it end? How can you be so flippant about companies failing? Everytime that happens, people lose jobs and companies that did business with that company begin to weaken, including companies outside the financial industry. With all of these exotic investment tools out there, it's very difficult to untangle the web and figure out exactly who all will be affected. Am I happy about the bailout? No. But I don't believe we have a choice. Right now this crisis is limited to the financial industry - banks, insurance companies, etc, but that won't remain the case if something's not done.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,986,846 times
Uhmmmmmmmmm. 140 dems voted yes. Less Republicans voted yes than Dems did.

And I don't see Democrats blaming Republicans. On CNN right now, however, they do have Republicans saying they voted no simply because Nancy Pelosi blamed Bush.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:27 PM
NWS

721 posts, read 1,479,257 times
Why are you convinced something HAS to be done?
Did you ever think you are being lied to?

Bush told you Saddam is going to kill us and you ran to war.
Bush told you we are fighting for Iraqi freedom you became an Iraqi patriot.
Give it a rest and stop believing the hype.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:27 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,511,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
someone please tell me why the democrats are pushing this 'bailout

why are the democrats wanting to bailout companies for their bad decisions and because they loaned money to people who never could afford homes

why are the democrats pushing this to cost the american taxpayers money, yet the conservatives are saying no and want to save the taxpayers money

I say let the course of nature take ins natural course, no bailout, unless they are going to bailout EVERY small business that goes bellyup

back in 04 the conservatives tried to fix fanny/freddie WITH REGULATION, but what happened Barney Frank and the liberals said it was a witchhunt and halted it,,,,guess the conservatives actually do care, iand it appears that the liberals are finally showing their true colors....wealth distribution,,from taxpayers to the rich liberals

the liberals that said we MUST GIVE them these mortgages even though we KNOW they wont repay them

the liberals who were SO ADAMANT about GIVING loans to people without a downpayment or who had poor credit, just because we FELT THEY SHOULD BE ENTITLED to these loans...otherwise if you said no, you were a racist

the FACT is that fanny/freddie was in trouble in 04 and the CONSERVATIVES TRIED to put in regulations and oversight,,, but what did the liberals do , they shot it down, and Barney Frank said it was a "witch hunt" going after Franklin Raines,,who STOLE, Lied, and cooked the books of fanny/freddie..in 2000 fanny/freddie was under investigation (clinton admin)..........btw Raines is one of obama's advisors and is EXPECTED to be one of his cabinet members

am glad it was voted down

we (the taxpayers) don't need to be bailing out FAILED companies and FAILED individuals (foreclosures)...let them fail

the liberals keep pushing the 'doomsday' issue, and there is none, things will bounce back on their own. some companies succeed , some fail

the 141 liberals and 65 republicans that votes YES...should be voted out of office,,and investigation would probably reveal they are on the take
I don't know why we dems would trust BUSH on ANYTHING, The last time he put on all that makeup and threw some flags behind him around 6pm, over 3000 American died. why are we pushing this (my dem reps). Good for you house republicans for stopping this.

I thought Bush was going to bankrupt and destroy America, turns out he is destroying the entire planet. WOW.

Democrates...KNOCK IT OFF, think about what your doing here.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:28 PM
LML

7,109 posts, read 8,098,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You're forgetting that we can thank the democrats for this mess.

Oh nonsense. Both democrats and republicans are to blame because they both have too many members who are so busy obeying the wishes of the lobbiest that they had completely forgotten those who sent them there. And a lot of folks who used their homes as a piggy bank during the boom times are responsible too. There is plenty of blame to go around but the bottom line is that it is an American problem and it is time that we go back to the constitution that makes us not only free but responsible.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:29 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,115,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
So where does it end? How can you be so flippant about companies failing? Everytime that happens, people lose jobs and companies that did business with that company begin to weaken, including companies outside the financial industry. With all of these exotic investment tools out there, it's very difficult to untangle the web and figure out exactly who all will be affected. Am I happy about the bailout? No. But I don't believe we have a choice. Right now this crisis is limited to the financial industry - banks, insurance companies, etc, but that won't remain the case if something's not done.
So tell me... who is impacted by inflation?

We do have a choice... but you're choosing to believe that there are merely two options... something that the polarization created by the two major political parties have mastered. They're not interested in a competition of ideas... just pitting one against another as a distraction.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:32 PM

714 posts, read 1,392,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Why are you convinced something HAS to be done?
Did you ever think you are being lied to?

Bush told you Saddam is going to kill us and you ran to war.
Bush told you we are fighting for Iraqi freedom you became an Iraqi patriot.
Give it a rest and stop believing the hype.
I don't know b/c every intelligent economist says so...If it were up to me I wouldn't bailout anyone, but you would have a bunch of Americans crying that the gov. ruined their life. In my personal life...I'm fine with money and will continue to be.

Don't start with me and your bs comments about.. do you believe. Do you believe Clinton was telling the truth when he told the world that he didn't have sexual relations......PULEASE!!

I use my own brain, thanks for playing.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:35 PM

1,965 posts, read 2,419,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
I don't know b/c every intelligent economist says so...If it were up to me I wouldn't bailout anyone, but you would have a bunch of Americans crying that the gov. ruined their life. In my personal life...I'm fine with money and will continue to be.

Don't start with me and your bs comments about.. do you believe. Do you believe Clinton was telling the truth when he told the world that he didn't have sexual relations......PULEASE!!

I use my own brain, thanks for playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies