U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Nancy Pelosi be relieved of her duties?
Yes, she is a trouble maker 71 71.00%
No, she is great 29 29.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:38 PM

32,260 posts, read 54,960,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
It is silly to me though. We are voting on this bill that it is said we need for the American people. If she did or didn't say what others liked it isn't as important not to vote for the bill if you feel it was needed. I can't believe what she said would cause people to not vote for what they believed was right. This my friends isn''t the playground.
EXACTLY.

They were looking any reason to vote against it and she became the person they could blame.

Imagine if a reporter actually asked them "so you didnt vote for this because of Nancy Pelosi?"

What would the answer be?
"Yes, She said some mean words on the floor of the house".

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 01:40 PM

64 posts, read 117,111 times
She is blocking too much . She is hurting the country because she does not like Bush . She is playing hard ball with the country and be-damned with the people! This will also hurt Obama because she represents his party!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:41 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,108,199 times
they were voting on a bill that bush, pelosi, reid, dodd, frank, and others wanted, not what americans wanted. she was especially weasel-like because she wanted credit for the bill passing, but wanted to blame the bill on republicans. even her own party saw through that! i might even go hug a democrat if i could catch one.....

Old 09-29-2008, 01:42 PM

32,260 posts, read 54,960,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludia View Post
She is blocking too much . She is hurting the country because she does not like Bush . She is playing hard ball with the country and be-damned with the people! This will also hurt Obama because she represents his party!!!
If she really wanted to play hard ball, she'd have impeached his sorry *ss 2 years ago.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:42 PM

64 posts, read 117,111 times
lol

Old 09-29-2008, 01:48 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,390,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
We're talking more money than the total sum of what we've spent thusfar in Iraq!

Nancy Pelosi needs to shut up? WHY?

Its her job to remind us what the true cost and why we arrived at this awful place?

Not only do they need to be chewed out publically, but maybe a good spanking on national television might make us feel better.
The partisan blaming is what I was referring to. This was caused by both the parties, not just the republicans. It is not helping having anyone from either party go on and on blaming the other side. At this point just come up with ideas together to fix it.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:15 PM

4,507 posts, read 8,007,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
EXACTLY.

They were looking any reason to vote against it and she became the person they could blame.

Imagine if a reporter actually asked them "so you didnt vote for this because of Nancy Pelosi?"

What would the answer be?
"Yes, She said some mean words on the floor of the house".

LOL
Look, she can't have it both ways. Neither can the republicans. BOTH sides are making this political!! She is the LEADER in the Senate and has chosen this path...now is pouting because the republicans are playing along.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:17 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,187,492 times
I don't know about anyone else but I know and believe that this will effect all of us. Iff say my husbands company can't make payroll that effect me. I say we all go to Wahington sit on the lawn and say get this bill the Hell done. They are there because we the people voted for them. I understand that most of them don't deal with pay check to pay check. I know many people out there don't want tax payers to take this on. But if we don't will we be better off. Most of us don't have anything on wallstreet anyway, heck most are lucky to get through the week. If this effects the places we work at and what they can do it will be more than just getting a car, a house it will be living week to week without a paycheck. I get that all that may not happen this week but in some ways it already is.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:21 PM

2,365 posts, read 3,411,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Just saw her talking about bipartisanship while right before the vote on the bill she went into an anti-Bush, anti-Republican rant/speech and some R's changed their vote. If she was any kind of a politician she could have gotten more Dems to vote for it and pass it as they are in the majority.
Your right, she can't even control her own party, otherwise, they would have voted for it. She's far too liberal anyways. The last Speaker, Dennis Hastert, was fairly moderate, for a Republican. The Dems should go w/ one of their more moderate members as the Speaker, someone that can get Bipartisan workmanship done.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:23 PM

105 posts, read 191,117 times
Default What a telling statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksalone View Post
She one of the world's great wonders!

she can walk upright ... with both feet in her mouth

Someone needs to gag her! And if there is a magician in the house ... maybe she could be made to disappear!
Nancy Pelosi is doing her job and trying to protect the tax payers from the type of people who find this type of statement meaningful and timely. I am very happy that Pelosi is slowing down this process. It took 10 years to get into this mess and now you expect to get out of it in one week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or