U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Nancy Pelosi be relieved of her duties?
Yes, she is a trouble maker 71 71.00%
No, she is great 29 29.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:27 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,228,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
Nancy Pelosi is doing her job and trying to protect the tax payers from the type of people who find this type of statement meaningful and timely. I am very happy that Pelosi is slowing down this process. It took 10 years to get into this mess and now you expect to get out of it in one week.
What? She wanted to hurry the damn thing through the day after Paulson submitted it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 02:31 PM

5 posts, read 5,911 times
After 8 years of Repug's voting with Bush lock step doing what ever he wants, NOW they decide to think on their own? But W is the decider! This is Bush's bill and he want the Taxpayers to pick up the tab again no questions asked give me a break
Go Nancy!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:34 PM

5 posts, read 5,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
If she really wanted to play hard ball, she'd have impeached his sorry *ss 2 years ago.
Do you understand you need a majority to impeach?
50 Dem votes won't do it
Do you think the Repug's would really jump on board for impeachment after they voted with Bush for the past 8 years?

Old 09-29-2008, 02:37 PM

472 posts, read 786,169 times
I think a majority of those in Congress needs to lose their office. Both Republican and Democratic led congresses under the Bush admin have been incredibly disappointing. I'd like to see Pelosi go as well as John Boehner

Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 PM

161 posts, read 305,075 times
Hi Folks I had to come and read the posts. I said to myself I won't say anything because I say a lot but I and my family are watching the news right now...hey I haven't liked this eithter...but its scarey.. all the news are saying worst figures since...saying depresssion...meeting payrolls..this is nuts...I just got this off the wire ..."The House quickly divided into hostile camps on what had intended to be a bipartisan bill, with both sides saying the other had not held up its end of the bargain. Indeed 40 percent of Democrats and two-thirds of Republicans opposed the legislation in the 205-228 vote against the bill. " so I may be missing something but I heard something like they needed 16 votes ..feel free to correct me nicely its ok but go easy I have massive indigestion with this whole thing...

Old 09-29-2008, 02:44 PM

4,608 posts, read 7,271,699 times
! ! ! H E Y ! ! !

Why do they need the Republicans to pass this deal?

Old 09-29-2008, 02:50 PM

4,507 posts, read 8,006,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
Nancy Pelosi is doing her job and trying to protect the tax payers from the type of people who find this type of statement meaningful and timely. I am very happy that Pelosi is slowing down this process. It took 10 years to get into this mess and now you expect to get out of it in one week.
It took a lot longer than 10 years to build up to this...and Pelosi isn't slowing it down...she wanted it passed ASAP and is making a mockery of the process along the way.

The republicans are slowing it down, first by insisting some of the pork be removed and that probably p*issed Nancy and Frank off. They wanted funds for Acorn!!

There is still pork in this bill and no guarantee it will be reasonable solution to the problem. If you want the markets to be up tomorrow then this is your bill. If you want more than what that shallow vision will provide then they need to look at alternative solutions.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,749,547 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/23/bu...in&oref=slogin

The Swedes go out of their financial problems and we could learn from their solution.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:21 PM

12,499 posts, read 16,576,070 times
As a Republican who was opposed to this stunning albatross bail out, I would thank Pelosi if I thought the failure was her fault. Her partisan speech was really stupid but I doubt that a partisan speech affected only thin-skinned Republicans. My guess it was the Bill itself and the public's opposition to it that doomed it to failure.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 PM

13,781 posts, read 23,745,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
What the heck is she thinking...parading around...."we have a deal, we have a deal, we have the votes, we have the votes!!"

No they didn't, they never had a deal or the votes.

They need to quit monkeying around!!!
I actually think they probably did have the votes, Boehner and Blunt are pretty good at reading member sentiments.

Pelosi gave a really stupid speech prior to the vote, really a disgrace after all of the work done to put this together:

Breitbart.tv Pelosi Attacks Bush, Praises Clinton Surplus Prior to Vote on Bailout
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or