U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:32 PM

4,933 posts, read 6,800,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
If people panic, that will lead to major problems. Your money is guarenteed up to $100K, so I wouldn't make a run on the banks. Again, that will cause more problems than we already have. Then, this would be a repeat of 1929. Don't panic people.
Where does the FDIC get it's money when our nation is 10 trillion in debt? There is no money. They can only print their obligations. Trade your dollars for real goods now. Stuff that will help you survive the collapse of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 02:37 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,238,139 times
Our Dollar is actually stronger now since this bail out bill was shot down people!!! Wake up, don't panic, educate yourselves!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 PM

690 posts, read 910,735 times
I am thinking GOLD! :-)

All in one ounce bars! Great for trading! LOL!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:39 PM

19,556 posts, read 19,314,301 times
To those believing in the FDIC saving your accounts,WHEN EXACTLY will the FDIC repay you?

One day,two days,three weeks?
The answer is 'as soon as possible'....kind of a little vague.

Now WHERE EXACTLY does the FDIC get the funds from?
Well oddly enough it gets it from.....taxpayers.

So the FDIC will,as soon as it possibly can,pay you back your money in a bank account with your taxes.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:43 PM

And in case nobody noticed, which I'm going out on a limb and guessing many didn't, oil dropped quite a bit as well. Also making our dollar stronger.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:44 PM

125 posts, read 166,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I don't know if this is political or not, but I'm not willing to risk getting paid back in depreciated dollars from the government printing press (FDIC is insolvent. Our nation is insolvent). I'd suggest getting your money out now while it still has value. Only a sucker would put faith in the system that is clearly bankrupt and broken. Just don't be the idiot that gets caught with his pants down. People are already lining up at banks all over the country.
Ok.... this is what you would suggest people to do .... have you actually done it? If so .... good for you. Personally I would much rather be part of the solution than the problem.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksalone View Post
Ok.... this is what you would suggest people to do .... have you actually done it? If so .... good for you. Personally I would much rather be part of the solution than the problem.
Indeed! Do not make this worse people.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 PM

It IS your money in the bank....if the bank you trusted was so wasteful to put itself in the position where it can fail, perhaps it deserves to.

My bank just vanished today....I guess they should have been more frugal.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:53 PM

105 posts, read 191,625 times
Default Are you kkkidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texianpatriot View Post
i don't know if this is political or not, but i'm not willing to risk getting paid back in depreciated dollars from the government printing press (fdic is insolvent. Our nation is insolvent). I'd suggest getting your money out now while it still has value. Only a sucker would put faith in the system that is clearly bankrupt and broken. Just don't be the idiot that gets caught with his pants down. People are already lining up at banks all over the country.

this is the worst piece of advice i have ever heard in my whole life. It is probably some kid seeing if they can start a stampede at the bank. What are we gonna do w/all the hot dollars we withdraw einstein?

Old 09-29-2008, 02:55 PM

Ummm,if the system is not bankrupt and broken,why are the American people being asked to give $700,000,000,000 to them???

And why do the banks and investment firms keep going under?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies