U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM

628 posts, read 1,854,808 times

Advertisements

I hope everyone keeps this in mind when it's time to re-elect some of these people:

MyFox WGHP | Roll Call: How N.C. Representatives Voted on Bailout

Clyburn Blames Republicans for Bailout Bill Defeat | Washington Bureau

Lastly, I see one Representative in Illinois didn't feel like voting..Whats that all about??? Is this not important enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 04:41 PM

913 posts, read 2,306,513 times
Who in IL are you referring to? If it's Obama, he's in the Senate, not the House. The Senate didn't vote today.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:43 PM

Representative Jerry Weller-R

Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,431,580 times
Good...

Old 09-29-2008, 05:10 PM

65 posts, read 199,784 times
Nice move Senate. Why even bring up bailout, if they can't even get it right? That just made things a whole lot worse. I'm stinking mad as heck!!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,033,005 times
I would honestly rather let it all completely crash and start over versus saddle our country with more debt, we just cannot afford it.
We can take the huge pain now, or take the easy way out and saddle our children and grandchildren with this debt.
All this is such stopgap measure anyway.

Hop over to Deutsche Welle (Germany), Financial Times (UK), Pravda (Russia) and read some other news.
We peddled our junk instruments around the world and many other giants are teetering and will need a bailout.

Not that I think a 1929 redux would be pleasant by any means, but I would do what I would have to do for my family and myself.
We would survive.

Last edited by mullman; 09-29-2008 at 05:28 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 05:41 PM

I'm with you, Mullman!! However, it's easy for me...I do not have much $$ in my 401K or investments.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:44 PM

2,364 posts, read 3,411,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
I hope everyone keeps this in mind when it's time to re-elect some of these people:

MyFox WGHP | Roll Call: How N.C. Representatives Voted on Bailout

Clyburn Blames Republicans for Bailout Bill Defeat | Washington Bureau

Lastly, I see one Representative in Illinois didn't feel like voting..Whats that all about??? Is this not important enough?
I've voted for John Spratt the last 2 elections. He will not get my vote this time for voting this horrible bill.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 PM

74 posts, read 126,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I would honestly rather let it all completely crash and start over versus saddle our country with more debt, we just cannot afford it.
We can take the huge pain now, or take the easy way out and saddle our children and grandchildren with this debt.
All this is such stopgap measure anyway.

Hop over to Deutsche Welle (Germany), Financial Times (UK), Pravda (Russia) and read some other news.
We peddled our junk instruments around the world and many other giants are teetering and will need a bailout.

Not that I think a 1929 redux would be pleasant by any means, but I would do what I would have to do for my family and myself.
We would survive.
Ah hell I'm with ya too. For a couple of reasons actually:

1.) I never planned on retiring so I don't really need a 401k
2.) I've never had a girlfriend so why get one now.
3.) Given #2 I'll never get married.
4.) Given #3 I'll never have children.
5.) Also given #3 I'll forever be a virgin, but sex's overrated anyways.

So in summary I can just go it alone like I have basically all my life and still live pretty damn good being an engineer and all.

P.S.: I'm not being a smart ass I'm actually kinda serious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies