Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you trust THIS administration regarding the bailout?
Yes. They will manage it just fine. 5 16.13%
No. They will screw it up and/or rip us off again. 23 74.19%
Not sure. 2 6.45%
Don't care. 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:00 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Do you trust THIS administration regarding the bailout? I sure don’t.

Bush is a moron and his crowd has ruined everything they’ve touched, the list is too long for this thread. It took us 20 years to put the Vietnam War behind us and get back to good standing in the world, now it will take that long once again to shake the image of buffoonery that Bush, Rove, et al will leave behind.

Story at: washingtonpost.com

Excerpts:

The leaders of the country said: Trust us.

The people said: Not this time.

Conservatives said they could not abide the government intrusion on the free market. Liberals recoiled at government checks rescuing Gucci-wearing Masters of the Universe. There were those who sniped that this was a "No Banker Left Behind" program.

"There's got to be some kind of bailout, but the bottom line is that I just don't trust these guys." Look at the Iraq war, he said. "Everything this administration has touched has gone to hell."

"You've got massive public distrust and dissatisfaction, with the bailout specifically, with government in general, and George Bush and the entire political establishment," said Doug Muzzio, professor of public affairs at Baruch College in New York.

For some, this was not just an unwise bailout but also an outrageous one. Geoffrey Cotter, 65, a real estate broker in Henderson, Nev., who has seen the housing market collapse, said yesterday: "I work hard for my money. Why should I be giving it to these big banks?" He added: "Instead of having a bailout, why don't we have indictments?"

End of excerpts. Please vote in the thread.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-30-2008 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Spacing of para's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
How many times George and his administration cried wolf and lied to the people. Nobody in their right mind actually trusts this group of thieves and criminals in office.

If we’re going to have a bail out then lets first have some people heading to jail for mismanagement of their office and position. Failure on their part doesn’t constitute payment on mine!

I knew George Bush couldn’t get through the 8 years without just one more big screwup! Nobody in their right minds can believe the crazy ride for the last 8 years when they look back at this group in the White House. The lack of competent leadership has destroyed the nation, and looking at another four years with McSame isn’t even logical at this point.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
[
Quote:
quote=Mike from back east;5486985]Do you trust THIS administration regarding the bailout? I sure don’t.

Bush is a moron quote]
Okay, Pelosi clone. I read this far (see above) and that's it. If you want dialogue, it's best not to start out with comments like that.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:21 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
[
Okay, Pelosi clone. I read this far (see above) and that's it. If you want dialogue, it's best not to start out with comments like that.
Go read "The Bush Tragedy" by Jacob Weisberg. Bush is a moron. Got it?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:34 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case 700Billion.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 01-19-2010 at 08:02 PM..

Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,414 times
I don't trust this administration and I sure don't trust our congress to do it. It certainly is not going to be better in January.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:57 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
The GOP has already started another mantra: Freddie and Fannie. They're repeating it over and over. They've even resurrected Karl Rove and he's using it too. Well, this gargantuan mess involves a heck of a lot more than "Freddie and Fannie"

They are constantly digging up Jimmy Carter, Clinton, and the Dem-controlled Congress as if the big five (Lehman, Merrill Lynch, Bear & Stearns, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley) had never existed.

Well, this independent voter is aware of the special, purposeful exemption the SEC gave the aforementioned investment houses back in 2004 to increase the amount of money they could borrow and issue mortgage-backed securities (garbage) and derivatives (more garbage). All this leverage contributed to the bubble and precipitated the current mess.

The Bush administration made oversight of these firms voluntary. So please don't talk to me about McCain's efforts to regulate "Freddie and Fannie". A lot of banks and mortgage brokers knowingly gave loans to unqualified people. Now, both political parties want a "recovery act" (talk about euphemisms) to give taxpayer money to the same crooks who got us into this mess. I have yet to hear a GOP talking head acknowledging this tidbit.

Alas, I've noticed that the Democrats don't mention the big five much either. Gee, could it be that they've received a lot of political contributions from them?

So, no I do not trust this administration, and I do not trust Congress either. They have been working on this bailout for over a week now and the sky hasn't fallen yet. Have portfolios and 401k lost value? Of course, they have. Mine has lost value also. But you don't lose money until you sell.

I don't think there is a single human being out there who has a solid grasp on the magnitude and complexity of this mess. They just want to crank up the printing presses and hand the loot over to Wall Street and corrupt banks. As usual, they don't address the root of the problem. They just want to throw money at it-no rules, no questions asked. They're all a bunch of pathetic, irresponsible enablers.

So, you're right. I don't believe anything this administration says. We've been beguiled too many times. The fact that George Bush sounded off the alarm at the 11th hour tells me there is something very, very rotten about this business. Fear makes people do stupid things. Bush is very adept at instilling fear. I'm not buying it.

To the fearful and fear mongers I say do not come crying on my shoulder because my pity meter pegged out a while back.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:11 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
I don't trust this administration and I sure don't trust our congress to do it. It certainly is not going to be better in January.

I agree I do not trust ANY in that gang to manage a thing correctly.

They must ALL answer to their real master. Lobbyiest who work for special interest.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:13 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Y'all seem to want to overlook that the DEMS jumped on this (in Congress), were determined to write the bill and push it through and have been very condescending to those Legislators (on both sides of the aisel!!!) who did not follow Pelosi and Crowd to a Yea vote.

So what does that say about "who is in charge???"

We are all sick of Bush, ok!!! But there were Congressmen - BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE - who saw this legislation as the stinky fish it is . . . and so they REFUSED to be bullied by Nancy, Barney, Harry, etc.

GOP Legislators refused to sign off on this bill as did DEMs . . . b/c they were LISTENING TO THEIR CONSTITUENTS. I have given this some thought and it seems to me . . . that was rather courageous.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:15 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case 700Billion.

Lol first sign is great but second is misleading as there are groups like ACORN among others who want money from this Bail out.

By no stretch of the imagination are they Bush's friends.

BOTH camps have "special friends" getting money from that bail out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies