Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:18 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times

Advertisements

haha, I thought it was tastefully done, however I am sure that I will get called a racist for it at some point. my pet spider got devoured by a cockroach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So you think alcoholics are those who like to escape reality, like it's a choice?

How about Leukemia sufferers? Are they being too negative?

Very nicely done. Done with tact and wit instead of the usual resentful jealous hate. If Palin told me to squeal like a pig boya, boy oh boy! PS: ugottapurdymouf.

PS: Say hi to that pet spider for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 02:21 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
The great thing about living in America is that we have the freedom to say what we choose (within reason) in this forum.....while you have the freedom not to read.
What a stupid comment. How are people supposed to know how they feel about your posts unless they read it?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:22 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Yet this village idiot LIED to commit this country to a failed war, wasting billions.
Wrong again.
Either Bush AND the entire international intelligence community AND the Senate and House intelligence committee lied or none of them did. It can't be both ways.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Exclamation !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
According to your childish claims of kool-aid, I believe in the movies it would be obama's followers who drink kool-aid.

YouTube - PROOF: OBAMA'S INVOLVEMENT IN WALL STREET COLLAPSE

Obama, on behalf of ACORN would sue banks to make them give low income and bad creditors loans.

As lawyer, Obama was strong, silent type :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Barack Obama (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/700499,CST-NWS-Obama-law17.article - broken link)

O'S DANGEROUS PALS - New York Post

Rezko cash triple what Obama says :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Politics (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/432197,CST-NWS-obama18.article - broken link)
Constantly Amazed....

I'm sorry. You were saying?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:00 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Hey, what are you yelling at me for, I don't do any of those things you listed on your original post.

All I want to do is see Obama and Todd naked, maybe a little mud wrestling naked and no, not together, maybe each with me. sheesh

Old 09-30-2008, 03:16 PM

862 posts, read 1,050,928 times
[quote=Refugee56;5491559]The economy is based on the following:

Public Policy: Bush has basically eliminated anti trust and regulations allowing greed to to take over (government needs to protect us from ourselves)

Faith: We have lost trust in our leader and expect the worst

Government Spending: Our budget is going towards war and defense, instead of infrastructure, education and social services. This has destroyed our economy. Our trade and budget deficit is also killing us.

Bush has destroyed the economy and he has been doing so for 8 years![

To be fair, Clinton did much the same,albeit on a smaller scale.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:17 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
The venom spewing from the majority of posters on this forum is troubling to say the least. There are putdowns galore, childish inferences, flat out lies, name calling, and some of you even seem to revel in others misfortune. Is this your idea of a great America?? If so, we are in deep, deep trouble, because the vast majority of you seem to want to quell any mention of truth and sling accusations, and a very small percentage of you even attempt to debate an issue on it's merit.

When will we get back to logical debating on anything? I'm sorry, but most of ya'll are just sorry, and I feel sorry for you, because you will sit there behind the protection of your computer screen and call someone dumb over and over, when in reality, the person you are criticizing is out doing ten times more with their life than you will ever accomplish with your own.

Some of the more pathetic postings on this forum include the following:

1. McCain is old - Yeah, so what. You will be old, everyone will be old someday, provided you don't get killed prematurely. It's a fact of life, and if you live long enough, you will ALL have some sort of health problems. You sound like a bunch of teenagers who all just got together and realized you all started growing pubic hairs and can't figure out why. If YOUR candidate was old, then the shoe would be on the other foot and you'd be touting his "Experience" not his age. So quit with the double standards because it takes away greatly from your already limited credibility.

2. Obama is black - Yeah, so what. He's half black and half white actually, so as much as I like Oreo cookies, you'd think I'd pick him first. To the majority of intelligent voters, both Rep. and Dem., his race or lack thereof is NOT an issue to us. I'm sure there is a tiny percentage of rednecks in this country that will not vote for him because of his race, but I'm also positive that there are blacks who are voting for him ONLY because of his race, not because they are up to speed on the issues. If his race is an issue to someone, that's not someone I care to associate with in the first place, so the majority of these race based voters are segregated from the general "thinking" public anyhow.

3. Palin is dumb - Sarah Palin is not dumb at all. She is a hard working mother, and I suspect that if the mother of your children were to be called dumb by someone on the street to your face, you'd probably punch a hole in their head, I know I would. You might not agree with her politics, and to give you an example, I do not agree with her abortion stance. I do not think the government has ANY business telling a woman what she can or can't do with her body and her own personal choices. Yes, that's right, a conservative republican who is PRO CHOICE. Most of my conservative friends feel the same, so when you lump us all in the "Christian Right Wing" category, you only serve to promote your own ignorance on what a true "conservative" is. We want the Feds out of our business and minding their own, period! As for Sarah being dumb, I can assure you from reading these posts that most of you did not graduate with honors or anywhere near the top of your class. I would like to see those of you who did try to do so while raising an entire flock of children. Calling her dumb is just a way to excuse yourself from actually seeing the good in someone whom you may disagree with. If it makes you feel better about yourself, then I hope you like what you see in the mirror.

4. The Economy is Bush's fault - This economy has NOTHING to do with George Bush. Economic plans take years to play out, and blaming G.W. Bush is just the lazy way out so you don't have to actually study and learn anything at all about economics. Why? Because you're lazy, plain and simple. To learn about economics would take brainpower that you'd rather exert on name calling and Bush Bashing. This economic disaster started in the 1990's and was brought into play today by both Republicans and President Clinton. Do some simple research on the Glass-Steagall Act and the Stock Market Crash of 1929, and how we got to this economic crisis will become abundantly clearer if your small mind is capable of absorbing the information. If you were smoking too much pot during the 60's or more worried about dropping acid and expanding your mind, you probably can't handle this research on your own, so get one of your small children to help you find the information, as they will be far better equipped. And Lastly....and this will throw most of you into a tizzy I'm sure...AMERICAN GREED PLAYED A HUGE PART IN THIS ECONOMIC CRISIS. John Doe "A" bought himself a nice big 4500 sq. ft. house with granite counters, 4 car garage, 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and on and on. John Doe "B" saw this and he wanted the same thing. He couldn't afford it, and he knew it but he wanted it. And Mr. Greedy lender wanted to give him the loan, because he got a commision on it. And of course with your shiny new house, you need a shiny new Mercedes, or Land Rover, or some other $70k vehicle so the nighbors won't think your below them. This went on very years with milions of households. It was one big Pyramid scheme, and now the money has run out. Too many people were loaned money that shouldn't have been, and now we are all paying the price. Hate me for saying it, I don't care. We need this kind of financial crisis to bring the American Public brought down to reality and realize what the important things in life are. It is NOT the almighty dollar. How many of you, as you criticize other for being evil and rich, have donated more than $50 of your own money to ANY kind of charity this year?? Shhh....hear the silence. I've donated thousands in time, materials and cash, and if I didn't have all this evil rich money I'd made of the poor backs of PEOPLE I EMPLOY and priovide health insurance and retirement plans for, I wouldn't have donated any to charity myself I guess. Come to think of it, running a business is just to hard, maybe I'll just lay everyone off, go work for someone else, and just start bitching about how bad everything is and wait for the government to come solve all my problems, rather than take responsibility for my own life.

Most of you are a disgraceful representation of the American Public, and I am proud of the fact that nearly all the men in both mine and my wifes families have served in every major war to ensure you the ability to spew your hatred and venom, as much as your poisonous words sicken me. The government that we have in place today is not a government for the people, it's a government that is for itself, and pits the people against each other for the sake of maintaning power, and the vast majority of you are too stupid to realize that, and would rather name call and hurl petty insults at the opposing candidate. If you had half a brain, you'd realize we could all band together as one, debate each issue on an individual basis, much like a company is run, and come to a consensus on who the best candidate for our country might be. And if we didn't like the ones we had, we'd fire them and get a new one.

But alas, this would take too much thinking on your part, and would require that you listen, learn, and keep on open mind about opposing points of view. Eeeeeek....opposing points of view?? You mean I'm not a know it all?? Yeah, that's right. Americans, in addition to their greedy nature, also have an arrogance towards always wanting to be right.

Now that I think of it, maybe you all are not such a misrepresentation of America today after all. Maybe you The representation of America. And if that's true, you are getting exactly what your deserve.

The End.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:18 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Hey, what are you yelling at me for, I don't do any of those things you listed on your original post.

All I want to do is see Obama and Todd naked, maybe a little mud wrestling naked and no, not together, maybe each with me. sheesh
If you post the video on you tube, make sure you use original music. You don't want to have to keep re-posting it 'cause you violated a copyright...

Oh, and if you can, try to do a little mud wrestling with McCain and Ron Paul, too. In the spirit of equal media coverage, you know.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:19 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Wrong again.
Either Bush AND the entire international intelligence community AND the Senate and House intelligence committee lied or none of them did. It can't be both ways.

Give us a break! You don't remember Cheney prowling the halls of the CIA to make sure he got the "intelligence" that was required to get what he wanted? Don't rewrite any more history, please!

Old 09-30-2008, 03:22 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
OK, I am guilty of believing that Palin is dumb. I'm willing to state that she may not be dumb . . . but she doesn't have to try hard to look and sound dumb.
You mean she isn't even the real interviews were staged by SNL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies