U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 PM

13,784 posts, read 23,817,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I'm not sure I'd want to penalize a family who bought a life-long family home, and then at retirement age needed to move for obvious reasons. They are clearly not selling thier home with profit motive, but merely to secure a home that meets with changing life circumstances. By making pay back the assistance when they become pensioners would simply place the same old burden back onto them when they can least afford it. I think it would be reasonable to excuse the obligation five years after the mortgage is fully paid, or at age 65, whichever comes first.
Add a 10 year in-the-home minimum provision for age 65 and I can agree with you here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 06:42 PM

7,730 posts, read 12,716,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Add a 10 year in-the-home minimum provision for age 65 and I can agree with you here.
When are you running for Congress?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 PM

13,784 posts, read 23,817,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
When are you running for Congress?
I don't pander, so I'll never break into double digits. I also have a strong sense of individual responsibility associated with any support payments, so neither side of the aisle will really be too happy with me.

I have enough difficulties with my rep point to posting ratios, much less voting support...

Old 09-30-2008, 06:58 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,305,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

I have enough difficulties with my rep point to posting ratios, much less voting support...
Close race. You're ahead of me, 6.26 to 6.44. I'm glad I never gave you one.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:15 PM

1,914 posts, read 3,130,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That seems the correct way to get the money flowing back into the banks.
They are making this so complicated to screw us once again. You build any economy bottom up, not top down. Bush is telling us to be afraid...he's always been a fear monger. He is the total opposite of FDR and his message of nothing to fear but fear itself.

I wouldn't trust a cockroach in the hands of Paulson or any other Bush Crime Family appointee, let alone The U.S. Treasury.

This will go down in histroy as the biggest heist ever!
Who is "they"?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
cat

70 posts, read 261,443 times
So if you are near foreclosure (3 months or less) call your lender but I doubt they will renogotiate the terms on interest or payments but they will make arragements as to pay only the interest for a while.[/quote]

Thanks for the run down, but, this isn't much help if a house payment is say, $2,000 a month, and $1,900 of that is interest...
Cat

Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 PM

862 posts, read 815,701 times
The rich make nothing from readjustment-700 billion for nothing is much nicer.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 PM

862 posts, read 815,701 times
[quote=sickofnyc;5491581]That seems the correct way to get the money flowing back into the banks.
They are making this so complicated to screw us once again. You build any economy bottom up, not top down. Bush is telling us to be afraid...he's always been a fear monger. He is the total opposite of FDR and his message of nothing to fear but fear itself.

I wouldn't trust a cockroach in the hands of Paulson or any other Bush Crime Family appointee, let alone The U.S. Treasury.

This will go down in histroy as the biggest heist ever![

We should be so lucky, there are MANY more bail/hand-outs on the
way.Sub-prime is a small part of derivitive scam.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Credit will dry up for the average American. Businesses will fail. But in the long run, it's better to do it now while these assets still have some inherent value.
It won't dry up forever though..just long enough to get the "bad stuff" out of the system.

Businesses will fail yes..but how many Starbucks can you realistically have within a 10 block radius ?

Those solid companies will survive. We need a cleansing.

I say let them fall.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
[quote=Alt Dach;5496280]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That seems the correct way to get the money flowing back into the banks.

This will go down in histroy as the biggest heist ever![

We should be so lucky, there are MANY more bail/hand-outs on the
way.Sub-prime is a small part of derivitive scam.
They say we are just in inning 2 or 3 of a 10 inning game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies