Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Are you directing these statements to the adults or teens as well?
There is a difference and you have to recognize that when you are young, maybe you have some knowledge of what sex is and can lead to but there is also this "invincible" factor. Teens/Pre-teens think that it will not and can not happen to them. I am currently working in a school where there are girls, as young as 12, having babies. You cannot honestly sit there and think that at 12 you have the 'big picture' in mind and/or understand it for that matter. These are the same girls that may or may not make it in the first place due to their family lives and then you add a baby on top of that!!! Go spend some time in an inner city school where choices are limited and become obsolete once a baby in brought into the picture. It's sad.
Where are the parents? Where are 6th grade girls having sex? At that age, I blame the parents. Or Parent.

I don't have to go to an inner-city school b/c I see enough of the stupidity where I used to work and my husband does now (family business)...there are women, around my age, who think it's the most NATURAL thing in the world for a 15 year old to get preggo. It's pathetic. With that attitude from the mom....what are you left with?

And those aren't the girls being brought to clinics to have abortions. They are the ones having the babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoCares2 View Post
The time to choose is BEFORE you have unprotected sex, not after you find yourself pregnant. The choice now affects your unborn child also.
Absolutely! 10 seconds of feeling good can change your life forever. I would expect 20/30 somethings to GET THAT. As I would 18 and 19 year olds. 10, 11, 12, 13, etc. year olds, not so much. That's where I ask WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Encouraging and practicing safe sex is about as effective as encouraging and practicing safe driving. Good chance you're going to have an accident some day anyway. Definitely, some people are...it's basically just the luck of the draw as to whether you'll be one of them or not...
Not at all. If you choose to protect yourself while having sex...you're in charge. You can't help what some butt-hole you cannot protect yourself from does while driving.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:00 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
You assume there is no such thing as a pro-life democrat and a pro-choice Republican.

I hate getting into the whole abortion debate.
If you're against it, just don't have one.
Keep your f-ing laws off my body and let me do what the heck I want with it.

I'll never have kids unless some guy rapes me but in any case, there are plenty of women who shouldn't have to bear children just because you want to make a point.

Why not try to help the kids already in the world?
The world is already overpopulated enough.

Besides, the abortion rate is down anyway.
Teen pregnancy is up for the first time in a while...
Of course one could attribute it to how hard it is to get an abortion...lack of access,etc, etc

Old 10-04-2008, 04:02 PM

SOME Republicans liken using contraception to abortion...and you don't want people to have abortions. Can you make up your mind?

IUDS, condoms, birth control pills, deprovera, REAL sex ed, and sterilization will make a difference.

Of course some people will make stupid mistakes and that's on them.

If you're against abortion, just don't have one.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:06 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Why don't you answer the question? How can a soldier be "pro-life" when he has been trained and sent to the battlefield specifically for the purpose of killing people who may be innocent? If I knew then that McCain and others had been sent to VietNam to kill people based on a pack of lies, how come the future president couldn't figure that out?
You are as hopelessly lost as the last guy. War is a whole nother subject, just take my original OP as it was written... Jturd- ......nevermind

Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The Right to Choose versus Compulsory Childbirth. Individual autonomy versus state control...the latter being based on religious dogma. That's it in a nutshell...

Old 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
actually, abortion is 100% effective against childbirth.
Ha, I pretty much love this.

So is abstinence but that's too easy I get.

Of course backing up contraception is a good strategy as well.

IUDs+condom
Birth control pills + condoms+spermicide+RU486 for good measure
Condom+RU486

Many combinations...

Old 10-04-2008, 04:48 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Not at all. If you choose to protect yourself while having sex...you're in charge. You can't help what some butt-hole you cannot protect yourself from does while driving.
Hopefully, one is in charge during sex without regard to the taking of protective measures. Otherwise, you've just put those blinders on in order to skate past the problem. People aren't perfect. Birth control isn't perfect. Safe drivers aren't perfect either. They cause accidents every day. You can deal with reality or deny it...take your pick...

Old 10-04-2008, 04:51 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Memo Item: RU-486 results in a chemical as opposed to a surgical abortion, but it is still an abortion, and some other people and their Gods may not approve of it as the result...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies