Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 PM

609 posts, read 1,174,461 times

Advertisements

The most important thing I belive people are forgertting si the balance of rights and responsibilites. every single right is counterbalanced by a responsibility, and the two are inseperate. for evample I ahve the right to life and security in Canada, btu I also have the responsiblity to ensure I dont infringe on those rights of others.

Theres no if, and or buts. The two go together and you must have both. similarily, a father ahs the RESPONSIBILTY to pay for his child (obviously there may be exceptions although they are few such as the women lying about using birth control or refusing to take it to get her boyfriend "stuck wtih her"

And since the father or any father has this RESPONSIBILITY, he also has the RIGHTS. the to see his child and try and get or share custody. I believe this even extends to the pre-birth phase. To say that it is only men who are "not ready" to be parents or its always "men who want women to get an abortion" is completely untrue and is a stereotype reinforced often. The fact is it takes two to tango, and yet when it comes to a baby in the womb, a man automatically loses all his rights.

Theoreticaly, even if the father says, "hey give birth and Ill keep the baby and youll never see it again" he still ahs no say. i think this is a terrible thing considering the massive rights invasion of the father justified by the ever so tiring feminist rally call "its my body".

TO conclude, in abortion, a man has no rights, and therefore should have no responsibility. Of course women are going to be the first to reject this and it makes sense when you look at thier often one sided logic. the fact is the mass injustice I see has led me to think that no man should ever have to pay for child support. if a man has no rights form the begining, why should he have the responsibilty and no rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
Men should be more careful about where their sperm lands. It's a biological reality that sex can lead to a child and one is taking a chance every time they partake in sex. If a child is concieved, then those responsible for creating that child should be responsible for caring for that child. Why should only one of those responsible for making a baby be forced to take care of him/her solely? Even if the woman gets remarried, the dad is still the dad and should have to continue to pay for that child until he/she is 18.
That's why my son is learning about the dangers of gold diggers and that even if he doesn't want a kid if the woman wants one it is possible she can trick him into it by not taking birth control or putting holes in condoms. It does happen a lot. There needs to be more options for birth control for men.

Kids have sex as young as age 13, that is way too young to become a parent.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:42 PM

194 posts, read 361,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's why my son is learning about the dangers of gold diggers and that even if he doesn't want a kid if the woman wants one it is possible she can trick him into it by not taking birth control or putting holes in condoms. It does happen a lot. There needs to be more options for birth control for men.

Kids have sex as young as age 13, that is way too young to become a parent.
There's no doubt that there are gold diggers out there and women who trap men by getting pregnant. A man though does not accidently fall into bed with a woman, he chooses his sex partners and should be very "choosey" at that! Sex outside committed, healthy relationships does come at a price, there's no doubt about that.

I agree, 13 year old kids are way to young to be parents but they are also way to young to be having sex!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,637 times
[quote=JerseyG;5597622]Oh good grief already!

So of course liberals err on the side of pro-abortion. Be real. Call it what it is. It's pro-abortion. It's not a "choice". There is no choice for those who wouldn't abort. Using the word "choice" is just to make everyone's feelers happy who had one or thinks they want that option open to them should they need it someday.
quote]

Pro choice doesn't mean pro abortion, it means pro reproductive rights. It doesn't mean compelling anyone to get an abortion much as pro some-lifers want to believe that's what it means. It means keeping abortion legal so people who are going to get an abortion will be able to get it done safely instead of resorting to unsafer methods. It means the ability to access contraception and have proper sex education. Conservatives have confined it to meaning that someone is pro abortion, which is asinine and false.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:27 PM

609 posts, read 1,174,461 times
wrong. it never once meant the right to have access to contraceptives. tis a completely different issue. in canada anyways, birth control was out decades and decades legally before abortion was made legal. why are you trying to make it appear liek its the "amazing pro choice crusaders who brought contraceptives' when it is two different things (although some or many of the same people who fsupported one may of supported the other)

the fact is pro-choice really means pro death. of course if your not against abortion.. whats the one other choice.... funny how even the name "pro-choice" brings to mind a liberated, elft wing person, able to make a million different choices and be 'free". wehn in fact the only on other choice is...death.

the fact is with all the contraceptives out there, female pill, condoms and eventually male pill, why is anyone getting pregnant?? please dont lecture me on the probability that each one will work. i knwo the numbers. i was talking about using 2 of them togehter. and yet again, i knwo the left will find a way to worm in and say "but hey, people ahve gotten preganat using the pill and condom."

and like a liberal, they will use the smallest minority to justify the biggest issue. i hear it all the time "but hey what about aboriton for people who are raped!!!". well they make up less than 1 % of the people who get pregnant so....

and 13 year olds having sex... thats ****ing gross. im only 18, btu seriously if your a parent and you suspect you kid is doign that, please,please,please beat them. there is nothign mroe gross than hearing stories from my friends of "at thier old school a 12 year old was pregnant"

hoenstly the type of emotional damage that causes a child (getting pregnant and being unprepared emotionally and ahveing sex at the age of 12) is 1000X worse than any good old fashion whooping.

I dotn understnad why people cnat take respinsibility any more? if you touch a fire, you mgiht get burned. if you have sex, you might get pregnant. its the left who has used the euphamism of "fetus" to numb the consience of people. its the same crap the nazis did. when the SS and high Nazi command were and had brian washed eachother enough (even as himmler witnessed an execution and had brians splatter on him and vomited, he still had the nerve to turn to the soldiers and tell them they were doign a nessecary service for germany) they had no sumpathy.. so dont tell me "its not a baby". people will say anything to save thier consience. Why is it that the left ignore the fact that a huge percent of women who get abortions later face suicidal tendencies and depression? i guess thats just normal and our fault for making her think it might of been a real human?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post

and 13 year olds having sex... thats ****ing gross. im only 18, btu seriously if your a parent and you suspect you kid is doign that, please,please,please beat them. there is nothign mroe gross than hearing stories from my friends of "at thier old school a 12 year old was pregnant"

hoenstly the type of emotional damage that causes a child (getting pregnant and being unprepared emotionally and ahveing sex at the age of 12) is 1000X worse than any good old fashion whooping.

I dotn understnad why people cnat take respinsibility any more? if you touch a fire, you mgiht get burned. if you have sex, you might get pregnant. its the left who has used the euphamism of "fetus" to numb the consience of people. its the same crap the nazis did. when the SS and high Nazi command were and had brian washed eachother enough (even as himmler witnessed an execution and had brians splatter on him and vomited, he still had the nerve to turn to the soldiers and tell them they were doign a nessecary service for germany) they had no sumpathy.. so dont tell me "its not a baby". people will say anything to save thier consience. Why is it that the left ignore the fact that a huge percent of women who get abortions later face suicidal tendencies and depression? i guess thats just normal and our fault for making her think it might of been a real human?
If you don't think kids 13 yrs old are having sex you must live on the moon. Most kids have had sex by age 16-17 in 2008. Then you think any teenager should be held responsible for getting another teenager pregnant in that the boy is going to be a father hell or high water. That is pretty Nazi like thinkin right there.

Your Partison interjections are laughable. I'm a diehard Publican.

Then you say the emotional damage is so great "
hoenstly the type of emotional damage that causes a child (getting pregnant and being unprepared emotionally and ahveing sex at the age of 12) is 1000X worse than any good old fashion whooping."

Ha, that is why there is the option of abortion, so the kids don't have to deal with being pregnant.

What a life to live being so sheltered, you are a very lucky kid.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:06 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's why my son is learning about the dangers of gold diggers and that even if he doesn't want a kid if the woman wants one it is possible she can trick him into it by not taking birth control or putting holes in condoms.
Perhaps you should introduce him to a novel concept called "dating."

In dating, you keep your pants on until you know everything there is to know about someone, which you learn through a variety of contextual settings and situations over a period of about 8 months to 4 years depending on how much time you spend with that person, and utilizing a unique tactic called "listening" so that you can detect contradictions and know when someone is being deceptive, dishonest or outright lying.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

In dating, you keep your pants on until you know everything there is to know about someone, which you learn through a variety of contextual settings and situations over a period of about 8 months to 4 years depending on how much time you spend with that person, and utilizing a unique tactic called "listening" so that you can detect contradictions and know when someone is being deceptive, dishonest or outright lying.
A parent can do all the "parenting" they want but if 2 kids want to have sex bad enough they are going to have sex. One of the Pastor's daughters at my Church was one of the horniest girls in our age group any of us had ever met. Seriously.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Is that what people call rational thinking and responsibility? The very thought of people doing due diligence has left completely. Now you have sex first and ask questions later. If problems arise just abort the mission.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Is that what people call rational thinking and responsibility? The very thought of people doing due diligence has left completely. Now you have sex first and ask questions later. If problems arise just abort the mission.

Sad but true, you are correct. I pray my kids are smarter and luckier than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies