Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:30 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times

Advertisements

1000-if you want to be taken seriously then act like it! I don't mind having a little fun here and there but calling people names is ridiculous and petty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Never mind---Ive been insulted by better people than that.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:43 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
There is a difference between 10 yrs old and 6 wks old.
What is the one difference that makes killing one different from the other?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:59 AM

146 posts, read 387,690 times
pardon me please, while i SHOUT...

IT'S AMAZING TO ME THAT WE USE CRITERIA LIKE HEARTBEAT AND BRAINWAVES TO DESCRIBE THE END OF LIFE BUT WE DON'T USE THE SAME CRITERIA FOR THE BEGINNING OF LIFE!!!

thank you for indulging me.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:05 AM

OMG!!! Read all former post. I am not sure that I can explain my position to you any better than you can explain yours to me. I don't get what you don't understand and vice versa apparently.
All I can continue to say is there are major differences in a 10 yr old child and a 6 wk old fetus and that is my opinion as well as the opinion of actual doctors and scientist out there.
Again, I go back to brain development, first breath, actual feeling of pain.
Killing a 10 yr old child based on these components is murder. Aborting a 6 wk old fetus is not because many do not determine a fetus that young to be a human being/child.
We can go around and around and I can type the same things over and over but you and I will never see eye to eye on the issue. There is a huge difference and I am not alone in my view of this.
I have tried to get you to open up about how you are part of the solution rather than the problem and you have yet to comment on that portion of this. Instead we have been arguing over different words used here and there that say the same thing over and over.
My view is pro-choice and that is my right. Just like your view is pro-life and that is your right.
I do not consider myself a baby 'killer' or anything of the such because my view of when life begins is different from yours! You and I are arguing over that! This is something that will never be settled between you and I.
I have even stated that my view of when the heartbeat begins (around 9 weeks) changes. A heart pumps blood in order to make life plausible.
So there is a HUGE difference between aborting a 6 wk fetus and murdering a 10 yr old child.
Again, I will refer you to the definition of abortion which can only occur during a pregnancy before a child is born and takes his/her first breath. Abortion can only take place during pregnancy. There is no such thing as aborting a 10 yr old child nor is it possible because that becomes murder and the laws and courts have also determined that!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgirl
Aborting a 6 wk old fetus is not [killing] because many do not determine a fetus that young to be a human being/child.
I understand what you're saying. I'm not arguing with you. I'm just asking what is it that makes the fetus less than human?

The list of differences between a 10yr old human and a 6wk old sub-human sounds to me like you're not really sure yourself because you talk about what others think. I'm asking you, what is the single difference in your opinion that puts one organism in the category of human and another in the category as group of pre-human cells?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I understand what you're saying. I'm not arguing with you. I'm just asking what is it that makes the fetus less than human?

The list of differences between a 10yr old human and a 6wk old sub-human sounds to me like you're not really sure yourself because you talk about what others think. I'm asking you, what is the single difference in your opinion that puts one organism in the category of human and another in the category as group of pre-human cells?
And I am telling you through scientific evidence not religious views, that I base my view of abortion on what has been determined about a fetus during the beginning developmental stages. I base my view on when life begins when the heartbeat starts. I know I have already mentioned that several times, but I will say it again, that my view on abortion changes when a heartbeat begins. Until that time, I do not view a fetus as anything more than tissue. I support the morning after pill for the same reasons. I do not believe that life begins at conception.
I understand that this differs from your view and I get that, but you have to realize that as a woman, who has had children, my support is for other women. I believe that while abortion is not something that I would choose, if I were 14 and raped, I would not want that to be my life because of someone else's actions. If I were 14 and had unprotected sex, again I would not want that to be my life because I made a mistake at 14. And while I would love for all babies to be adopted out and never go through the foster care system, that is not the case. That is not life. So until people start to step up and take action, which I will bring that back around to you again, my position on the issue will stand.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I base my view on when life begins when the heartbeat starts.
Then, in your opinion, killing a 10yr old and killing a fetus 6wks old, whose heart began to beat, is the same?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 AM

I'm not killing anything.
I am pro aborting tissue.
I am pro getting rid of tissue.
Tissue does not have a heart!
A 10 year old does!
A 9 week old fetus does!
Abortion for me personally stops at that point!
Killing and murdering a 10 year old is VERY DIFFERENT!!!!
Not only for the heartbeat factor, but for the pain factor and brain factor.
Your question should be do I think that killing a 6 month old fetus and 6 week fetus are equal since the 6 month old fetus has a brain and heartbeat. The answer would be no!!!
Again, unless you have some scientific knowledge that the heartbeat begins at 6 weeks (which might I add would be new info) then my view does not chage on abortion until a fetus is 9 weeks old!!!
I cannot explain this any clearer!!!
The heart has not developed at 6 weeks. This would be nearly impossible and I won't say impossible because starnger things have happened, but you are taking my view of when life begins, which is at the heartbeat, and comparing that to a 10 year old living, breathing, born child.
You can't do that. I have already said that at 9 weeks (the fetus at 9 weeks) gains a heartbeat and for me that is the beginning of life!
To be honest, if you are going to keep asking the same ?'s over and over I am done!
You have yet to answer my question and continue to pose the same ?'s.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 AM

194 posts, read 361,977 times
Quote:
From conducting my own research on the issue, I can tell you that the heart is does not develop until week 9 so many clinics have started making that their personal cut-off.
You need to research a little more my friend. A baby's heart begins beating at 22 days, well before week 9!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies