Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fetuses do not BREATHE. They may be alive, but so IS MY PLANT.

Yeah I believe in murdering criminals BUT it is costly and sometimes we screw it up. I support a woman's right to not be FORCED by religious fanatics to carry a parasite for 9 months.

Now, once that fetus could live OUTSIDE the womb should it be delivered that moment, that is when she should not have any further right to end it's life.

But until you invent the womb incubator or a womb to womb transplant of a fetus, then you can't tell a woman she has to stay pregnant because of YOUR beliefs.

Your desires are not more important than another AMERICAN's Rights.
You are in the minority.

Comparing a baby to a plant? a parasite?

That's just sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
It doesn't cost much to do the injection. They have their trial and, I say 2 appeals. After that, kill them off.
I cannot stand when people are so for keeping them alive after what these scum have done. If it were swift and certain, it would cost much, much less and be much more of a deterrent.

These inmates (most) live far better in prison than they ever did prior to incarceration.
We don't need them in our society, locked up or not.
Hope you sleep well with the possibility of putting an innocent person to death because that is what would happen if you had it your way. Which in my opinion makes someone just as bad as the scum they think needs to be put to death.

Hope no one ever decides you arent needed in society.

Since 1973, 138 people have been exonerated and freed from death row, including 9 in 2009. Some were only freed because of extraordinary work by individuals outside the criminal justice system.

Sleep well at night. It very well could have been you. I wonder if those 138 INNOCENT people spending years in jail were living better in jail then before? I doubt it.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/inno...-death-penalty

Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Hope you sleep well with the possibility of putting an innocent person to death because that is what would happen if you had it your way. Which in my opinion makes someone just as bad as the scum they think needs to be put to death.

Hope no one ever decides you arent needed in society.

Since 1973, 138 people have been exonerated and freed from death row, including 9 in 2009. Some were only freed because of extraordinary work by individuals outside the criminal justice system.

Sleep well at night. It very well could have been you. I wonder if those 138 INNOCENT people spending years in jail were living better in jail then before? I doubt it.

Innocence and the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center
Most are living FAR better inside than out. Believe me on that one. They now have 3 meals a day, climate control, healthcare, dental care, 3 rented movies per day and cable tv. Not to mention the education they are provided, hs diplomas, college degrees, etc.
I had a skin condition and was always so busy at work that I didn't bother to go get it taken care of. I did make the appointment though, the same day I had to sign a transfer order to send an inmate to a dermatologist for his acne. On our dime. Do you think he would have seen the derm while out drug running and robbing people? That's a big fat no.
I didn't say all live better, but most, a HUGE majority do. I've seen it and know their backgrounds. You don't.

I personally know that ALL of the inmates that were on death row here in NJ deserved to be put to death. I still think they should be and knowing what they did, I would administer the injection myself.

And no, it couldn't be me. I don't live my life like that.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:48 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,466,711 times
The death penalty has killed innocent people. And people that get the death penalty are living humans with rights.

The unborn have no rights. Your constitutional rights don't apply until you're born and get a birth certificate.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
I suppose it used to be more of a phenomena than it is now. I worked in the prisons for a long time.
If it is proven that they are guilty, carry out the sentence, period. In the cases of DNA, hard evidence and proof, confessions, etc., just kill them.

We had a death row and I can tell you that every one of them deserved to die. If you could read what their victims went through, you would surely change your mind.
We repealed the death penalty and now we are taking care of those scum for life and it sickens me. I have read what they did and what their victims went through. I also read the statement of the one girl that got away and it was disgusting, also a statement of a witness for the same murderer. It haunts me and I can't imagine what it does to them.
Do you really think it's your place to kill a living (out of the womb) human being.
Would you do the deed yourself?

Old 01-30-2011, 08:51 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do you really think it's your place to kill a living (out of the womb) human being.
Would you do the deed yourself?
Any of the ones that were on death row in NJ?? Yes, I would

Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Most are living FAR better inside than out. Believe me on that one. They now have 3 meals a day, climate control, healthcare, dental care, 3 rented movies per day and cable tv. Not to mention the education they are provided, hs diplomas, college degrees, etc.
I had a skin condition and was always so busy at work that I didn't bother to go get it taken care of. I did make the appointment though, the same day I had to sign a transfer order to send an inmate to a dermatologist for his acne. On our dime. Do you think he would have seen the derm while out drug running and robbing people? That's a big fat no.
I didn't say all live better, but most, a HUGE majority do. I've seen it and know their backgrounds. You don't.

I personally know that ALL of the inmates that were on death row here in NJ deserved to be put to death. I still think they should be and knowing what they did, I would administer the injection myself.

And no, it couldn't be me. I don't live my life like that.
Yes its so much better. Possible chance of being raped, killed, assaulted, the food is fantastic, the beds are plush. LOL @ 3 rented movies a day

Paying for their medical is only the right thing to do since we are taking their freedom away to seek medical help themselves.

As I said sleep well at night and praying its never you put on death row and innocent. Its happened to others why cant it happen to you

Please dont assume to know what I do and dont know. Seems this uninformed person as you wish to think I am has corrected you on a couple things. I grew up in law enforcement.. Yeah let me tell you they have it so grand.

Yes it could be you. Those innocent people on death row didnt live like that either

Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Any of the ones that were on death row in NJ?? Yes, I would
That post makes you sound no better then the scum you wish to put to death.

You would be taking another persons life. That would make you a killer.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
Killing fetuses is hugely beneficial to society, objectively speaking. You eliminate huge numbers of high-risk people from ever entering the population - people more likely to commit crimes and not be as productive and depend on social welfare.
Exactly. Who's to say babies are innocent? The worst criminals started out as babies. Hitler was a baby at one point.

Anyone that gets an abortion clearly doesn't want a baby. An unwanted baby is likely to have a bad life and end up becoming a criminal.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
As a democrat, I am pro-choice! I believe that every woman has a right to determine what happens to her own body without the government stepping in (something most Republicans should be for since you all like LESS government). I feel that it is a woman's choice and hers to live with. From conducting my own research on the issue, I can tell you that the heart is does not develop until week 9 so many clinics have started making that their personal cut-off. I do not believe, personally in abortion for myself, but then again I know several girls who have been in the situation and for them it was the best option.
I also think that people who are anti-abortion need to step up and become foster parents and adoptive parents. When young girls are forced into having these children that they do not want, many of these children go up for adoption and are never adopted and instead spend their lives in foster home after foster home. That is not a life worth living for many of these kids. So I would like to see more anti-abortion supporters step up to the plate and take on some of these kids!
Yes. Republicans say they don't want the government telling them what to do. But they make an exception when it comes to abortion. Republicans don't mind if the government tells people how to live as long as the Republicans agree.

It's not that Republicans don't want the government telling them what to do. It's that they want the government telling other people to live the way the Republicans want.

And yes, actions speak louder than words. If these fetuses deserve to be born, why don't the Republicans adopt them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies