Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times

Advertisements

This is the ultimate hot topic thread... Why do Democrats support the killing of fetuses (living, breathing human beings) and yet they always raise hell about executing the most bloodthirsty murderers???

Someone please explain this paradox before the crazies come swooping down and hijack this thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 07:44 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,227 times
Babies won't fight it.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Babies won't fight it.
That doesn't explain why Democrats want to kill babies and at the same time stand in defense of the most bloodthirsty murderers...

Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,731 times
Well I am a Catholic, and against abortion and against the death penalty.

I'd say most democrats are for abortion, and for the death penalty.

Most conservatives are against abortion, and for the death penalty.

Most liberals are for abortion, and against the death penalty.

It's like a graphing chart.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 PM

179 posts, read 199,453 times
Killing fetuses is hugely beneficial to society, objectively speaking. You eliminate huge numbers of high-risk people from ever entering the population - people more likely to commit crimes and not be as productive and depend on social welfare.

Killing convicts, on the other hand, is of questionable deterrent value, ends up costing more than just locking them up for life, and costs so much money it would end up outweighing any existing deterrent value.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
It's not a baby when it's 6 weeks old, sorry.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 PM

194 posts, read 361,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
It's not a baby when it's 6 weeks old, sorry.

Then what is it? Looking at a picture of a 6 week old, I see very obvious features of a baby. A little strange looking I'll give you that, but a baby nonetheless. Give it another week and there is absolutely no guessing it's a baby!!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 PM

194 posts, read 361,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post

Then what is it? Looking at a picture of a 6 week old, I see very obvious features of a baby. A little strange looking I'll give you that, but a baby nonetheless. Give it another week and there is absolutely no guessing it's a baby!!
Here's week seven:

These images came from pregnancy.org, not a pro-life website!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:40 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
As a democrat, I am pro-choice! I believe that every woman has a right to determine what happens to her own body without the government stepping in (something most Republicans should be for since you all like LESS government). I feel that it is a woman's choice and hers to live with. From conducting my own research on the issue, I can tell you that the heart is does not develop until week 9 so many clinics have started making that their personal cut-off. I do not believe, personally in abortion for myself, but then again I know several girls who have been in the situation and for them it was the best option.
I also think that people who are anti-abortion need to step up and become foster parents and adoptive parents. When young girls are forced into having these children that they do not want, many of these children go up for adoption and are never adopted and instead spend their lives in foster home after foster home. That is not a life worth living for many of these kids. So I would like to see more anti-abortion supporters step up to the plate and take on some of these kids!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:45 PM

Those are very real, and alive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies