Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 PM

438 posts, read 829,411 times

Advertisements

They passed the "rescue" bill. We have all been screwed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,404,838 times
I know. Watching them talk about how wonderful it was and how good for me it was seemed an awful lot like watching the rapists high-fiving each other in that gang-rape movie Jodie Foster starred in.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,116,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I know. Watching them talk about how wonderful it was and how good for me it was seemed an awful lot like watching the rapists high-fiving each other in that gang-rape movie Jodie Foster starred in.
Nov 4th, I plan to watch I Spit On Your Grave. They're gonna get clobbered in the election. Democrats to Republicans - 9:16 ration voting no. There might actually be some fiscals left in the party.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:17 PM

425 posts, read 663,668 times
Default This is what "we the people" need to do...

First: Take back our Country!

Then:

Do away with campaign funds and fundraisers (this really is where the corrupt rubber meets the road)

Vote out the incumbents (ALL of them)

Start fresh

Adjust the House and Senate payscales to match the military payscales,

for example:

Freshman Congressman = Private First Class

Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,700,490 times
I've e-mailed my two senators in disgust. And I'm trying to get to my Representative, but his server is so bogged down I'm getting timeouts. Apparently I'm not the only pis sed off person.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,088,999 times
My Senator, Russ Feingold, voted NO. Once again Russ stood up for the citizens when very few had the courage to do so. I am so sad that they passed the bill but I am SO very proud of Russ Feingold.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:24 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,056,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIGuy View Post
They passed the "rescue" bill. We have all been screwed!
Amazing, If I assume correctly that most of those who are moaning and groaning of a conservative bent then what was your alternative?

As a left Democrat who would have preferred the Swedish solution to the present crisis but knew that wasn't a chance in hell that you free marketers would have woken up in time to smell the coffee and stave off the next Great Depression, this was a pretty good deal.

To paraphrase Jack Nichleson, I would prefer that you said thank you and be on your way.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:27 PM

564 posts, read 890,521 times
The ___ Bankers are eating their guts out, and the wall streeters who make money out of thin air are popping corks right now. "We made our money then, and now we'll make it again using their money! we're halfway there, we'll be lining our pockets from thin air again in no time! Boys drink up!"

Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,525,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
My Senator, Russ Feingold, voted NO. Once again Russ stood up for the citizens when very few had the courage to do so. I am so sad that they passed the bill but I am SO very proud of Russ Feingold.
Ok, call me dumb, but what was the new bill & what did he vote no for? I know, I know...

Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,088,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Amazing, If I assume correctly that most of those who are moaning and groaning of a conservative bent then what was your alternative?

As a left Democrat who would have preferred the Swedish solution to the present crisis but knew that wasn't a chance in hell that you free marketers would have woken up in time to smell the coffee and stave off the next Great Depression, this was a pretty good deal.

To paraphrase Jack Nichleson, I would prefer that you said thank you and be on your way.

I am certainly not a conservative. I am a liberal who is tired of the fat cats draining our economy of every dime that could be better spent on health care, education, bridges and roads, the development of alternative fuels, etc. etc. Had they been serious about fixing the economy they could have done it from the bottom up, making sure that people can keep and pay for their homes. Instead, once again, the lobbiest win and the top tier, those who plunged us into this crisis, are given all the marbles and with very, very little put in place to prevent them from just repeating the shafting of us that they have done for the past 8 years. The same people who lied us into the Iraq war and indebted us to China so that Haliburton can prosper have now made certain that our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren will be paying for their corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies