Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:49 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,074,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they are playing games no doubt about it. another game, the war. stop it now.
10 trillion in debt.
obama 08
Obama did nothing to fix this but campaign to be President. He is all talk but no action.

"Someone else stepped up to try to fix this before it became the crisis it is today. It happened in 2005 with the “Housing Enterprise Regulatory Act” submitted by four Republicans, Charles Hagel, Elizabeth Dole, John Sununu and none other than John McCain. That’s right JOHN MCCAIN. But, guess what? The Democrats blocked it. It came up again in 2007, and again the Democrats blocked it. "

IMPORTANT READING ---

https://www.authorsden.com/visit/vie...AuthorID=74795

Old 10-02-2008, 12:56 AM

214 posts, read 287,920 times
This type of debt, expands, as more money is borrowed into the system. Exponentials will out weigh
elections. Good luck with the vote!

Ref: Steve Keen - The merciless exponential debt explosion
Google Video-
explains the dangerous problems of debt expansion...

Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Voting won't do you any good, it's time for a peoples revolt.
do you mean peoples court?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,181,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
I AM VERY MUCH AGAINST IT. Look at my previous posts from days ago. But I just realized that if all the banks start closing down, there will be ultimate CHAOS and this is the only way it can be avoided. There is NO OTHER WAY!!!!
so you're saying that if companies need money and are willing to pay top dollar for it to stay in business, that there are no other banks in the US or anywhere else in the world for that matter that are willing to fulfill this demand for commercial paper. i don't believe it. i've heard the government has been taking in a lot of cash lately, maybe they should take over as a money market fund (i'm talking about lending to the little guys here, not the goldmans and the like). lets cut out the middle man. giving this money back to the companies who are a big reason for this mess in the first place seems like an awful idea to me. and even if its not the government who steps in, if there is money to be made, there is someone out there who is willing to make it. the market can and will correct itself. it will be painful, but the unsustainable gravy train of the previous 5 or so years was also a hell of a ride.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:49 PM

214 posts, read 287,920 times
These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people’s money to settle the quarrel.”
– Abraham Lincoln, speech to Illinois legislature, January 1837

Old 10-02-2008, 02:29 PM

5,293 posts, read 5,232,826 times
I'll be voting against my congressman and my senator for voting for this.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:38 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,226,990 times
I 'unsubscribed' from my Senators mailing lists today, both Republicans. Sent another email to my Congressman, also Republican telling him to vote No and that I would 'see him on the ballot'. The rest is up to him.

I'm amazed listening to this stuff on the news, Congressmen saying 'this is the worst crisis I've seen in my career' but of course, never admitting to what they've been doing during that 'career'. Obviously, not much.

From XLIGuy's thread > An Interesting Read About The Bail-Out...
Quote:
“These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people’s money to settle the quarrel.”
– Abraham Lincoln, speech to Illinois legislature, January 1837

Last edited by WillysB; 10-02-2008 at 03:15 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM

438 posts, read 831,422 times
Both McCain and Obama voted for this bill. I am sure the sheeple will overlook this fact and vote for these crooks anyhow. The sheeple are too blinded by their partisan politics to do anything about our government these days. Good luck!

Last edited by XLIGuy; 10-02-2008 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,337,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Right now it is being lead by the democratioc congress supported by 40% of republican congressman. It been out of Paulsens hands since congresss deiced to add about 400 p[ages and mopney for alot more peole than just the banks.The pork is getting thick to buy votes for it. If the Democrats leadership did want this then it would never come up for a vote.

I agree . In Florida the Dem senator voted NO which I found interesting and the Rep Martinez voted Yes .

Some say the added money for rum co in Puerto Rico where some here have money invested got his vote.

I had expected both to vote yes but was surprised .

Old 10-02-2008, 02:48 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,337,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
If voting would change anything, it would be illegal

lol perhaps but sadly it has become "lesser" of evils type voting .

In the end the same special interest win and the same tax paying law abiding citizens lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.