U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:38 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,142,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A Muslim cleric has called for Saudi women to wear a full veil, or nigab, that reveals only one eye, in order to control seduction, the BBC reported Friday.
Sheikh Muhammad al-Habadan said that women in Saudi Arabia are encouraged to use eye makeup and look seductive when allowed to wear a veil that exposes both eyes.
How much of their face Muslim women expose differs from country to country, and is an area of contention. The nigab is more common in Saudi Arabia, but in many Muslim societies women wear a headscarf that covers only their hair.
Any one up for Sharia Law! These Islamic clerics are as nutty as a fruit cake! Next up, total body burques and a man to lead them around like a dog on a leash! Opps..., my mistake, Muslim/Islamic women are already being lead around like a dog! Where the hell is NOW and the other feminist organizations to defend their Muslim/Islamic sisters? Apparently, no where to be found and hiding in their "male free" offices! What a bunch of s***heads!

FOXNews.com - Saudi Cleric Says Women Must Wear One-Eye Veil to Prevent 'Seduction' - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,592,715 times
Makes you wonder why their men are so horny they can't seem to control themselves unless all the women they see are covered up from head to toe with a black blanket. Doesn't say too much for their devotion to the principles of their religion....does it? GEEZ............

Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,826,401 times
But who are we to judge, all cultures are equal no matter what they do, ...I'm sure you've heard the argument before.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 26 days ago)

58,169 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
But who are we to judge, all cultures are equal no matter what they do, ...I'm sure you've heard the argument before.

Of course they're equal! Don't you see in the way we rush off to bring democracy to all?

Oh, wait, only to the land of W's personal bete noire while kissing Saudi butt.

Never mind

Old 10-05-2008, 08:05 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,221,895 times
They're not allowed to drive anyway, so it doesn't matter if they have any depth perception.

Believe me, those women can look increditly sexy with nothing showing but their eyes. I've gotten some looks from some real hotties in Libya, but of course, I was a lot younger then. Basicly, most Arab women are not very attractive, and would probably arouse men a lot less if they could show their whole face. To me, just showing their eyes had the opposite of the cleric's desired effect.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:47 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,592,715 times
I saw a documentary about this on television, and the Saudi women do wear really sharp western style clothing within their own homes and with their friends. It is only in public they are asked for the big cover up.

Personally, there are times I wish I could put on one of those things for early morning grocery shopping.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 26 days ago)

58,169 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Personally, there are times I wish I could put on one of those things for early morning grocery shopping.
Florida has a dress code?

Old 10-05-2008, 08:53 AM

4,126 posts, read 4,462,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
To me, just showing their eyes had the opposite of the cleric's desired effect.

I'd bet if they were dressed like Americans and showing off their whole face and exposing their saggy muffin tops, you wouldn't find them nearly as alluring.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:39 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,221,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Florida has a dress code?
Everyplace has a dress code. Not always enforced by law or ordinance, but generally enfored by society.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:17 PM

34,672 posts, read 33,671,635 times
How about an eyepatch, like a pirate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies