Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]"I hate McCain but I’m not voting for Obama , that’s for sure. That man just scares me, I don’t know what it is he just scares me! "[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]This was a comment that a friend of mine said to me one day. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Anyone else share her view and what does this mean? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]How can someone scare you've never had the opportunity to meet or come across or walk next to, strike such fear in your heart?[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 04:52 PM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Umm-I don't see skin color. I see someone who is scared of a man's views-that's what I get.

For s***s and giggles they all scare me, Ron Paul is desperately needed to restructure our economy and monetary system (get rid of the unconstitutional federal reserve), and of course the sheeple want to be led off the cliff with McSame or Obamination-go figure

Or even worse as someone said on another thread-Complete global monetary meltdown-with the complete collapse of the U.S. Dollar. Causing panic and thus civil unrest-and bush suspending elections and declaring Martial Law-remaining president and wrecking our constitution under his little "Patriot Act"------_____Now that scares the hell out of me

Old 10-06-2008, 04:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Egads. Give it a rest. I know so many people who were hoping Colin Powell would run. Everything isn't about skin color. You need to face the fact that some people don't agree with too many of his issues at all.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times
Honestly,

if this were simply a "lesser of two evils" issue, I would understand cuz politicians in general are "suspicious", but this isn't the case. This same friend "has no patience" (her words not mine) with middle eastern people and hispanics (but she likes dark men....go figure).

Remember she said "I don't know what it is but he scares me". Now seeing as she didn't mention not caring for what he stands for, and she's never met the man, I have to assume it's something about what she sees that she doesn't like.

What does she see?

She's never met Mccain either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Egads. Give it a rest. I know so many people who were hoping Colin Powell would run. Everything isn't about skin color. You need to face the fact that some people don't agree with too many of his issues at all.

Last edited by Bjones1976; 10-06-2008 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: cuz

Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Well, I could tell you of just as many people of color who judge all Whites so we could go all day and night with this. I'm so sick of it--on all sides. I don't even notice people's skin color until I hear them say something about it themselves.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Default Keep Calm During Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Umm-I don't see skin color. I see someone who is scared of a man's views-that's what I get.

For s***s and giggles they all scare me, Ron Paul is desperately needed to restructure our economy and monetary system (get rid of the unconstitutional federal reserve), and of course the sheeple want to be led off the cliff with McSame or Obamination-go figure
I think that if what happens as written below, we as Americans need to keep our heads cool, and not over-react. I too have heard this scenario, and that scares me somewhat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Or even worse as someone said on another thread-Complete global monetary meltdown-with the complete collapse of the U.S. Dollar. Causing panic and thus civil unrest-and bush suspending elections and declaring Martial Law-remaining president and wrecking our constitution under his little "Patriot Act"------_____Now that scares the hell out of me

Old 10-06-2008, 05:42 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
[SIZE=3]"I hate McCain but I’m not voting for Obama , that’s for sure. That man just scares me, I don’t know what it is he just scares me! "[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]This was a comment that a friend of mine said to me one day. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Anyone else share her view and what does this mean? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]How can someone scare you've never had the opportunity to meet or come across or walk next to, strike such fear in your heart?[/SIZE]

Here's a thought --- why don't you ask your friend. Unless she is completely hypothetical, in which case you don't actually know anyone who has said this and are just making a sweeping generalization about whites (the only way the wouldn't vote for obama is if they were racist).

The people I know that are not voting for obama are not doing so because they are dyed in the wool republicans. Give these people colin powell and they would be dancing in the street with joy. But not for a democrat, regardless of his ethnic background.

Are there racists who cannot vote for a black man? Yes, and I imagine they are about as rare as people who will never vote for a woman.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:56 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I know some people who think Obama is a muslim....and think all Muslims are terrorists.

In any case, don't assume your friend is scared because he's black, I would like to think it's deeper than that but there are those out there who refuse to vote for Obama because he's black.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:15 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
I want Alan Keyes to be president.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
I would ask your friend "WHAT scares you about Obama?", "he just does" does not sound very informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies