Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:48 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
20 years from now you might be worshiping Bush as the greatest president who ever lived, for protecting your economic security and freedom.
You hang on to that dream just like yahoo Republicans believe the world is 5000 years old aren't you embarrassed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 01:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The Office of the Presidency is bigger than the man. Nixon expressed remorse & later in life became more involved in the nation. Bush has the capacity to offer an apology & address his regrets. I truly believe he will be better received by the American public than to just slip away.

It must be very awkward for President Bush but I believe it is time for him to honestly speak to the nation.

Most statements by his friends and associates say he honestly thinks he's done the right things and never second guesses his actions.

I believe that's what he'd say if he did honestly address the nation.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You hang on to that dream just like yahoo Republicans believe the world is 5000 years old aren't you embarrassed
Oooh no.. the bs warning bells are going off again, quick.. under your desk!!

Twice in one thread you've twisted and lied about Republicans. Dont worry, two lies per thread is far from a record for Democrats

Old 10-11-2008, 03:30 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Are the American people deserving of a national apology from George Bush before he leaves office? Would this not be the right and honorable thing for Bush to do before he leaves office? For the past 8 years, Bush used the American airwaves and television to wage war and promote violence. Is it possible that Bush would humble himself, come before the American people and sincerely apologize for the harm and destruction he has done to the American people and economy? Afterall, the President is ULTIMATELY responsible for the welfare of the nation and its people. Is there any chance that Bush will apologize to the American people, or will he simply pack his bags and leave the White House, without acknowledging his failures and forgiveness to the American People.
I seriously doubt that ol' "Great job Brownie" (you know the one..."Mission Accomplished") is capable of giving a sincere apology. He has been labeled one of the worst presidents in American history. But that doesn't mean he's sorry for what he's done. On the contrary, I think he's quite proud of the job he's done. He succeeded in doing what many of us figured he would do.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Gotta love the "worst presidents in history" Funny last I looked he was still in office.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:43 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Gotta love the "worst presidents in history" Funny last I looked he was still in office.
Last I heard, he's on his eighth year too. I guess that gives him quite the history.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
Last I heard, he's on his eighth year too. I guess that gives him quite the history.
And he hasnt even been impeached yet.. Isnt that one of the promises the Democrats made to take over Congress?

Old 10-11-2008, 03:59 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,268 times
Bush, an apology? Never happen.

Look how far this man has gone and continues to avoid admitting that he was wrong.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Bush, an apology? Never happen.

Look how far this man has gone and continues to avoid admitting that he was wrong.
Funny, he's been trying to reform Mae/Mac for 5+ years. I guess he really isnt all that wrong is he?

Old 10-11-2008, 04:17 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Bush the brutal Dictator needs to be hung from the same rope that Saddam Hussien was hung from. Both Dictators have commited the same exact crimes against humanity. Both Dictators have murdered more humans then the last 3 wars legal combined.

Bush is indeed a Dictator. He told the world on 2/8/04 that he is "The Decider" the Dictator. He has succeeded in shredding our constitution into ribbons since.

Bush should be publicly executed on world wide TV with advertising proceeds used to attempt to put this country back together and tell the entire world we are sorry for what he has done.

Next time a man loses the public election but the Supreme Court does not like the outcome so appoints one of their choosing, then Im not quite sure we can survive it as a nation.

Good riddance to this useless waste of human flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies