Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Since you obviously have no comprehension of what a "Bible Belt Fanatic" or "Neo-Conservative" is, your arguement here is laughable

What an odd statement? Where is that he doesn't understand what a Bible belt fanatic is? Or what a Neo Con is? Could you post his quote that you take issue with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
I've always been disgusted with the republican scare tactics, and pandering to religious base... I think its underhanded and disgusting.. look at the hate it has spilled out of the mouths of its supporters...
gone are the days when people were just conservative in their principles... now days if you care about fiscal conservation... you have to swallow the whole abortion and jesus horse crap too...
People are seeing it for what it really is... and the republican party is a mess...maybe they can break into two parties..
I'm sorry.. but I cannot vote in line with people who say sarah palin is filled with the "holy spirit"
that is some serious koolaid drinking....

Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
In the old days, Northeast Republicans were conservative but pragmatic & did not interject religious beliefs in their positions.
This is what the GOP needs to turn back into. And hell, if that happened, I might register as a Republican. Not now though.

The fundie religious far-right kooks need to go back onto the fringe where they belong.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Fair enough. Explain to me without using Google what a Neo-Conservative is?

I seriously doubt that Bush/Cheney are Neo-Conservative. Damn close, but no cigar.
Oh I get it. You know that some of the original Neo Cons were Democrats???

LOL. Is this your angle??? Well yes, but they left after the Dems couldnt give them the bloodthirsty wars they desired.

I could go on? How about the fact that most are members of pro-Likudnik right wing think tanks????

Is this it? Maybe you have an anti-Semite card in your pocket you' were planning on pulling out?

And who said Bush/Cheney are NeoCons??? Bush is as dumb as a doorknob. An incurious sot who let's others think for him.

Last edited by padcrasher; 10-16-2008 at 09:46 PM..

Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Since you obviously have no comprehension of what a "Bible Belt Fanatic" or "Neo-Conservative" is, your arguement here is laughable

What an odd statement? Where is that he doesn't understand what a Bible belt fanatic is? Or what a Neo Con is? Could you post his quote that you take issue with?
If he really knew what either meant, he wouldn't have posted that statement. If you knew what a "Fanatic" or "Neo-Conservative" really meant, you would realize neither represents the Republicans.

And for the record, myself and happ have a long "history" of tearing up each others posts and picking them apart. He might not know it, as he rarely responds, but I still do this. Check his posting history if you don't believe me.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
If he really knew what either meant, he wouldn't have posted that statement. If you knew what a "Fanatic" or "Neo-Conservative" really meant, you would realize neither represents the Republicans.

And for the record, myself and happ have a long "history" of tearing up each others posts and picking them apart. He might not know it, as he rarely responds, but I still do this. Check his posting history if you don't believe me.
Just forget it.

The "precise language" argument.....boring!.......zitty 9th graders in Debate club grow old of this tired line.

It's called a figure of speech, Gramps.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Fair enough. Explain to me without using Google what a Neo-Conservative is?
Big gubmint pretend conservatives. Next?

Quote:
I seriously doubt that Bush/Cheney are Neo-Conservative. Damn close, but no cigar.
Comrade Bush is certainly a neo-con-munist. The massive bailout proves it.

Do I play the part of capitalist pig in your bolshevist utopia?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:

Thanks for the flattery

Your sense of history is appreciated but ancient [esp regarding New England]. I am merely following the trends in voting patterns across the nation. This is no put down on Republicans pe say but merely the reality that the GOP is a diminished party in the Northeast\New England [just like the West Coast]. McCain recently moved his campaign out of Michigan & Ohio and Pennsylvania don't look favorable for the GOP in many ways. When was the last time Indiana was even remotely leaning Democratic? A lot is changing & changing for the worse for Republicans.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,428,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Incumbent GOP Shays losing.

SurveyUSA Election Poll #14600

The last of the Mohicans.
Wonderful!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:25 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Some of you guys are the left's version of right-wing fundies. More alike than different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies