Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:49 AM

789 posts, read 1,333,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You have shown no fact little one. Oh well, this is what is wrong with this country. People these days have little to no real education and have been socially graduated.
Did you read my previous post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,970,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
OH sure,, let talk about france and their 51% tax
Did you miss the data? France spend 10% of their GDP on healthcare and covers everyone. They have the top ranked system in the World.

The US spends 15%, does not cover everyone by a long shot, and is ranked #37 next to Cuba and Slovenia and Costa Rica.

France spends less on healthcare per capita than we do.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 AM

33,520 posts, read 37,113,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
And I will say this, I do not believe you. I have friends all over the world because of my business and I know many who come here just for what I said. Your post is only one of the many that show ignorance.
Whatever....So why do I not know any? I would say that you are blowing smoke at the very least.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I'd like to see where those western European systems are in 8 to 10 years when their boomers retire affecting tax revenue while increasing the number of those who are using government services.
They've had univeral healthcare for Decades. They don't have "boomers" cause they don't go off on needless wars....LOL

Old 10-18-2008, 12:53 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,094 times
Most kids are healthy. The percentage of unhealthy kids is small.

Some have medical problems. That usually is already paid for, in part, through my income tax.

To say that my tax money should encompass a very healthy child that likes to skateboard and catch frogs, is ridiculous.

I don't care how Barack wants to sell it, in the end I will pay more taxes. I don't even have kids.

Tell your kids to eat fruit ( through some Barack social program ) and they will be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Universal health care began in Canada in 1946...That kind of blows your argument out of the water.

And their boomers? Was that when the Canadian Hockey team came back from their European tour??? .LOL

789 posts, read 1,333,708 times
Quote:
Universal health care began in Canada in 1946...That kind of blows your argument out of the water.
Also, the post Second-World-War baby boom was pronounced in Denmark, Sweden, the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, France, and Switzerland.

That leaves Germany, Iceland, Finland, Ireland, and Norway on the list from Europe. There's also Japan.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:54 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,009,272 times
Quote:
Whatever....So why do I not know any? I would say that you are blowing smoke at the very least.
I was hoping to see the research that he does much better than anyone on CD due to his superior capitalistic education..

Old 10-18-2008, 12:55 AM

33,520 posts, read 37,113,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
OH sure,, let talk about france and their 51% tax
More BS...The top income tax rate in France is 40%.

New French tax rates and rules for 2008 from FrenchEntrée.com (http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-legal/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=711 - broken link)

Old 10-18-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Most kids are healthy. The percentage of unhealthy kids is small.

Some have medical problems. That usually is already paid for, in part, through my income tax.

To say that my tax money should encompass a very healthy child that likes to skateboard and catch frogs, is ridiculous.

I don't care how Barack wants to sell it, in the end I will pay more taxes. I don't even have kids.

Tell your kids to eat fruit ( through some Barack social program ) they will be just fine.

Hey your entitled to your opinions. That's why we vote. Most Americans want Universal healthcare.

Oct. 20— Americans express broad, and in some cases growing, discontent with the U.S. health care system, based on its costs, structure and direction alike — fueling cautious support for a government-run, taxpayer-funded universal health system modeled on Medicare.

In an extensive ABCNEWS/Washington Post poll, Americans by a 2-1 margin, 62-32 percent, prefer a universal health insurance program over the current employer-based system. That support, however, is conditional: It falls to fewer than four in 10 if it means a limited choice of doctors, or waiting lists for non-emergency treatments.

Support for change is based largely on unease with the current system's costs. Seventy-eight percent are dissatisfied with the cost of the nation's health care system, including 54 percent "very" dissatisfied.

Indeed, most Americans, or 54 percent, are now dissatisfied with the overall quality of health care in the United States — the first majority in three polls since 1993, and up 10 points since 2000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies