Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,973,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Black males rape white women way out of proportion to their numbers....

I wonder what IS behind that?
Instead of asking vague questions how about just coming out with it already? Again, I can respect someone at least a little for saying what they mean and meaning what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
I would think it was racialy motivated....rape is about power I believe.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,973,397 times
Quote:
I would think it was racialy motivated....rape is about power I believe.
So you believe that black men "assert their power" over white women by raping them? Ok, that's a start. Can you explain why black men are not able to restrain themselves from doing so? Remember, be specific and say what's on your mind, not what you think is socially acceptable to the forum.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times
Quote:

Maybe it's a race based reverse form of history repeating itself:

Quote:
Slavery in America: African-American Women and Girls
Quote:

HBC has generally focused on the experiences of boys throughout history. Here we need to distress an especially troubling aspect od American slavery that affected girls and women. Any assessment of slavery in America is incomplete without facing up to this issue. There is no doubt that African American girls and women were routinely raped by slave owners and overseers. In the era where slavery was viewed as a benigh paternalistic institution, this simple fact was largely ignored. Actual historical evidence was not addressed and the very obvious existence of large numbers of light-skined African Americans simply ignored. Modern historians treat the subject more honestly, especially since the relationship between Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings came to light. There were a range of relationships involved. Some slave masters brutally simply raped young African American girls using what ever violence was required. The assaults were obviously most commonly visited on teenage girls and young women. Then there was a range of approaches, including threats to the girl or women, to her family, or threats about punishments, added work, sale, or promises of freedom. Whether violence actually occurred or not, such threats to an individual without civil rights can not be considered anything but rape. Then there were relationships with actual emotional involvement. The Jefferson-Hemmings relationship is one such example. As so few Africa-Americans could read and write, there are few accounts of what slave girls and women experienced. There are, however, some accounts. Perhaps the most reviting is that of Hariet Jacobs. [Jacobs]

slavery in America United States -- women and girls

Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
So you believe that black men "assert their power" over white women by raping them? Ok, that's a start. Can you explain why black men are not able to restrain themselves from doing so? Remember, be specific and say what's on your mind, not what you think is socially acceptable to the forum.
Actually you would be best to research the topic and find what black men have to say about it....oops forgot you don't bother researching topics...

Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,678,662 times
I'm very confused. There is nothing in the article the OP posted suggesting the victim was dragged until his limbs were detached, or that the crime was racially motivated. It might well have been, but without more information it sounds like race-baiting. I googled, and the only articles on the subject from credible sources are the ones that have posted in thread and this latest one from The Paris News (http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=da7fc75428093abc - broken link), none of which suggest the details in the title of the thread. The latest article even says that one of the accused had served time in the manslaughter of another "friend." So where's the racial angle coming from? Where are you getting your information?

Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM

I believe any killing of a black person by white is defacto racist to some people....

Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
It looks like we need to bring this case up again...
AP Finally Reports Christian/Newsome Murders | Sweetness & Light

But it's not a hate crime. Sure

Old 10-21-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It looks like we need to bring this case up again...
AP Finally Reports Christian/Newsome Murders | Sweetness & Light

But it's not a hate crime. Sure
Of course not....

Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:

Of course, the argument for the opposite doesn't even have to be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies