U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 09:24 AM

615 posts, read 2,767,505 times

Advertisements

I was listening to some news radio over the weekend (something I rarely do) and I was a bit surprised by the call in responses to a simple question, so I'll ask it here.

PRIOIR to Obama running for election, what would you consider to be his greatest achievement?

Please stick to the question and I emphasize that this is about what he had done prior to his run for president.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,364,372 times
palin around with terrorist.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Highlands ranch sucks.
Thanks for sticking to the question.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 AM

13,180 posts, read 13,097,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpraceman View Post
I was listening to some news radio over the weekend (something I rarely do) and I was a bit surprised by the call in responses to a simple question, so I'll ask it here.

PRIOIR to Obama running for election, what would you consider to be his greatest achievement?

Please stick to the question and I emphasize that this is about what he had done prior to his run for president.

I guess that would be being a US Senator. Why do we need to stick to prior to running an election??

Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 AM

15,202 posts, read 18,280,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I guess that would be being a US Senator.
Do you think that by itself, that's enough to qualify one to be President?

Quote:
Why do we need to stick to prior to running an election??
Seems pretty obvious to me - if you're going to run for President, it should be based on who you are and what you've done up to the point you make that decision.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I guess that would be being a US Senator. Why do we need to stick to prior to running an election??
Because that was the question posed. On the radio show only one person was able to name something prior to his running for election, which is what surprised me.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:56 AM

No I don't. But it's close. We have his record in Government to go on...but we need a little more.

Now we've had a year to see him. He's debated and ran a campaign against arguably the most powerful politician in the USA, Hillary Clinton and won.

He's led an organziation that has simply run a great campaign. Shattering records in terms of funds raised. Over 600 Million to date.

We've seen him in at least a dozen debates. He won all three against the "Qualified" Senator as measured by objective polls. We know who he consults and who helped him draft his platform.

So his record so far, and what we've seen of him is more than enough.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
No I don't. But it's close. We have his record in Government to go on...but we need a little more.

Now we've had a year to see him. He's debated and ran a campaign against arguably the most powerful politician in the USA, Hillary Clinton and won.

He's led an organziation that has simply run a great campaign. Shattering records in terms of funds raised. Over 600 Million to date.

We've seen him in at least a dozen debates. He won all three against the "Qualified" Senator as measured by objective polls.

So his record so far and what we've seen of him is more than enough.
Still doesn't answer the question that has been posed. People can say lots of things about his run for president, but it is surprising that very few seem to know (or discuss) anything about his acomplishments prior to his running. To me, that is truly surprising.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:00 AM

15,202 posts, read 18,280,442 times
Got that bar set pretty low, eh padcrasher?

So Obama is qualified, based on his being a senator for two years and hiring good campaign managers.

What's your opinion on Sarah Palin? Is she qualified to take over the Presidency, should McCain be elected and become incapacitated?

Remember how low you've set that bar before you answer.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Got that bar set pretty low, eh padcrasher?

So Obama is qualified, based on his being a senator for two years and hiring good campaign managers.

What's your opinion on Sarah Palin? Is she qualified to take over the Presidency, should McCain be elected and become incapacitated?

Remember how low you've set that bar before you answer.
I don't take issue with her being only a Governor of a small State. That's not a deal killer for me.

But putting her stance on the issues aside. (i'm a liberal afterall) She's uninformed, uncurioius, not allowed to give press conferences, says crazy things, trips over her words, believes odd things.

So no way in hell is she qualified to be President.....I've seen her in action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies