Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 AM

874 posts, read 1,848,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
ah Palin's Accomplishments (that I know of)[/url]

Palin has 5 children. If a woman has 5 children, the daily stresses in life make her a survivor. You don't see that on the outside but having that many children plus a career makes a woman very strong and vicious.

Do you have 5 children? Just wondering because otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about. Really. I don't mean to be mean or catty. Since I have 5 children I can firmly say that having any amount of children or none is not indicative of anything whatsoever. Years from now, when I am done raising children, if they are all basically happy and successful and self sustaining I may reflect on my parenting and crow about how well I did. But the only thing I or anyone else can say for sure about my parenting is that I am fertile.

Vicious (as if that is something we want in a president)? I sure as hell hope not. If someone was calling me vicious in relation to the amount of children I have I would hope they would be picking up the phone to get help for my children. Vicious? Because of having 5 children????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:21 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,401,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I do not mind listening to people like Rush, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin. Although I do not agree with many of their views, they can be at least entertaining. Today, I was listening to Glenn Beck and I could not believe this guy, what a moron! He was saying that out of the 4 people that are running for President/VP, Sarah Palin is the ONLY one he was willing to support and stand up for, as if she was the best qualified of the four! I still do not understand how this moron can have a TV and a radio show.
Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews more aptly fit the actual definition of a Moron... Sorry.

Beck, admittedly, is an acquired taste — sort of like Stockhausen compared to Madonna.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:23 AM

493 posts, read 715,012 times
Glenn Beck is a loser. He called himself a white trash and included Palin in the bunch. How is that "supporting" her? He thought it was cute

Old 10-21-2008, 08:38 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,069,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
Do you have 5 children? Just wondering because otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about. Really. I don't mean to be mean or catty. Since I have 5 children I can firmly say that having any amount of children or none is not indicative of anything whatsoever. Years from now, when I am done raising children, if they are all basically happy and successful and self sustaining I may reflect on my parenting and crow about how well I did. But the only thing I or anyone else can say for sure about my parenting is that I am fertile.

Vicious (as if that is something we want in a president)? I sure as hell hope not. If someone was calling me vicious in relation to the amount of children I have I would hope they would be picking up the phone to get help for my children. Vicious? Because of having 5 children????
Vicious meaning in a way that no one will MESS WITH HER or you will get an earful. When you have that many children, you cannot be a meek parent, you have to learn to keep your children under control. And that is VERY hard because all of them want to do something different. In a large family, when they go somewhere, not all of the kids will agree and that's 100% of the time. At least one will complain and that child will PUSH the parent hard to the point that the parent will start to yell and say NO. The parent has to keep them in order. When you go to politics, not everyone in the meeting room will agree. One or more will be a problem, so Palin would have had experience with handling conflict because each day, her big family is full of conflicts and she also has handling conflicting schedules with her children's activities/school. In other words, don't mess with her because she knows what she is doing. But all the children will not be perfect, there will be at least one who is the blacksheep of the family, the one that will give her a lot of problems. But that blacksheep will eventually become an adult and turn around.

Last edited by ShoppingCartLaw; 10-21-2008 at 08:47 AM..

Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,749,616 times
Political commentators make me want to punch things. All of them.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 AM

808 posts, read 1,145,014 times
Normally I really like Glenn Beck a lot, but I totally disagree with him about Palin. I used to watch his show every day but since he's been obsessed with her I have tuned him out. Him liking her has led to me no longer watching his show at all. Not sure I'll ever tune in again, either.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:40 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,578,355 times
America's intellect, in general, is declining. The "pop culture" has permeated everything where sound bites and a game show mentality prevail. What's happened to serious thought, analysis of issues?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,568,308 times
We should all just listen to Michael Savage

Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,031,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, good. Now you know the feeling I had when I flipped to CNN briefly and saw that they had located the ancestors of the McCain family slaves and interviewed them, calling them "the Black McCains!" WTH????!!!!!
LMAO.....I didn't see it,but if it happened (not doubting you,it's just the first I've heard of it)seems like CNN had a FAUX moment.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,441,829 times
Glenn Beck is a radio entertainer who talks about politics and who is now working on TV. (Look at his bio on Wikipedia.org or elsewhere.) He has no particular expertise in politics in his educational background. He has been making $10M per year working for CNN.

Conservatives listen to a guy like Beck because he makes them feel good. It is equivalent to a liberal listening to Barbra Streisand to gain information about politics. There is nothing to be learned from these people (entertainers) but only rather to be AMUSED (literally means to suppress thinking) by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies