Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:22 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Actually Iraq is settling down..Even Obama states Iraq is improving...is he lying?

Like the firefighter who ignites a fire and expects recognition as a hero for extinguishing it, settling down violence that is our own creation is hardly praiseworthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And many will be sent off to Afghanistan, where conditions are getting worse, after e were told years ago that the Taliban had ceased to exist.
They had at that time....however having a safe haven(still) in the border regions of Pakistan allowed them to reform.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Like the firefighter who ignites a fire and expects recognition as a hero for extinguishing it, settling down violence that is our own creation is hardly praiseworthy.
Who is asking for praise?

Simply pointing out the truth.

Or is Obama lying about Iraq improving?

Old 10-24-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
They had at that time....however having a safe haven(still) in the border regions of Pakistan allowed them to reform.

Safe haven for who/what? We were told they had CEASED TO EXIST.

Just another example of the baseless lies the current misleadership has been responsible for.

Last edited by burdell; 10-24-2008 at 10:52 AM..

Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM

LOL.....if a pest control company sprayed for roaches and they ceased to exist in your home but then moved in from your neighbors you would somehow think you were lied to????

The Taliban is a political/religious(intertwined in Islam) group....

Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Who is asking for praise?

Simply pointing out the truth.

Or is Obama lying about Iraq improving?
No, I think Bush is lying about Iraq improving, at least as far as it applies to Iraq being a threat to the US. And many interviews with Iraqis haven't been postive about US actions either.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Obama stated Iraq was improving....is he lying?

Simple enough question.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:42 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Can you support this assertion?
mideast admires strong men. the west does not grasp this at all. our hard right grasps it but keeps sending john wayne to do the job but insist on richard simmons behavior. i am no stranger to the mideastern community. the assertion that by taking out sadaam we made a mess is not a wild accusation. i love my country (america), but we dont have a clue about the mideast, not a clue. al bundy behavior all the way.
why is it every time there is a post that the hard right wants "proof" but when its provided they ignore it. people hear and see just what they want.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mideast admires strong men. the west does not grasp this at all. our hard right grasps it but keeps sending john wayne to do the job but insist on richard simmons behavior. i am no stranger to the mideastern community. the assertion that by taking out sadaam we made a mess is not a wild accusation. i love my country (america), but we dont have a clue about the mideast, not a clue. al bundy behavior all the way.
why is it every time there is a post that the hard right wants "proof" but when its provided they ignore it. people hear and see just what they want.
I agree,due to our not wanting to offend we messed up in Iraq.

It was funny how right after the invasion and total defeat of the Iraqi military,other middle eastern nations were scared to death of us...THEN we started in with the be careful not to injure anyone or offend their sensibilities...

That is sadly the new way of fighting wars.

Wars worked much better when you totally destroyed the will of your enemy to resist.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
LOL.....if a pest control company sprayed for roaches and they ceased to exist in your home but then moved in from your neighbors you would somehow think you were lied to????

The Taliban is a political/religious(intertwined in Islam) group....

Nice spin attempt but no cigar,

We weren't told they'd ceased to exist in Afghanistan, we were told they'd ceased to exist. So yes, I think I was.........no, wait, I KNOW I was lied to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies