Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times

Advertisements

What part of my statement was incorrect?

Democrats AND Obama supported the bailout....I am sure you are incensed with this and will not support such betrayal by voting for Obama....

Or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,428,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeppel View Post
Well, maybe the homeless guy should have been killed when he was an infant, since you advocated infanticide in one of your other posts. It's incredible to claim the moral high-ground with regard to homeless people, but then advocate infanticide. Incredible.
Learn to read. Reading is fundamental.

Infanticide has been a recognized practice in many cultures and societies, but not in this one.
-- Saganista

Simple statement of fact. There is no advocacy of anything.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Democrats AND Obama supported the bailout....I am sure you are incensed with this and will not support such betrayal by voting for Obama....
Well, Republicans and McCain supported the bailout also. No one on either side of the aisle was exactly happy about having to vote for that, but it had become necessary to do so, as the fallout from eight years of disastrous Republican economic policies was threatening to bring the global economy to a halt.

I'm sure you are incensed with this and will not act to reward past Republican disasters or support further Republican disasters. Republicans are plainly guilty of patterns of Poor Decisionmaking®. There must be Accountability®. It is therefore everyone's Personal Responsibility® to help vote these villains out of office and prevent other Republicans from taking over. I've been told that if you reward something, you will only get MORE of it. We don't need MORE Republican disasters...

Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, Republicans and McCain supported the bailout also. No one on either side of the aisle was exactly happy about having to vote for that, but it had become necessary to do so, as the fallout from eight years of disastrous Republican economic policies was threatening to bring the global economy to a halt.
The bailout is doing wonders I see....so BOTH candidates upposrted a $800+ BILLION plan that has so far done nothing to help....

Also didn't the Dems control CONgress for the last few years,why did they do nothing to avert this?

LOL...those poor Dems,always being tricked by the evil Repubs.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,451,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Don't you know? Everyone will be getting money --- no one will be paying it out except for those mysterious 'rich folks' that noone has ever seen
You mean the ones who get multibillion dollar war contracts? Yeah, you wouldn't want them to have to have to live with 10 billion instead of twenty now would you. You've never seen 'em? here's one right here:

Old 10-28-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The bailout is doing wonders I see....so BOTH candidates upposrted a $800+ BILLION plan that has so far done nothing to help....Also didn't the Dems control CONgress for the last few years,why did they do nothing to avert this? LOL...those poor Dems,always being tricked by the evil Repubs.
You know the answer to both questions but pretend for partisan purposes that you don't. Not much to be taken seriously here...

Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 PM

No answer I guess huh???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies