Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:26 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times

Advertisements

Another lie by a republican. No surpise from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,407 times
I hope the woman's story isn't made up but the pictures released don't
look like she was cut in the face. It looks very red.
She has what appears to be a black eye but I don't see any swelling around the eye.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2008/10/1023_female_bruised.jpg (broken link)

Police: 'Inconsistencies' In Story Of Politically Motivated Attack - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

Old 10-24-2008, 07:36 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
So she beat herself up. Sounds like the movie Liar Liar. LOL.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 AM

365 posts, read 1,252,812 times
I just posted this on another thread, but an investigator was just on NBC news and said the victim has given several accounts of what happened and that they are still investigating the "possible inconsistencies" in her polygraph.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:44 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
ATM's, (most of them) have cameras. The story I read, said they cannot substantiate her claim. There was no mention of the attacker supposedly seeing her bumper sticker in the initial police report, that was added later. It seems (if it is indeed a false claim) that she may be looking for attention and needs help.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
mikepeterson wrote;
Quote:
it could have just as easily been that he was kneeling down on the ground above her head. It would be right side up to him as he does it.
Odd, that's what the bubble heaed blonde on Fox News said this morning. About 10 seconds after she had read the teleprompter saying "the assailant then knelt on her chest and carved..."

Dyslexia sounded more probable. But keep trying.

If Al Sharpton leaps to her defense then we'll know it's a set up job. OTOH will the right wing yakkers beat this drum for the next 10 years like they did the Tawana Brawley story?

golfgod

Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,978,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
I hope the woman's story isn't made up but the pictures released don't
look like she was cut in the face. It looks very red.
She has what appears to be a black eye but I don't see any swelling around the eye.

Police: 'Inconsistencies' In Story Of Politically Motivated Attack - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh
That's not a black eye, that's eye makeup.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
I've been looking for a thread that talks about the latest report which says she changed her story.
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?articleid=1127599&srvc=2008campnews&positi on=2 (broken link)

[URL]http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iidrMKZwVNDDlEtkssY6t1xxhg9QD940VEM01[/URL]

After the bank could not confirm her story and she was asked to take a polygraph, Ashley changed her story and said he grabbed her from behind and knocked her unconscious. So how could she give the police such an accurate description? She even knew his shoes were black.

I knew from the moment I heard this story it was a hoax. This woman is very sick and obviously is begging for attention. Maybe she's a desperate McCain/Palin supporter or a bigot who can't handle the thought of a Black man in the White House.

What bothers me the most is that I've received some very disturbing emails from people I've known, or thought I've known, for years. They don't even realize how bigoted they are with words like "I knew you'd support Obama. You even eat with Black people." (I'm paraphrasing)

Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
After reading several articles about this woman's supposedly attack and then finally seeing the "B" supposedly carved into her face by a knife, it really rings untrue. There is just something about the whole story that seems a bit off. The "B" is backwards for one thing, indicating it was self done. Then on top of that, it sure isn't very deep and it really doesn't look like something done with a knife, especially by some would be robber who would normally be in a hurry to get away. Even many of the Republican pundits are questioning this woman and questioning if this attack ever really took place.

Michelle Malkin

Why that McCain volunteer’s “mutilation” story smells awfully weird; Update: Police to administer polygraph; conflicting evidence at scene

Scroll down for updates…”Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said”…and more below on following her MySpace, Twitter, and Facebook trails…

Throughout my career, I’ve covered dozens of fake hate crimescampus hate crime hoaxes, Muslim hate crime hoaxes, fake noose hangings, etc., etc., etc. Most were perpetrated by liberals, but there have been some shameful ones on our side of the aisle as well.

I’ve reported on the great lengths that warped attention-seekers have gone to in perpetrating fake hate crimes, including beating themselves up, carving swastikas on their dorm room doors and walls, locking themselves in bathroom stalls, and burning down their own houses.

Which is why I’m not jumping up and down with outrage over Drudge-promoted story of a McCain volunteer claiming to have been attacked by a black man whom she accused of carving a “B” in her face after spotting her McCain bumper sticker.

She refused medical treatment after reporting the incident to police. Why on earth would she do that?
This is Michelle Malkin? Wow, good for her. Im impressed.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
If she's lying, lets make a big deal about the story, if not lets ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies