Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2008, 01:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockets2001 View Post
You're all missing the point, he as well as MCCAIN should release their college transcripts it should be mandatory. This is not an attack on Obama by me, or personal attacks.

The US Military requires both high school and college transcripts (if you have any) when applying to them.

Yet somehow its okay not to release them if you are going to command the entire military?

Makes no sense to me.
It is not in the constitution as a requirement for the presidency/vice presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 01:30 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batrice View Post
because he recieved foreign aid. This proves he was born in Kenya, media covering up!

Do you know ANYONE who has gone to college? If so, ask to look at their transcript. When you look at it, try to find ANYWHERE on it that states how they paid for college. After you do that, come back and apologize to Senator Obama.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
SOP for Pres. canidates. same with med records.
No it isn't.
Where's Bush's records? How about his military records to show his AWOL status?
They never came out.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:54 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
what evidence do you need? It's a FACT that he's yet to release his college records and a FACT that he's the only one yet to release his medical records and all the other 3 have/will completely release theirs. You support Obama but don't seem to know anything about him.
I guess I just don't care what grade he (or any other candidates) received in their Art History class.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 PM

532 posts, read 859,205 times
Quote:
because he recieved foreign aid. This proves he was born in Kenya, media covering up!
Maybe he just got really bad grades, and is embarrassed for people to think he isn't as smart as he wants them think.lol

Old 10-25-2008, 02:05 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:

When I went to college, I received aid/grants/scholarships that originated from 3 countries, 2 which I never was ever in. So it don't prove anything.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
college records for a pres can. are more than just 'transcrips' , they're complete records of everything, financing, grants, scholarships, again , completely normal for a pres. canidate.

you believe he got scholarships to attend college, how do you know that if his records aren't open? what's he hiding? Americans want the truth.
I’m an American and I could care less.
If he made it this far in life, good for him. If he graduated from Harvard, good for him.
McCain was second from the bottom of his graduating class.
Do you now want to harass him for being a poor student?
What’s really going on for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
Are colleges and universities allowed to release financial data? I think that would be a huge violation of privacy regardless of the individual. Transcripts are one thing and are used to determine if an individual completed education at an institution, but financial records are a whole different story.
Wouldn’t a diploma do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The Panama Canal Zone was a jurisdiction of the US at the time and if you the born of US citizens on a military base and one of the parents is enlisted you are a natural born citizen of the US.
He was not born on the military base.
He was born in Panama itself.
It's posted on some thread around here. I'll see if I can find it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockets2001 View Post
The US Military requires both high school and college transcripts (if you have any) when applying to them.

Yet somehow its okay not to release them if you are going to command the entire military?

Makes no sense to me.
I was never required to show my high school diploma, let alone transcript, nor my transcripts for the military. Granted, it was in the 70s; if you’re going to be commissioned, it would be expected, I assume.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:11 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
And was president of the Harvard Law Review. My brother, who is an alumn of Harvard, assures me that they don't hand out that honor for being a "likable guy." You have to be really at the top of your game. Here is a list of others so honored:

Prominent alumni of the Harvard Law Review include Supreme Court Justices Edward Sanford, Felix Frankfurter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Antonin Scalia, Stephen Breyer and Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., Presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama, Secretary of State Dean Acheson, Charles Hamilton Houston, Alger Hiss, Archibald MacLeish, Secretary of Transportation and Brown v. Board of Education attorney William Coleman, Jr., Judge Richard Posner, Chief Judge Henry Friendly, Judge Michael Boudin, U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, former U.S. Solicitor General Paul Clement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Chris Cox, print and broadcast journalist Jeffrey Toobin, former New York governor Eliot Spitzer, Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan, Yale Law School Dean Harold Koh, former Canadian ambassador Allan Gotlieb, former Assistant Attorney General Viet Dinh, former New York State Solicitor General Preeta D. Bansal, University of Texas President William C. Powers, and former Harvard University president Derek Bok.

*GASP* You mean....you have to KNOW something?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:14 PM

838 posts, read 922,375 times
Quote:
Foreign aid from where? Obama won't release his medical records also.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:16 PM

So what?
It's not a requirement by law.
Obama is a constitutional lawyer.
He is breaking no laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies