Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 08:03 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post

Back to you, why are you in America, instead of Iraq?
Ummm.... He's posting from Wyoming. Maybe he's Dick Cheney and he's posting undercover, trying to boost support for his war?

Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Lightbulb yes-

Quote:
Oh baloney, you joined, either because you got drafted, you could not find a job on the outside, or you were a patriot, either way you wound up supporting corrupt foreign policy.

Lets see, America has 700 over seas military bases, over 200 of them have golf courses!! Golf Courses!?!?

We fit all the criteria of an Imperial Power, right down to Imperial Hubris.

If you believe in this war, get there, if you are too old to be in the military, there are lots of contractor jobs. Heck Truck Drivers are making $150,000 a year.

I figure, put this country on a war footing, send all the war supporters over there. They think Bush did the right thing, now it is time for them to do the right thing.
Yes~it is a sad commentary. My brother is a physician at Walter Reed hospital and some of the stories of PTSD and other tragedies these young people have endured- it's very upsetting.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:54 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Yes~it is a sad commentary. My brother is a physician at Walter Reed hospital and some of the stories of PTSD and other tragedies these young people have endured- it's very upsetting.
It would be interesting to compile a list of members of Congress who voted for the war originally...who're still for it...and whether they have children of age to fight, and...are they?

Time was, if your parents were rich and powerful, you'd better go. All 4 of FDR's sons were in the Navy during WWII.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:19 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
Brings me back to the chief supporters of this war, never served their country; Bush, Cheney, Wolfie, Hannity Limbaugh etc. Yeah, I know someone will say Bush served,, Texas and Alabama, at least his daddy knew what to do.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:27 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,627 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know someone will say Bush served,, Texas and Alabama, at least his daddy knew what to do.
Yes, he served proudly in 1972 to assist a US Senate campaign when he transferred to the Alabama National Guard. I’m sure if there was any conflict going on that the US was involved with, he would have immediately went to “support the troops” so they can “stay the course”.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:33 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
You know, as many of you can tell, I've gotten so sick over the years of watching the GOP posture, sloganeer, and propagandize how much they support the troops and demonize liberals who supposedly want to see them fail. Get a load of this article in tomorrow's Washington Post and tell me how much the GOP REALLY cares about them...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021701172.html

Soldiers Face Neglect, Frustration At Army's Top Medical Facility

By Dana Priest and Anne Hull
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, February 18, 2007; Page A01

Behind the door of Army Spec. Jeremy Duncan's room, part of the wall is torn and hangs in the air, weighted down with black mold. When the wounded combat engineer stands in his shower and looks up, he can see the bathtub on the floor above through a rotted hole. The entire building, constructed between the world wars, often smells like greasy carry-out. Signs of neglect are everywhere: mouse droppings, belly-up cockroaches, stained carpets, cheap mattresses.

This is the world of Building 18, not the kind of place where Duncan expected to recover when he was evacuated to Walter Reed Army Medical Center from Iraq last February with a broken neck and a shredded left ear, nearly dead from blood loss. But the old lodge, just outside the gates of the hospital and five miles up the road from the White House, has housed hundreds of maimed soldiers recuperating from injuries suffered in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...
building an argument againts the GOP with the washington post? hey did you here what Rush said about the democrats? just doesnt hunt does it?

Old 02-20-2007, 08:14 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeagley View Post
building an argument againts the GOP with the washington post? hey did you here what Rush said about the democrats? just doesnt hunt does it?
Are you kidding? The Washington Post has turned into yet another Bush water-carrying enterprise right along with the New York Times. I'm astonished that they had the gumption to run this piece.

Throw out all the weak one-liners you want, May. Your party is a bunch of anti-American crooks, phonies, and war criminals and you and all your other30%ers can either join us reality-based folk or watch the spectacular flame-out of the Republican party. Your pick.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Are you kidding? The Washington Post has turned into yet another Bush water-carrying enterprise right along with the New York Times. I'm astonished that they had the gumption to run this piece.

Throw out all the weak one-liners you want, May. Your party is a bunch of anti-American crooks, phonies, and war criminals and you and all your other30%ers can either join us reality-based folk or watch the spectacular flame-out of the Republican party. Your pick.
Ouch that stings!, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess the 9/11 twin towers was an inside job right? Bush ,Cheney.Rumsfeld & all the other right wing war criminals,financed by Haliburton. hows that Micheal Moore vid collection holding up! Now thats reality based! Ill be watching the flame out standing on the other side.

Last edited by silas777; 02-20-2007 at 10:05 PM..

Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Please....

Veterans of any war can tell you they are forgotten rather quickly...

Where are the Republicans on this? Why are they wasting money on magnetic ribbons to stick to their cars? Why don't they campaign to improve facities? Even better -- why don't they raise money to improve things?
I agree with you 100%, we need to drastically increase our military spending, we need to do a much better job taking care of and supporting not only our current soldiers but also our veterans, for life! we need to cut way back on the butter and dedicate it to the guns. I dont believe that we should use the military as a social program but i do believe it should be this countrys #1 priority by far.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 AM

753 posts, read 758,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeagley View Post
I agree with you 100%, we need to drastically increase our military spending, we need to do a much better job taking care of and supporting not only our current soldiers but also our veterans, for life! we need to cut way back on the butter and dedicate it to the guns. I dont believe that we should use the military as a social program but i do believe it should be this countrys #1 priority by far.
And how do we do this? More taxes or more debt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies