Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,534,986 times

Advertisements

As I read along it seems to me that all the criticizing is along political preferences. It looks almost like at the senate chamber the seat are split in half.

I see the same type of debate here as I see between atheists and theists in the religious threads, all it is just a bunch of attacks on each other.

I predict there will no consensus here just as the other thread I mentioned. People have their minds made up on who is the bad political party, take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,203,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?
Nice try but no cigar. You got the roles reversed, and no doubt, deliberately.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:16 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,234,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
"Most" shared my opinion in November 2008 when President Obama was elected as President...and "most" currently share my opinion: Read the polls/President's approval ratings.

BTW: Being mindful and honest about race relations and racism don't make one a racist; it just shows one's informed and pensive!
actually depending on the polls you are watching, in the past few days his number have started going south again. Yes, the majority of our country did support him, many beleived in what he was preaching and many voted for him because of their dislike for McCain and the Republican party at the time. Many of those, especially the independents are already moving far to the right.

Nita

Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, Obama will be EASILY re-elected. Even at the depths of the recession or during the heat of the last election his approval ratings remained well above those lows of Reagan (the last President who had to deal with such harsh economic conditions) - and just as Reagans horrendous low approval rating recovered along with the improving economy so will Obama's. The economy is WELL on the road to recovery now (after a bit of hesitation last summer) and that bodes very well for Obama's relection in 2012.

Ken
Ken, do you remember how the economy improved toward the end of his Reagans first term? Do you remember what inflation was like in 1980 and then in 1984 and do you remember who was running against him? We are not living 30 years ago, we are living today. We didn't have as many pressing problems to the extent we have today and Reagan was respected more around the world than Obama. Well Obama win in 2012? It is certainly possible, but don't count on 2012 to be a repeat of 1984, it won't be.

Nita

Old 02-05-2011, 10:25 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,736,632 times
The economy is well on the road to recovery??? Do I live in a different country?? Food prices have skyrocketed, as well as fuel prices, yet there are no jobs to be had and raises have been frozen for a couple of years.

Unless something dramatically changes, I am not seeing recovery.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Economy is the #1 issue. McCain camp has said if they talk about economy, they lose.

Instead of bashing, I wish McCain went down showing some dignity. What he is doing now is not a good way to end a long career.
Remember how nasty he was to Bush for 7.5 years .

Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
The economy is well on the road to recovery??? Do I live in a different country?? Food prices have skyrocketed, as well as fuel prices, yet there are no jobs to be had and raises have been frozen for a couple of years.

Unless something dramatically changes, I am not seeing recovery.
this is being discussed all over the place, inflation will interfer with any so called recovery.

Nita

Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,238,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Ken, do you remember how the economy improved toward the end of his Reagans first term? Do you remember what inflation was like in 1980 and then in 1984 and do you remember who was running against him? We are not living 30 years ago, we are living today. We didn't have as many pressing problems to the extent we have today and Reagan was respected more around the world than Obama. Well Obama win in 2012? It is certainly possible, but don't count on 2012 to be a repeat of 1984, it won't be.

Nita
Yeah, I remember those year REALLY well - THAT'S why I make the comparison. Reagan was well liked - but NOT during his first term. His popularity during the darkest economic times of his first administration was in the TOILET (some of the lowest ever recorded for a sitting President) - and when the economy turned around so did Reagan's rating, Reagan became popular when the economy improved. This is true both here at home AND overseas (Reagan was NOT popular overseas to begin with). SAME thing will happen with Obama - in fact it's ALREADY started, and this year there's likely to be a LOT of economic improvement which will carry Obama's approval rating along with it.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies