Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times

Advertisements

I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 11:36 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Economy is the #1 issue. McCain camp has said if they talk about economy, they lose.

Instead of bashing, I wish McCain went down showing some dignity. What he is doing now is not a good way to end a long career.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,528 times
last time I checked, there were more leftist liberal democrats bashing republicans.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:38 AM

542 posts, read 1,684,863 times
I was just going to say...I think you need to do a little more watching...the bashing is coming from the left at least as much as the right if not more. The whole election is ugly in my opinion. Ugh

Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,673 times
Actually, I have not found that to be the case at all. Obama feels he is entitled to the presidency and that has been his egotistical attitude from the beginning of his campaign. It was one that was quickly adopted by his followers.
I find it so strange that since Obama has written is acceptance speech and his handlers are making plans for his victory rally, they still feel the need to be on the vicious attack.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,032 times
Obama has not written his acceptance speech.

Once again, someone ate the smear hook-line-and-sinker.

Here are facts for anyone who reads facts:

McCain mocks Obama's premature inauguration plans, but... | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
Obama has not written his acceptance speech.

Once again, someone ate the smear hook-line-and-sinker.

Here are facts for anyone who reads facts:

McCain mocks Obama's premature inauguration plans, but... | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

In Chicago on ABC local morning news, they reported that Obama's speech writers have finished writing his acceptance speech.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Why do the republicans continue to bash the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?

Because for the first time in several election cycles, they're facing defeat. And now, their masks are coming off. We're seeing revealed to us the ugly, intolerant, ignorant face of the "new" GOP that has embraced the crackpot religious fringe.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post

They continue to bash...and not only bash but do ridiculous bashes...because:

1. They have nothing positive to say for their own candidates

2. This is the way their side has been doing politics for the past 8 years and they don't know anything else.

3. They are afraid...they have been so brainwashed that they actually believe the lies told about Obama and they are truly afraid.

4. They are mean and don't play nicely with others.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:04 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
I have yet to see the republicans go after anyone as viciously as the Obama supporters have gone after Sarah Palin. They have gone waaayy beyond legitimate questioning of her credentials and attacked her husband, her hairstyle, her choice in clothes, her teenage daughter, her future son-in-law, her Down syndrome infant and any other information about her that sees the light of day. This forum alone is an excellent example.
His Followers will no doubt say that this is OK. They must do whatever they have to do to get Obama into office. After all, everyone knows only the republicans would stoop so low as to bash candidates. The Followers try to act as if they are above dirty politics. But they can only keep this act up for so long, then the veneer wears thin and the slob shows through....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies