Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 AM

703 posts, read 855,372 times

Advertisements

The word negro has connotations that negroid does not.

If you meant negroid, then you should use that term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 06:48 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,448,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
The word negro has connotations that negroid does not.

If you meant negroid, then you should use that term.

Thank you!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:56 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,306,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
Settle down, his usage of the word seems appropriate and he seems to approach the topic respectfully. That said, seems like a dopey topic to create a thread about.

IMO, there are white people of all different "shades", black people of all different shades, asian people of all different shades, etc. Who gives a crap we are all human beings....dopey topic.
His usage of the word is deliberate. He's obviously attempting to stir.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,306,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Not sure, but Africans are heavily discriminated against by American Negroes. I see it every day on campus, and saw it in the work place. I find the African Negroes to be better students and better workers than the American Negroes. I worked at a meat packing plant about 6 years ago and my line leader and crew leader were from Senegal. We used to speak German to each other and talk about futboll, since they were fans of Hagi from Romania and the one had lived in the UK and was a fan of Dan Petrescu at Manchester United. They also spoke French, plus their tribal language, plus a couple of other tribal languages. They're quite intelligent and really good people. As an employer, I'd hire African Negroes before I hired American Negroes.
And your reason for using the word "negro" several times in your post is why? To get a reaction or to make a point? . A lot of Africans certainly have different work ethics from Black Americans because of where they come from and because of the structure of their society. There isn't welfare over there...there's no other way out other than to get an education. They also haven't had a history of being negatively portrayed or racial discrimination towards them.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 PM

34 posts, read 71,477 times
How can a name of race(Negro is a term referring to people of Black African ancestry.) offend anybody?
Anyway, let's stick to original question.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
What's with all the "Negro" stuff?

Old 10-30-2008, 12:50 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,126 times
I am an African. This is a stupid question. What the fool is basically trying to ask is "why do Black Americans Look lighter than Africans".

The answer= Black Americans and Africans all come in DIFFERENT SHADES AND DIFFERENT COLORS!!!Thank YOU!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,375,404 times
I'm an older person. Quiet, church going, respectful of others. If some of the terms I've seen used in this forum were used in conversation with me, or my family members, it would be insulting. I'm not a "PC" person, but it seems that there are some that are deliberately rude and hurtful.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 PM

34 posts, read 71,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
The answer= Black Americans and Africans all come in DIFFERENT SHADES AND DIFFERENT COLORS!!!Thank YOU!!!
Go to Africa and you'll see that average African negro looks different than average American negro. Am I being understood myself clear?
Please try not to write your bull**** wherever you can.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:13 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaliculus View Post
Go to Africa and you'll see that average African negro looks different than average American negro. Am I being understood myself clear?
Please try not to write your bull**** wherever you can.
I am from Africa [MOD CUT/personal attack] What different are U stating? Explain to US!!!

Thats like saying The average White european looks Different than the average White American!!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-30-2008 at 03:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies