Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,959,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
READ THE FORUM! Open your eyes. Its true, its all true. (double wink, sarah palin style!)
you betcha! do you like her better with her hair up or down? I saw her with her hair down, wearing her Neiman Marcus outfit with high boots and I was like woof woof.... then she spoke and I woke up from my stupor and realized.. she is still looking for Putin's head over Alaska somewhere.. the bulldog was just repackaged a little bit more expensively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 02:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,409,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
For the past two years, I believed that Obama was a great politician with great ideas that would make an excellent POTUS. However, I recently came to the conclusion that Obama is America's only hope for a prosperous future. Everybody go out and vote OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too late!

I already voted for Obama last week.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
The truth is that he IS A MUSLIM, he swore in on the koran, not the christian bible. Even athiests would use the bible before using the koran, its just a fact that the islamic beliefs do NOT create good people. Christians belive in doing whats right and being a good person, muslims believe in limiting rights of women and killing ALL who do not agree with them. And dont mention the inquisition, that was the roman catholic church...the very people who KILLED JESUS. I wouldnt even consider them to be christians . But anyway, If you believe that Obama is a christian, then i guess you also believe that he had no idea of reverend wrights hate for american and what it stands for. He wasnt going to that church as a christian, he was going as a fellow hater of america.Open your eyes before you vote for that traitorous demon!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,791,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
would you McCain people quit calling me a Kid. Please, I am just as informed as you. I work as a architectural engineer every day designing electrical systems in LEED buldings. I read my news from many different sources online, and even watch Fox news for a look at the other side. I pay taxes just like you, I am a helpful citizen to this country, I pay my rent, I pay my bills on time, I follow the laws, and even do community service that is not court orderd.

Hey, my wife works for an AE firm and is thinking about going for her LEED Accreditation (she works in Marketing/Communications). Is it pretty tough?

(sorry, off topic)

Old 11-04-2008, 08:28 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,344,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
While I believe a lot of what is said about Obama is exagerrated or outright false, there is plenty of truth that is glossed over. Neither candidate will improve your life, only you can do that for yourself. The country will remain divided regardless of who is elected. We are enveloped in an idealistic power struggle, neither of which follows what our founding fathers laid out for us.
HOLY CRAP! A freaking voice of reason here! I can't believe it. If you were in front of me, I'd have to shake your hand. For now, though, I can only give you a rep point.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,424,355 times
Default press having second thoughts about President Obama

News organizations concerned about access issues at the Obama White House - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-obama-news-access,1,6232068.story - broken link)
NEW YORK (AP) — News organizations that cover the White House sparred with the Obama administration on Thursday over access issues for photographers and rules for briefings.
The Associated Press, Reuters and Agence France-Presse refused to distribute photos taken by the White House of the new president on his first day in the Oval Office because of the dispute. Still photographers were also not given access to Obama's do-over oath of office administered Wednesday night by Chief Justice John Roberts and an economics meeting on Thursday.

Wonder if this is the start of "Commrade Obama" instead of President Obama?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:37 AM

862 posts, read 2,615,206 times
Might I also add, that on the SECOND do-over, Obama did NOT swear on the Bible.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:44 AM

Obama flashes irritation in press room - Jonathan Martin and Carrie Budoff Brown - Politico.com
President Obama made a surprise visit to the White House press corps Thursday night, but got agitated when he was faced with a substantive question.

Asked how he could reconcile a strict ban on lobbyists in his administration with a Deputy Defense Secretary nominee who lobbied for Raytheon, Obama interrupted with a knowing smile on his face.

"Ahh, see," he said, "I came down here to visit. See this is what happens. I can't end up visiting with you guys and shaking hands if I'm going to get grilled every time I come down here."

Pressed further by the Politico reporter about his Pentagon nominee, William J. Lynn III, Obama turned more serious, putting his hand on the reporter's shoulder and staring him in the eye.

"Alright, come on" he said, with obvious irritation in his voice. "We will be having a press conference at which time you can feel free to [ask] questions. Right now, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to you guys - that's all I was trying to do."

Old 01-23-2009, 03:45 AM

Media frustration spills into briefing - Michael Calderone - Politico.com
A growing media frustration with Barack Obama’s team spilled into the open at Thursday’s briefing, with reporters accusing the White House of stifling access to his oath re-do and giving Obama’s first interview as president to a multi-million dollar inauguration sponsor.

Veteran CBS newsman Bill Plante was one of the most vocal critics, questioning the White House’s handling of Wednesday night’s second swearing in – which was covered by just a four-reporter print pool that didn’t include a news photographer or TV correspondent.

He also asked new press secretary Robert Gibbs why ABC, which paid millions to host the DC Neighborhood Ball, was granted the only inauguration day interview with President Obama – a move he equated to “pay to play.”

Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,410,585 times
O please, the press will continue to be all over Obamas nuts just like the rest of the country. That was just a story hungry reporter not knowing the time and place to interview a president. Rookie move if you ask me. I wonder what Bush did to **** off the media so much, other than being a royal screw up.

Last edited by nickeldude; 01-23-2009 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: da kine mistakes brah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies