Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times

Advertisements

I sure hope this comes to pass though the article goes on to state he will still be allowed to caucus with the Democrats. I hope Lieberman will feel properly chastised by the loss of his chairmanship, maybe he'll start putting the interests of his country before the interests of Likud and Israel.

Quote:
Democratic leaders are discussing a major reshuffling of Senate committee chairmanships, according to multiple sources, and the proposed changes include ousting Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) from his coveted chairmanship.

Lieberman, a former Democrat who supports Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for president, is likely to lose his gavel on the Homeland Security Committee he has chaired since January 2007, say the sources who see him being replaced by Sen. Daniel Akaka (Hawaii), the committee’s third-ranking Democrat.
TheHill.com - Sen. Lieberman likely to lose his gavel in massive reshuffle being discussed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:16 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
I hope he never changes!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
you mean large tax increases. I am not interested in that, and I live in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I sure hope this comes to pass though the article goes on to state he will still be allowed to caucus with the Democrats. I hope Lieberman will feel properly chastised by the loss of his chairmanship, maybe he'll start putting the interests of his country before the interests of Likud and Israel.

TheHill.com - Sen. Lieberman likely to lose his gavel in massive reshuffle being discussed

Old 10-30-2008, 09:20 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,902 times
Joe will soon be announcing that he is no longer an Independent, but officially a Republican.

It just strikes me as humorous that the Dems make a huge deal of Powell's endorsement (he wants a cabinet post, big secret) and seem to downplay that Joe Lieberman was the Gore VP candidate 8 short years ago. To me, that's historic.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:22 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
I think it would be wrong for them to pull him from the chairmanship simply because he is crossing party lines. Action like that will discourage other bipartisan cooperation.

Is there a reason (other than the obvious) that they would remove him from this position?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I think it would be wrong for them to pull him from the chairmanship simply because he is crossing party lines. Action like that will discourage other bipartisan cooperation.

Is there a reason (other than the obvious) that they would remove him from this position?
Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee is a plum position. It would be foolish and look weak to allow a man who has publically advocated the election of a Republican to the presidency, while at the same time deriding Obama, to keep it....he must pay a price. There are more deserving REAL Democrats.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
It's about time... and we're tired of hearing what a so-called "independent" he is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies