Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 09:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
Killing a potential child because of the economic burden on society or the mother is quite scary, immoral and selfish...
No more so than forcing ones religious dogma upon others. Look its her soul if thats your belief. She will answer to your higher power for it. As I said although I am no fan of abortion I feel its the individuals choice.
Personally the procedure disgusts me. But forcing a woman to carry to term when she absolutely can not care for herself let alone a child is also morally wrong. Forcing a woman to carry to term when you have nothing vested is what is selfish.
Novel idea. People should mind their own business.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 PM

943 posts, read 781,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
That's either one of the weakest arguments ever, or you didn't read the original post very carefully. Go back and see if you can glom onto the meaning of "guide" as it was intended.

I'm perfectly happy with it as long as you will recognize it also with reference to the choice between having 3 and 20 children. Did you want to answer that question at some point?

Because no women on the pill would have 20 children. And few women will have child that many children unless on fertility drugs.

And I don't think there is a quota in which when fulfilled exempts women from having to go through pregnancy to full term...

Old 11-01-2008, 09:37 PM

943 posts, read 781,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No more so than forcing ones religious dogma upon others. Look its her soul if thats your belief. She will answer to your higher power for it. As I said although I am no fan of abortion I feel its the individuals choice.
Personally the procedure disgusts me. But forcing a woman to carry to term when she absolutely can not care for herself let alone a child is also morally wrong. Forcing a woman to carry to term when you have nothing vested is what is selfish.
Novel idea. People should mind their own business.
Being anti abortion is not a religious dogma... Why did you assume I am religious? I don't believe in religion...

Old 11-01-2008, 09:37 PM

713 posts, read 1,865,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Abortion is not illegal
Birth Control is not illegal
The world is not how you want it to be.
Do you want to kill yourself now?
If something is legal, does that make it moral? After all, slavery was once legal, as was lynching. I'm glad that the abolitionists didn't give up trying to change the world into something they wanted it to be, rather than resorting to suicide.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Because no women on the pill would have 20 children. And few women will have child that many children unless on fertility drugs.

And I don't think there is a quota in which when fulfilled exempts women from having to go through pregnancy to full term...
The law says its the womans choice and rightly so. Its their body which is forever changed. Its the woman suffering all the side effects of a pregnancy.
How about this. If a man feels she should carry to term we implant an 8 pound bowling ball up his rectum. He may then do his best to pass the ball. If after the experience he still feels that giving birth is a wonderful experience we will take his opinion under advisement.
The fact is that it is nobodies business.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Being anti abortion is not a religious dogma... Why did you assume I am religious? I don't believe in religion...
Did I say moionfire's religious dogma? I meant in general being that most hardcore anti abortion folks are in fact religious in nature. That is where I was going with it. I apologize I did not mean you specifically.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And they claimed the Taliban had ceased to exist.

Should anyone guilty be flogged? Public stocks? Stoned? Burned at the stake?
Whether or not one agrees with Ebunni221's assertion, how does that assertion logically lead to floggings, public stocks, stoning, and burning at the stake? What does the one have to do with the other?? Bringing up the Taliban is a red herring.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
The Taliban is apparently alive and well right here in the US
Surely you are not suggesting that pro-life people are equivalent to the Taliban?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There is sex for procreation, and there is sex for pleasure. Unless you deny that premise (as many pro-lifers inherently do), then the prospects for experiencing an unintended and unaccepted pregnancy will run to just about 50-50 vis-a-vis the other kind.
From a human perspective, there may be sex for pleasure, but from a biological perspective there is only sex for possible procreation, am I right?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As for abortions. If you don't like or believe in it don't have one. I don't like cars with those annoying can mufflers. Not my car, its annoying but oh well.
Don't you think the abortion debate is a bit more significant than whether or not someone is allowed to have an annoying muffler?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies