Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 01:37 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I agree 100%.
Even with all our problems, and my frustration with our country, it is still the only place in the world where one can land here with nothing but the clothes on their back and through a fresh idea and hard work can become a millionaire. In spite of the problems, America is still the ultimate land of opportunity.
The ONLY such place? Wow. Have you been brainwashed. Have you ever heard of Canada and Australia? Lessson 1. See if you can find them on a map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 01:39 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Would you please state an example of how it doesn't? Thanks.
I sewed a button on a shirt the other day, and that nine-stitch savings was not apparent to me, but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:35 PM

214 posts, read 288,016 times
The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know. JFK

Old 11-02-2008, 08:11 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
"ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".

If there is no employment around, then how come there are so many ad's for help in the newspaper.

The medical field has jobs available, get trained. The biz field has jobs, get trained. The military has great jobs (opportunity)...join up.

The list goes on.

Young people have a lot of opporunities out there if they apply themselves.

Joe the Hunter.

A lot of us were inspired by Kennedy to join up and fight for America.
A tour or two of duty in the Nam cured us of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies