Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I support the general message behind the OP even though I think it could have been said in a more tactful way. Good job.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
The OP didn't say anything different than what Bill Cosby has been saying for quite some time now.
Very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 11:00 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
I only stated that because I felt like we are being attacked for no reason!

America has proven that we have moved beyond race and I know that because I attend one of the most diverse schools in the country.

Its people who single us out, that I feel like I have the right to say something too. I am over it, have been over it for quite some time and my blood has Irish blood running through it.

If you want We America, start saying that to those who are singling us out!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:05 AM

8,625 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I only stated that because I felt like we are being attacked for no reason!

America has proven that we have moved beyond race and I know that because I attend one of the most diverse schools in the country.

Its people who single us out, that I feel like I have the right to say something too. I am over it, have been over it for quite some time and my blood has Irish blood running through it.

If you want We America, start saying that to those who are singling us out!
You need to do the same.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 AM

524 posts, read 942,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
I bet you have no idea how racist you are. "Pull up your pants??!!" WTF.
Why are you so concerned with "Black America"? Are you "Black America's" nanny? Do you just sit around all day wallowing in your hate? Don't you have anything better to do?

There is no black America and white America. There is only the United states of America. Wake up.
A lot of my friends are black and THEY are the one's that say there are two Americas!

We have a Miss America and a Black Miss America...
Regular entertainment and Black entertainment channels...
We have Muslims and Black Muslims
Churches and Black churches (Such as Rev. Wright's anti-white/anti-American church)
Jet magazine...etc.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:30 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,721 times
I wonder if Emmett Till is cheering from his grave?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 AM

922 posts, read 1,908,973 times
the point of the post is most of america IS tired of hearing about how 400 years ago has caused blacks tobe the way they are today. I have a different heritage of america. my greatgrandfather on one side was indian. his point was just like this post. shutup and go to work. you cant CHANGE the past. and believe me he has alot more to complain about than his ancestors were slaves. America as a whole is tired of those that wont pull there weight, regardless of history. It is time for us ALL to change this country for the better. and who better than a man that is of very mixed race.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
While I disagree with some of the japs made in the original post, I guess I can sort of see where the intent is.

I didn't vote for Obama and I am black.
I don't predict my life becoming a thousand times better because I now have a black (I always thought he was biracial...but I guess that's just a minority view. Excuse the pun) president.

I've never felt I should be given a handout because I am a black female. I have worked hard in school and I AM working hard in college. I don't feel I am entitled to anything because I am black.

I am personally sick of all the excuses SOME black people have for not being more successful and not being in a better place in their lives.
I talked with my grandmother Monday night about how far she feels we have come in this country and what Barack's success means to her. She said that blacks in America no longer have any excuses. If he can overcome his circumstances, so can you. I couldn't agree more.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 PM

43 posts, read 97,795 times
Quote:
Ugh, I see that the Obama victory is bringing racism even more out into the open than it was...
So if you voted for McCain you are automatically deemed racist?

Please!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:34 PM

532 posts, read 908,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
A lot of my friends are black and THEY are the one's that say there are two Americas!

We have a Miss America and a Black Miss America...
Regular entertainment and Black entertainment channels...
We have Muslims and Black Muslims
Churches and Black churches (Such as Rev. Wright's anti-white/anti-American church)
Jet magazine...etc.
Look at a map. Do you see two countries named America? No. There is one and only one.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
the point of the post is most of america IS tired of hearing about how 400 years ago has caused blacks tobe the way they are today. I have a different heritage of america. my greatgrandfather on one side was indian. his point was just like this post. shutup and go to work. you cant CHANGE the past. and believe me he has alot more to complain about than his ancestors were slaves. America as a whole is tired of those that wont pull there weight, regardless of history. It is time for us ALL to change this country for the better. and who better than a man that is of very mixed race.
400 years ago? They still had Jim Crow laws in the 60's. Blacks were still being lynched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies