Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:59 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Blacks are not the reason the prop passed. Mormons, Catholics, Christians who happen to be white, black, asian and latino are the reason propl 8 passed.

Religious fanatics of all color. But unlike whitey mccracker, i expected more from the minorities than i did from white folks. I thought you all had souls. Guess I was wrong.
whitey mccracker? That is hilarious. Don't you have a childish name for all the minorities that you expected more from?

Old 11-10-2008, 03:02 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
whitey mccracker? That is hilarious. Don't you have a childish name for all the minorities that you expected more from?
Edited to stay on topic. This isn't about me. This is about EQUALITY and the 14th amendment.

Last edited by Taboo2; 11-10-2008 at 03:36 PM..

Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Nope, just white folks. Since I am irish, english, danish, I can say whatever i want because I am white. Don't be jealous.

I also can say what I want regarding native americans cos i got that covered as well, but they don't disrespect others so I don't need to.
oh goodie, I'm white too, maybe you can think of some nasty name to call me, you know I don't want to feel left out or jealous.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:19 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,415 times
Quote:
Why are African Americans so against gay rights?

For the same reason white conservatives are: there is an inverse relationship between level of college education, and an indivdual's tendency to support equal rights for homosexuals.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:34 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
oh goodie, I'm white too, maybe you can think of some nasty name to call me, you know I don't want to feel left out or jealous.

Nasty? I think it's quite funny and very empowering. I'm taking it back. Just like other distinctive groups can use past negative words to empower them, so do i!

I see nothing wrong with it and you are just looking to start a fight. This is about gay rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourtee...s_Constitution
Wrong thread for petty nitpicking.
This is serious.

Last edited by Taboo2; 11-10-2008 at 04:08 PM..

Old 11-10-2008, 03:37 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,412 times
I waited awhile to reply to this thread because my instincts are to go negative but I really wanted to get my point across so I thought about it for the past two days.

First and foremost, I am not against gay rights. Many of you here know that I have 2 gay men and a lesbian woman in my immediate family. We are black.

I have stood up for them many times here because they are my family and I feel how they feel because I hear and see their struggles.You all are forgetting that there are gay blacks. But that does not make me or them forget the struggles that their ancestors had to go through which is 100 times worst than the struggle going on here.

To compare lynchings and kills and starvation and the removal of basic human rights of a group of people to that of gay rights today is like comparing apples and oranges. I do understand that their have been gay people who have been brutally murdered because of their sexual orientation. I am not taking away from their families pain at all, but when millions of people were denied life, the comparison to me becomes mute.

We forget that being black is worn on the outside and can be seen from a mile away. You being gay, is masked because you cannot wear it on your skin. Be proud yes. but when an employer looks at you, all they see is the outside until you tell them you are gay.

Blacks were denied the right to keep their children from being sold, were kept from the people they loved. You all can love openly and are free to move about as you please.

I understand your pain, because I see it and I feel it. My cousin was robbed because he was gay. But I think the problem is when you all compare your struggle for a sheet of paper saying that you can get married and then share in monetary things with your spouse is not in the same as a struggle for life.

Many blacks do not connect with that. Blacks do not care about oppression status, really what the hell does that even mean? This is 2008 and there are plenty of opportunities for blacks so the oppression theme is dry and far-fetched.

Another thing, MANY MANY blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians are religious. That has nothing to do with violence or anything that people are saying here because if killing someone had anything to do with how religious people are, we wouldn't have wars that ...uh kill people.

Take a step back and look at the situation instead of looking to place the blame on someone.Your real blame is religion because that is where it stems from, but you can't do that because it would be going up against your own religious beliefs.

If your law wasn't passed.... ok, pick yourself up and give it a go again. There is nothing wrong with trying.....

Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
I think this one is just about played out. Hope the OP got some useful information. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies