Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 AM
JGY

347 posts, read 419,617 times

Advertisements

If they were really wanting equal rights, then why not accept the many benefits of civil unions, without having to take on the concept of traditional marriage. This tells me that this battle in California was for idealogical reasons and not simply about economic benefits of marriage. They wanted to slam dunk religion, and they failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 02:45 AM

998 posts, read 1,513,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
If they were really wanting equal rights, then why not accept the many benefits of civil unions, without having to take on the concept of traditional marriage. This tells me that this battle in California was for idealogical reasons and not simply about economic benefits of marriage. They wanted to slam dunk religion, and they failed.
Umm, yes. It is at least partially about ideological reasons, but more so on the part of the proponents of prop 8.

What's your point?

Old 11-16-2008, 02:46 AM
JGY

My point is quit trying to make this an economic civil right, when what it boils down to is idealogy and the contempt for traditional values and religion.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
My point is quit trying to make this an economic civil right, when what it boils down to is idealogy and the contempt for traditional values and religion.
I see. So it can't be about more than one thing.

You're compartmentalizing again.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:52 AM
JGY

I can compartmentalize all I want, I do have freedom of speech, besides the gay community compartmentalizes too. There !!!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:02 AM

Quote:
I can compartmentalize all I want, I do have freedom of speech, besides the gay community compartmentalizes too. There !!!
In my experience they don't.

It isn't about whether or not you can - it's that you do.

Lord, now I feel like I am back in High School grade when *I* taught Sunday School.

Quit blaming others for your conflicted inner being.

Now I am done. I have lost patience with you (and for all I know, you could just be trolling) and will get mean if this continues, so let's drop it.

Good luck with your inner turmoil, I find it SICK that you feel like you get to not only be f'd up yourself, but criticize others.

Shove off.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:09 AM
JGY

See folks this is what happens when those of the gay agenda do not like what they hear.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
See folks this is what happens when those of the gay agenda do not like what they hear.
Nah, I gave you plenty of chances to act like a human being and not a programmed simulacrum.

You fail.

You're obviously a weak and very impressionable person who blames those around him for his own decisions.

A coward who can't accept himself - so he instead focuses on others.

Grow up. Heal yourself. Quit projecting your issues onto an entire minority.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:21 AM
JGY

No, I was trying to hold a civil conversation with you, until you turned it nasty.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
No, I was trying to hold a civil conversation with you, until you turned it nasty.
Please, don't let me get in the way of your substituting a bible for a penis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies