Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:34 PM

175 posts, read 439,213 times

Advertisements

I don't believe in gay marriage and I'm glad California does not allow it.

These people that say "Gay Marriage" should be allowed state they are the most "opened minded" people ever.

These "pro gay marriage people" might as well be in a time that would "allow whiskey and ban vodka". They are so for one thing that has moral issues but something else that deals with another moral issue is completely wrong.

If that is allowed, then why can't we have strip clubs in neighborhoods? These opened-minded people aren't for that.

What happens when I disagree and don't believe in gay marriage. They aren't as open-minded as they think because they are always very open-minded.

That is why I dislike those who call themselves "open-minded". Because they aren't even close to being that way.

Just watch- I'm sure I will get attacked by the open-minded people here in a rather mean tone despite the fact I'm being logical and stating my opinion.

Last edited by Thunderbomb82; 11-06-2008 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: fixed spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
I would be all for a strip club in my neighborhood, saves me gas.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
I also dont believe in gay marriages, but I do think that each state needs to decide on their own.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Nothing logical about your opinion, OP. You cite no logical reason to oppose it. You equate gay marriage with strip clubs which is nonsensical. Apparently, gay people do nothing but have sex so, in your mind, you turn to a symbol of heterosexual hedonism and debauchery as a comparison. One thing though, your argument is almost certainly insulting.

As it turned out, it was the African American population of California which most soundly rejected the concept with some 80% voting in favor of the ban. So, in essence, one minority just rejected the rights of another. Haven't ever heard of that happening before. More than 50% of whites opposed the ban.

Finally, if you're not gay, it's none of your business. Gay marriage impacts NO ONE else. Now, THAT's logical.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
Default I'll be frank

Your opinion is stupid and I'm sick of hearing/reading pure crap like that. Stay out of my life and others' that don't concern you, also. And yes--I came into this thread just to say that. Needless to say, it's not a good time at all. I, for one, am in no mood to be diplomatic or considerate. Someone else can fill that role.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Nothing logical about your opinion, OP. You cite no logical reason to oppose it. You equate gay marriage with strip clubs which is nonsensical. Apparently, gay people do nothing but have sex so, in your mind, you turn to a symbol of heterosexual hedonism and debauchery as a comparison. One thing though, your argument is almost certainly insulting.

As it turned out, it was the African American population of California which most soundly rejected the concept with some 80% voting in favor of the ban. So, in essence, one minority just rejected the rights of another. Haven't ever heard of that happening before. More than 50% of whites opposed the ban.

Finally, if you're not gay, it's none of your business. Gay marriage impacts NO ONE else. Now, THAT's logical.

No offense, but what is so logical about your opinion if you say mine is not? I was giving an opinion and you gave your opinion.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbomb82 View Post
I don't believe in gay marriage and I'm glad California does not allow it.

These people that say "Gay Marriage" should be allowed state they are the most "opened minded" people ever.

If that is allowed, then why can't we have strip clubs in neighborhoods? These opened-minded people aren't for that.

Hmm.. well here is the difference.. we're not saying a strip club can't exist or that they should be banned...we're simply saying that you shouldn't put a strip club next to an elementary school There is a time and place for strip clubs and you are welcome to have as many as you want..

BTW.. it's the same reason you can't have a block of homes with one commercial building on the block surrounded by other homes.. there are construction zones..zones for commercial areas, zones for homes.

Talk to me when us open minded people want to ban strip clubs all together..

What happens when I disagree and don't believe in gay marriage. They aren't as open-minded as they think because they are always very open-minded.

That is why I dislike those who call themselves "open-minded". Because they aren't even close to being that way.

Just watch- I'm sure I will get attacked by the open-minded people here in a rather mean tone despite the fact I'm being logical and stating my opinion.

I don't care that you disagree with gay marriage.. don't believe in gay marriage..then don't have a gay marriage, dont attend any gay ceremonies... and talk to all your afriends, family and others of like mindedness that you don't like or agree with gay marraige..but simply because YOU don't believe in gay marriage doesn't mean that someone else must follow YOUR belief that gay marriage is wrong...

The open minded public isn ot telling you to NOT think that gay marriage is bad..think it all you want.. but DON'T tell others they can't engage in a gay union and marriage simply becuase YOU think it's wrong!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

Sorry to be insulting. I just gave an opinion. Telling someone that they aren't logical can be interpreted as "insulting" as well.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I don't care that you disagree with gay marriage.. don't believe in gay marriage..then don't have a gay marriage, dont attend any gay ceremonies... and talk to all your afriends, family and others of like mindedness that you don't like or agree with gay marraige..but simply because YOU don't believe in gay marriage doesn't mean that someone else must follow YOUR belief that gay marriage is wrong...

The open minded public isn ot telling you to NOT think that gay marriage is bad..think it all you want.. but DON'T tell others they can't engage in a gay union and marriage simply becuase YOU think it's wrong!!!
Did I say that anybody couldn't be part of an union? Did I say anybody could or couldn't do anything? I just stated that I disagree with gay marriage. No need to attack.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 PM

532 posts, read 908,621 times
Yeah, that was pretty incoherent, OP.
Here's why gay marriage isn't like a strip club:
It is 2 about consenting adults who want to share their lives with each other and want the rights to visit each other in the hospital. It is not about anything that will impact you at all.
Just imagine that the person you love is someone the government says you shouldn't. Imagine how it would feel to not be able to comfort that person in the hospital even though he/she wants you there? Now ask yourself why that person should be denied this right?
If its because you don't like or agree with homosexuality, just don't think about that part. I guarantee you gays and lesbians aren't thinking about your sex life. Just think of it like 2 really good friends who want to live together and share benefits. Maybe they will raise some children. No worry, your good Christian marriage between a man and a woman will still be valid and you can look down on those who weren't able to marry in your church just the same as you always did.
Denying people this right is only cruel and not in any way just.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies