Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:35 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes - your desire to force someone to purchase something they do not want is communistic.

It is the Government taking control of your life
Oh well, I guess you forcing me to spend my money on a war I dont want is communistic as well! Only truth is, you've already done it! And you are merely speculating on what might be! So this makes YOU hehe, the communist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 05:35 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
LOL, wrong, as usual. Someone said a person could get Medicaid with a million dollar house. I responded. I did not start the topic. Get it straight, pulease.
Yep - he said it - you disagreed - you were wrong - then made the unsolicted comment that "you don't own a home with a mtg" -

You were wrong sweetie - as usual

Old 11-09-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Oh well, I guess you forcing me to spend my money on a war I dont want is communistic as well! Only truth is, you've already done it! And you are merely speculating on what might be! So this makes YOU hehe, the communist.
If you were smart enough about tax law - you would know that you are not "forced" to have "your" money used for anything -

But, I'll let you do some research on the subject - you need some learnin' sweet cheeks

Old 11-09-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yep - he said it - you disagreed - you were wrong - then made the unsolicted comment that "you don't own a home with a mtg" -

You were wrong sweetie - as usual
No, you said I brought it up. I corrected you. I did not bring it up. I responded and you are wrong as usual in what you type. Don't me make me go back and quote you. It's a waste of my time.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
I think I am done being friends with someone where I live based on this issue alone. The night of the election this republican person I know said "why should everyone have health care if they don't work for it?"

This boggles my mind - the mean spiritedness of it all. I mean, how about we end the wars, stop spreading death and destruction, and use that money to take care of each other in this country?

Anyway, I just don't have time for someone with this thinking in my life. My mother is the same way. However, she is 87 and doesn't seem to get that tax dollars are paying for her health care, yet she begrudges others from having it. I can't very well toss her out of my life, but I abhor her thinking.

What is wrong with these people?

you want to stop wars fine, I am all with that. as a combat vet I do not like to see other people dying.
but on the other hand, health care is not a right, if you want it, then go out and buy it. you want to help some poor joe because he broke his back and cant work then fine, but to the man or woman that would rather vote for universal health care or vote for a check, you can just take a leap into off of devils mountain with no chute.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
If you were smart enough about tax law - you would know that you are not "forced" to have "your" money used for anything -

But, I'll let you do some research on the subject - you need some learnin' sweet cheeks
Moderator, I find the term sweet cheeks to be demeaning and derogatory.

How is it I can evade taxes, so as to not have my tax dollars used to fund the wars?

Old 11-09-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Moderator, I find the term sweet cheeks to be against forum rules and derogatory.

How is it I can evade taxes, so as to not have my tax dollars used to fund the wars?
Evade taxes? Never said, nor implied such a thing.

Study the tax code - you don't have to have "your" money going towards "the war" -

Do some studying -

Old 11-09-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Evade taxes? Never said, nor implied such a thing.

Study the tax code - you don't have to have "your" money going towards "the war" -

Do some studying -
You are offensive and rude with your personal comments. I will no longer continue a conversation with you. Furthermore, you are sexist and that is very offensive, with your snarky comments - sweetie, sweet cheeks. Get a life. Or go out on one of your make-believe six boats, six cars, or six houses.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You are offensive and rude with your personal comments. I will no longer continue a conversation with you.
I was not "rude" - I was direct. I gave you the information -

Do as you wish

Old 11-09-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
. Or go out on one of your make-believe six boats, six cars, or six houses.
I don't have six boats, or six cars, or six houses -

Do you regularly make things up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies