Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:30 AM

858 posts, read 3,037,565 times

Advertisements

Better buy your guns while you can. If your the kind of person that likes to spend some time just to relax in the woods for the day. Or teach your little ones the safty of a fire arm? Buy buy, buy!! After 1/20/09, you all might find it not at easy to buy something as simple as a shot gun shell.

Here's some info, I found on Mr.OBama..

"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In
Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business.

Senator Obama says “words matter.” But when it comes to your Second Amendment rights, he refuses to speak honestly about where he stands. In fact, Obama hides behind carefully chosen words and vague statements of support for sportsmen and gun rights to sidestep and camouflage the truth.

But even he can’t hide from the truth forever … his voting record, political associations, and long standing positions make it clear.
  • “Do you support state legislation to … ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.” (Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996 “I’m consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.” (Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004)
  • “I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manufacturers lobby.” Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope (2006).
  • Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sports shooting. (United States Senate, vote no. 217, S. 397, July 29, 2005)
  • Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense. (Illinois Senate, SB 2165, vote 20, March 25, 2004)
  • In his only two votes on confirming Supreme Court nominees, Obama voted against two of the five justices (Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito) who later affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms in the case of District of Columbia v. Heller.
  • Did You Know?

• Obama and Mandatory Waiting Periods
  • Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996. The responses on this survey were described in “Obama had greater role on liberal survey,” Politico, March 31, 2008. ()

• Obama and Ammunition Micro-stamping Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping. Chicago Tribune blogs, “Barack Obama: NIU Shootings call for action,” February 15, 2008, ()

• Obama and ammunition magazines Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines. “Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control,” Radio Iowa, Sunday, April 22, 2007. ()

• Obama and Firearms Owners Identification Cards Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2003, SB 2163, vote 18.

• Gun Owner Privacy Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them. Illinois Senate, May 5, 2002, SB 1936 Con., vote 26.

• Obama Wants to Ban Gun Shops Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America. Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999

• Obama and the Leftwing Joyce Foundation Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.” 1998 Joyce Foundation Annual Report, p. 7.

• Obama Supports Local Restrictions on Your Gun Rights Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, DC, and other cities. "Obama: 'Common Sense Regulation' On Gun Owners' Rights," ABC News' "Political Radar" Blog, Political Punch, 2/15/08. ()

• Supreme Court Obama voted against the confirmation of Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, two of the five Justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms in the landmark Heller case.

• Clinton Gun Ban Obama wants to reimpose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban. Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes, 10/21/04

• Handgun Ban Obama endorsed a complete ban on all handguns. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, 9/9/96 Politco, 3/31/08

• Gun Rationing Obama voted in favor of legislation to prohibit law-abiding individuals from purchasing more than one gun a month. Illinois Senate, H.B. 2579, 5/16/03

• Obama and Self-Defense Obama opposes law that permits law-abiding citizens to carry firearms for self-defense. Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 4/2/08 Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04

• Illinois Senate Debate # 3 Obama has supported banning hundreds of rifles and shotguns commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.
    Illinois Senate Debate # 3:
    Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes, 10 /21/04

So get out there all. Join the NRA, or do whatever you can to help put a stop to this, before it's too late! And please nobody ask why I posted this. If you have the qusetion's in mind? Ask your self? Do you want to enjoy hunting and shooting sports? Do you want to be there for your loved ones little babies, family in a time of need?? Do you want to help keep the Second Amendment/Right To Arms??

Last edited by John From Scranton; 11-09-2008 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Typo's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 AM

537 posts, read 1,328,427 times
Default Do you have Spell Check?

You are providing much information that is very important to you. As I read, I saw four glaring typos in the first two sentences. Using Spell Check or another program will help the credibility and avoid the "Deliverance" stigma associated with many gun advocates.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:52 AM

105,881 posts, read 107,840,851 times
already got this discussed

Election triggers surge in gub sales

Old 11-09-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
You are providing much information that is very important to you. As I read, I saw four glaring typos in the first two sentences. Using Spell Check or another program will help the credibility and avoid the "Deliverance" stigma associated with many gun advocates.

Thanks for pointing some of my typo's out. It's still a little early in the morning!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:57 AM

Fact Sheets:

The Gun Show Myth 11/07/08 - Gun shows are large, public events that for many decades have been held in convention centers and banquet halls, attended by gun enthusiasts, hunters, target shooters, law enforcement and military personnel, and their families. Under federal law, firearm dealers—persons engaged in the business of selling firearms for profit on a regular basis—are required to conduct background checks on anyone to whom they sell any firearm, regardless of where the sale takes place. Federal law also provides that a person who is not a dealer may sell a firearm from his personal collection without conducting a check.

"Micro-Stamping" (Summary) 09/26/08 - In 1969, President Lyndon B. Johnson's National Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence recommended "a system of giving each gun a number and the development of some device to imprint this number on each bullet fired from the gun."

Handguns: Summary 09/25/08 - Handguns account for over one-third of Americas' 250+ million privately owned firearms. More than one million new handguns are sold in the U.S. annually.

Ammunition Summary 09/25/08 - Americans use upwards of seven billion rounds of small arms (rifle, shotgun and handgun) ammunition every year, mostly for target practice, competition and hunting.

Firearm Safety Summary 09/23/08 - Along with a steady increase in the U.S. population and a larger increase in the number of privately owned firearms in the United States, the annual number and per capita rate of accidental deaths involving firearms have decreased steadily for decades.

More Guns, Less Crime (Again) in 2007 09/23/08 - Over the last two decades, many "gun control" laws have been eliminated or made less restrictive at the federal, state, and local levels. Numbers of privately-owned guns and Right-to-Carry states have risen to all-time highs. Every step of the way, "gun control" groups predicted violent crime would increase. Instead, violent crime decreased dramatically.

Semi-Automatic Firearms and the “Assault Weapon” Issue 09/03/08 - Semi-automatic firearms were introduced more than a century ago. The first semi-automatic rifle, a Mannlicher, appeared in 1885; the first pistol, a Schonberger, in 1892; and the first shotgun, the legendary Browning Auto-5, in 1900.

On the Second Amendment, Don’t Believe Obama 08/18/08 - The presidential primary season is finally over, and it is now time for gun owners to take a careful look at just where nominee Barack Obama stands on issues related to the Second Amendment. During the primaries, Obama tried to hide behind vague statements of support for “sportsmen” or unfounded claims of general support for the right to keep and bear arms. But his real record, based on votes taken, political associations, and long standing positions, shows that Barack Obama is a serious threat to Second Amendment liberties. Don’t listen to his campaign rhetoric! Look instead to what he has said and done during his entire political career.

The Second Amendment 07/15/08 - On June 26, the Supreme Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment—"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"— protects a purely individual right, as do the First, Fourth and Ninth Amendments.

Highlights From The Heller Decision 06/26/08 - On June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court affirmed, in a 5-4 decision, the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in Parker v. District of Columbia (re-cast as District of Columbia v. Heller before the Supreme Court), that the Second Amendment protects a pre-existing, private, individually-held right, to keep arms and to bear arms, without regard to a person’s relationship to a militia. Highlights of the majority opinion, written by Justice Antonin Scalia and joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy, and Clarence Thomas, follow:

Old 11-09-2008, 07:26 AM

Default You are welcome!

SpellCheck.net - Free Online Spell Checker

I get my typos in late at night! I look at what I wrote in the morning remind myself once again- to "proof-read" before sending! I worked in advertising where one typo cost the company thousands of dollars, and my co-worker almost lost his job.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:27 AM

Default hmmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
already got this discussed

Election triggers surge in gub sales
Sounds like somebody has a code! sniff sniff.........

Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,063,335 times
Ken for as much as I appreciate your humor, this is honestly not a laughing matter..

If they go after and or take away just one of our rights as Americans then there is NOTHING to stop them from taking or changing any of the others.

This needs to stop being about the anti-gun and gun advocates..

As I have said before...

You either support our rights as Americans or you do not....

You cannot pick and choose which to defend or not....Their strength is there collective powers as rights that were granted to us as Americans..

With Veterans Day right around the corner there are many men that laid their lives down before the alter of freedon to insure that we as Americans have the rights that have been granted to us as a FREE nation.

To pick and choose which rights suit you or don't suit is a direct slap in the face of those men, their sacrifice was the greatest and the ultimate support for the rights we have as Americans.

All of the rights...........

Freedom is not free and men have sworn to defend our freedom and they have dedicated and in some cases given their lives to guarantee that we are free to enjoy those rights and that our children can grow up in a country that has those freedoms.

Some of us take this seriously because its not about the guns, but about the very fabric that holds us together as nation. The fabric which is stained with the blood of thousands so that you can have your art and I can have my guns. So that WE can enjoy our FREEDOMS as a nation and OUR pursuits of happiness........

People should be concerned because as a nation we were decieved and we have cut our nose of to spite our face and the next 4 years are going to a treat to that very fabric I spoke of.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:43 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,633,942 times
I don't hunt or use guns, but once one right gets diminished, it's like a domino effect. Pretty soon we'll be in a Communist state if we let if keep happening.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:16 AM

105,881 posts, read 107,840,851 times
as many times as i proof read i always seem to end with some grammatical errors, its like those imperfections in art work when i post ha ha ha..

heck yesterday i couldnt even spell electrical engineer and look at me today, i are one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies