Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"The left".

What a shame that you're unable to get along with people who don't think exactly as you do.

I'm a liberal and I have conservative friends.

Do you have any liberal friends?
Lots of them. I have tolerance for different points of view but I have found it to be easier to not discuss politics as my liberal friends tend to get overheated and irrational in political discussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
If you find scripture to be a fairy tale, no wonder your awareness of right and wrong is schewed...

I love fairies... tinkerbell is my favorite, and she liked boys... especially lost boys.

freedom

Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeppel View Post
The term "homophobic" is just another political term used to discredit people. Nothing more.

For example:

If you don't support Isreal, then you are "anti-semitic"

If you don't support illegal immigration, then you are "racist"

If you don't support abortion, then you are "sexist"

If you believe in moral absolutes, then you are "intolerant"

If you mistrust radical Islam, then you are "Islamophobic"
You left out a few:

If you don't support blacks sitting at the front of the bus you're a bigot.

If you don't support equal accommodations you're a bigot.

If you don't support blacks & whites having the right to get married you're a bigot.

If you don't support the right of women to have equal pay for equal work or the right to vote you're misogynistic.

Yeah, sounds about right to me.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I'm getting tired of fairy tales.

Uh oh, you like fairies!
Well at least this foul mouth turd is showing his true colors.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Exactly! Instead of debating the merits of an issue, the left just resorts to name calling. Pathetic.
No [mod cut] you don't get the right to debate with civility my right to exist and live my life as I choose. You don't get to arbitrarily deny me my right to happiness without suffering consequences. This isn't an issue, it's my life which you and your fellow hate mongers are "debating". My life isn't subject to your approval. Like all oppressed people we will fight you and ultimately will defeat you [mod cut].

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-11-2008 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: no name calling

Old 11-10-2008, 10:15 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
[mod cut] you don't get the right to debate with civility my right to exist and live my life as I choose. You don't get to arbitrarily deny me my right to happiness without suffering consequences. This isn't an issue, it's my life which you and your fellow hate mongers are "debating". My life isn't subject to your approval. Like all oppressed people we will fight you and ultimately will defeat you [mod cut].

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-11-2008 at 09:00 AM..

Old 11-10-2008, 10:27 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
No [mod cut] you don't get the right to debate with civility my right to exist and live my life as I choose. You don't get to arbitrarily deny me my right to happiness without suffering consequences. This isn't an issue, it's my life which you and your fellow hate mongers are "debating". My life isn't subject to your approval. Like all oppressed people we will fight you and ultimately will defeat you [mod cut].
Exactly. Justice will prevail in time, despite protests against it. Soon enough, our debates will be centered around things that actually should be up for debate, as opposed to this.

This post really resonates with me. A lot of my anger has been reawakened, and it's cathartic to realize that I'm not alone. I know we'll be okay in the end. As the years pass, fewer and fewer young people are going to have to suffer for their identities and deal with self-loathing.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-11-2008 at 09:01 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
[mod cut] you don't get the right to debate with civility my right to exist and live my life as I choose. You don't get to arbitrarily deny me my right to happiness without suffering consequences. This isn't an issue, it's my life which you and your fellow hate mongers are "debating". My life isn't subject to your approval. Like all oppressed people we will fight you and ultimately will defeat you [mod cut].
Nobody said you cant or shouldn't be gay.
But you have no right to expect reality to just cease to exist because you are gay. Be happy with yourself as you are. You arent opressed, you are obsessed. There is a difference.
Theres nothing to defeat except your own denial.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-11-2008 at 09:02 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 06:22 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I don't hate gays/lesbians, but I think it's unnatural. I'm not afraid of them either. But, I'm only human so I can't speak for God (religion). I can't say that they are all going to hell either because, again, I'm not God. It's the act, not the individual person and God is forgiving (at least my God is).
Great post (except I would say they have no more need for forgiveness than heterosexuals...I think we ALL need forgiveness for hatred on both sides.)

Old 11-14-2008, 06:23 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
"irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals"
homophobia - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
hi jacking of english terms to turn it into your own fits(homo-phobia

also we humans are also homos. homo-sapiens. that conflicts that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies