U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
3,528 posts, read 7,327,342 times
Reputation: 1124

Advertisements

I cannot stand Bill O'Reilly. I say this not because of his political beliefs, but rather because he will NEVER admit when he is wrong. It's his way or the highway. He cuts his guests off in mid-sentence and is extremely rude. I don't know why people watch him, even if they do share his views. Does anyone else feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,475 posts, read 20,224,177 times
Reputation: 5614
NO..! You're the only one...
Bill's great, he cuts people off when they try to BS and get off the subject. If they could answer the question without dancing, he lets them talk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Land of 10000 Lakes +
5,554 posts, read 6,020,111 times
Reputation: 8561
I agree with Steve... for once He is a total egocentric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,803,168 times
Reputation: 9346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
NO..! You're the only one...
Bill's great, he cuts people off when they try to BS and get off the subject. If they could answer the question without dancing, he lets them talk...
Ahhh! Someone who has actually watched him! He's always pissing me off when he defends Obama when I don't agree--which he's done more times than I care to admit--but I don't hate him because of it. Again, someone who gets their opinions for the masses instead of finding out for himself (the O/P).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
3,528 posts, read 7,327,342 times
Reputation: 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I agree with Steve... for once He is a total egocentric.
See....we CAN agree on something! I tried watching O'Reilly many times, but I just can't get past his rudeness and overblown ego. He should at least let people finish their sentences even if they are trying to dance around the subject, and then call them on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
3,528 posts, read 7,327,342 times
Reputation: 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Ahhh! Someone who has actually watched him! He's always pissing me off when he defends Obama when I don't agree--which he's done more times than I care to admit--but I don't hate him because of it. Again, someone who gets their opinions for the masses instead of finding out for himself (the O/P).
As I said, I don't judge him based on his political beliefs. Rude and egocentric apply no matter what he believes in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:39 PM
 
4,046 posts, read 5,343,932 times
Reputation: 1529
Yeah, when he thinks someone's BSing rather than answering a question, he cuts them off. They could be answering the question, but he deems their answer BS so cuts them off. And then he says things that are plainly misleading and stupid, and what gets me is that I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that he misrepresents things, but he doesn't care. It doesn't matter to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Land of 10000 Lakes +
5,554 posts, read 6,020,111 times
Reputation: 8561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
See....we CAN agree on something! I tried watching O'Reilly many times, but I just can't get past his rudeness and overblown ego. He should at least let people finish their sentences even if they are trying to dance around the subject, and then call them on it.
I meant you, Steve - total egocentric. Just Kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,803,168 times
Reputation: 9346
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Yeah, when he thinks someone's BSing rather than answering a question, he cuts them off. They could be answering the question, but he deems their answer BS so cuts them off. And then he says things that are plainly misleading and stupid, and what gets me is that I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that he misrepresents things, but he doesn't care. It doesn't matter to him.
It doesn't take someone in disagreement to see when someone is dancing around a topic, avoiding answering. I admit, he can be abrasive and it's not my favorite style but it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. It would be pretty dull if everyone reacted the same to everything--like most liberals would like us all to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Land of 10000 Lakes +
5,554 posts, read 6,020,111 times
Reputation: 8561
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Yeah, when he thinks someone's BSing rather than answering a question, he cuts them off. They could be answering the question, but he deems their answer BS so cuts them off. And then he says things that are plainly misleading and stupid, and what gets me is that I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that he misrepresents things, but he doesn't care. It doesn't matter to him.
YOU ARE ABsolutely right! I wrote him an email because I was so p--sed off at him that some of us can see through him with his fake attempts to make himself appear fair when, in fact, his aim simply is to ring alarms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:31 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top