Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 12:20 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,505,705 times

Advertisements

I know I may take flack from GOPers on this, but based on the attacks I'm seeing on Obama's presidency already, big time, by the right, this makes me wonder.
It does not make sense for gas prices to be this low right before the Dumbya leaves office. I thought it would be his last chance to help Exxon, BP and his dear friends, the royal Saudi family, before he left. Just like the big time price gouging this spring, gas being 4.25 to 4.50 in many places. While the economy is big time hurting overall, the oil companies are still doing really well.
Does anyone besides me, think that, Obama is being set up? That the price will stay not much more than it is now, but shortly after he takes office, Bush, Cheney will use their oil connections, to drive the price to 5.00 a gallon? That could squash any good feelings about Obama and the Dems down the sewer. I honestly can see this, since, well, in the mid Term elections, gas was under 2.00 a gallon, set that way to try to influence votes for the GOP. Not even 4 months later, it was easily over 3.00 a gallon.
Does it make sense, especially after gas being 4.25 to 4.50 in 1/2 the country, for gas prices to fall almost 50% now?
Again, I feel, it's being done to harm Obama's administration. If gas goes to 5.00 a gallon in 2011, that's one thing, but I hope I'm wrong, but funny business will make gas go to 5.00 a gallon by March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 PM

972 posts, read 1,328,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I know I may take flack from GOPers on this, but based on the attacks I'm seeing on Obama's presidency already, big time, by the right, this makes me wonder.
It does not make sense for gas prices to be this low right before the Dumbya leaves office. I thought it would be his last chance to help Exxon, BP and his dear friends, the royal Saudi family, before he left. Just like the big time price gouging this spring, gas being 4.25 to 4.50 in many places. While the economy is big time hurting overall, the oil companies are still doing really well.
Does anyone besides me, think that, Obama is being set up? That the price will stay not much more than it is now, but shortly after he takes office, Bush, Cheney will use their oil connections, to drive the price to 5.00 a gallon? That could squash any good feelings about Obama and the Dems down the sewer. I honestly can see this, since, well, in the mid Term elections, gas was under 2.00 a gallon, set that way to try to influence votes for the GOP. Not even 4 months later, it was easily over 3.00 a gallon.
Does it make sense, especially after gas being 4.25 to 4.50 in 1/2 the country, for gas prices to fall almost 50% now?
Again, I feel, it's being done to harm Obama's administration. If gas goes to 5.00 a gallon in 2011, that's one thing, but I hope I'm wrong, but funny business will make gas go to 5.00 a gallon by March.
They set him up in more way than one.
They are leaving him with a nafta like trade agreement to deal with-- free columbia trade agreement, if it gets passed on his watch the way nafta did (which was wrote by Bush Sr repubs) then left to clinton to deal with..Obama will take the blame for that, like Clinton did, and the repubs get what they want, yet can pass the blame.

Gas prices supposedly are down because the market has dropped and they can not get what they want for their oil. They are PULLING back on drilling which WILL drive the prices BACK UP, and they would have done so no matter who won.

But yes I believe even the bailouts will be blamed on Obama, The repubs have wrecked just about everything and left it to the next president to deal with and take the blame.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,312,695 times
Yesssss Bush is controlling the gas prices to set up Obama, I just imagine he will cause a major weather disaster just as Obama takes office.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:47 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,505,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Yesssss Bush is controlling the gas prices to set up Obama, I just imagine he will cause a major weather disaster just as Obama takes office.
Bush and Cheney are sick enough, where if they could, they would.
I honestly think, more realistically, Bush will attack Iran on 1/19/2009.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:54 PM

23,626 posts, read 23,939,208 times
You're just full of conspiracy theories, aren't ya?

I "honestly think" that aliens will come to earth and pretend to have come to help people, but they'll have this book titled "To Serve Man". People will think it's about how to help us develop into a more advanced society, but in reality it'll actually be a cookbook.

Instead of throwing around wild ideas with no facts whatsoever to back them up, why not do some RESEARCH and then post your findings? That'd probably be too much for you, though. People like you can't be bothered to do anything that involves actual work.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:40 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,208,676 times
Interesting that gas prices always go below $2 during election seasons. Equally interesting is the fact that Cheney had a secret meeting with the oil executives at the White House during the first week of the Bush presidency.

I think Bush was responsible for the $4.50 gas this summer, and he is equally responsible for the $1.89 gas now. Oil should be trading somewhere between $30 and $60 based on supply and demand, and anything higher than that is artificial price inflation. Oil prices have fallen over 50% on "weak demand" but there is no way demand has fallen 50% since July.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:52 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,837,670 times
Bush has nothing to do with gas prices, but I'm sure he is responsible for the common cold..!
You kooks shouldn't be allowed out in public without your straight jackets....
Where do you come up with this stuff...?

Old 11-16-2008, 02:00 PM

540 posts, read 628,908 times
But of course he is behind it. He took it to over $4 and he can take it down to $1.50 if he wants. He is behind everything, the towers, the price of corn, gold, coffee. He is the man behind the curtain. Just click youur heels togeather and focus on his necktie and your pecker will grow another inch.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,716,788 times
I have held this scenario for several years, and occasional post it.

Every SUV sold today is a commitment by a purchaser to buy at least 5,000 gallons of gas to feed the beast during its lifetime. That's money in the bank for oil companies. The lower they can keep gas prices, and the longer they can keep them low, the more people will buy SUVs and make that commitment to future gasoline sales. So, as long as they can afford to do so, they keep gas prices artificially low, to encourage sales of gas guzzlers. If they can hang on for ten-million more SUVs, that will be 50-billion gallons of gas that has already been ordered, just waiting for delivery. When they can no longer sustain the lowball, they raise the price and start raking it in.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 PM

23,156 posts, read 26,099,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
But of course he is behind it. He took it to over $4 and he can take it down to $1.50 if he wants. He is behind everything, the towers, the price of corn, gold, coffee. He is the man behind the curtain. Just click youur heels togeather and focus on his necktie and your pecker will grow another inch.
You made me laugh out loud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies