Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 AM

184 posts, read 359,517 times

Advertisements

Does not solve the problem. YOU PEOPLE are writing a check that your grandchildren's kids won't be able to cash. Shame on you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 11:50 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
Does not solve the problem. YOU PEOPLE are writing a check that your grandchildren's kids won't be able to cash. Shame on you...
I love watching liberals writhe and squirm... like sprinkling salt on slugs.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 PM

184 posts, read 359,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I hope gasoline goes to $7 a gallon which will you force you hillbilly meatheads to find alternative, energy efficient forms of energy- its the only way you will learn

Old 11-17-2008, 12:04 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
It doesn't work, you can tell them till you're blue in the face.

Every major energy expert says it will be a drop in the bucket. Our own energy department says it will only make a tiny difference.

The right wing lemmings will not let it go...they're are enough stupid people in the USA for them to fool. They don't care that it's a lie.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times
Word on the street is there is natural seepage of petro from the ocean floor which actually exceeds the same seepage as a result of drilling...I don't know...just trying to educate myself by reading factual scientific information...

But good luck finding people to explore new offshore drilling. As the price of oil continues south it becomes less profitable to do new offshore oil exploration.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
I'll come back when the conservatives finish their "watching" and actually attempt to defend their position.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:10 PM

Here is a source to a DOE report regarding ANWAR. This report was put out under Bush, and requested by GOP Senator Ted Stevens.

.75 cent per barrel. That's all this crying and pouting right wingers have done for years is about.

McClatchy Washington Bureau | 05/23/2008 | Here're the savings from Arctic drilling — 75 cents a barrel

Let's do the math. There are 20 gallons of gas in a barrel of oil. 75 divided by 20.....3.75 cents per gallon...LOL

They just want to burn it all up driving Hummers and Expeditions around...they don't even care about their kids and grandkids.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'll come back when the conservatives finish their "watching" and actually attempt to defend their position.

There is no reason NOT to drill... the more we put it off, the longer it is going to take to see any return. The less money in OPEC's pocket the better. There is also no reason NOT to develop technology for "alternative" energy sources. Also we should be spending money on technologies for extracting oil out of oil shale in addition to drilling known sources of easy access crude.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Word on the street is there is natural seepage of petro from the ocean floor which actually exceeds the same seepage as a result of drilling...I don't know...just trying to educate myself by reading factual scientific information...

But good luck finding people to explore new offshore drilling. As the price of oil continues south it becomes less profitable to do new offshore oil exploration.
Liberals also refuse to know how small of a footprint a rig actually takes up.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
There is no reason NOT to drill... the more we put it off, the longer it is going to take to see any return. The less money in OPEC's pocket the better. There is also no reason NOT to develop technology for "alternative" energy sources. Also we should be spending money on technologies for extracting oil out of oil shale in addition to drilling known sources of easy access crude.

Oh yes. And there is no reason at all for us not to spend all the money we have in the bank right?...... I mean live for today!

The Grandkids and future generations can go screw themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies