U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 PM

512 posts, read 630,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
The problem with that is that it's not just another medical procedure...whether people like to think so or not, it is a human life that is being ended. That IS a matter for the state.

Generally, I agree with you...the state needs to stay out of most things...but when someone is being murdered, which is what it is, all euphemisms aside, that is one of the main purposes of government.

You make a good point, though...we're enough problem on our own without sending even more money overseas, for ANY reason, let alone to fund abortion.
That is what your RELIGION says. Science does not agree that abortion, as far as what is legal right now, is murder. So since your OPINION is based on your RELIGION it has not place in legislation since it isn't backed up by science.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:40 PM

1,079 posts, read 1,558,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
That is what your RELIGION says. Science does not agree that abortion, as far as what is legal right now, is murder. So since your OPINION is based on your RELIGION it has not place in legislation since it isn't backed up by science.
lol, if you knew me, the last thing that you would accuse me of is letting religion determine my beliefs.

Ok, when does science say that someone becomes human?

Old 01-25-2009, 06:41 PM

19,183 posts, read 28,313,751 times
Quote:
Translation: I post ridiculous and irrational stuff and when I get called on it, it make me feel good to think it's the other person that's goofy in the head.
A sudden collapse of faux confidence and coherence is testimony enough I think that your position is not actually defensible. The points and questions I have posed are logical, consistent, and relevant. You reply only with stammerings.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:42 PM

1,965 posts, read 2,419,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
Don't bother. Dunkel doesn't seem to know how to form legitimate responses to logical, rational and/or scientific thought.

But then again, it's actually quite humorous when he attempts [<----operative word] to accuse you of being the one who is incapable of intelligent debate.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
A sudden collapse of faux confidence and coherence is testimony enough I think that your position is not actually defensible. The points and questions I have posed are logical, consistent, and relevant. You reply only with stammerings.
If that's what it takes for you to maintain your self-esteem, go for it.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Don't bother. Dunkel doesn't seem to know how to form legitimate responses to logical, rational and/or scientific thought.

But then again, it's actually quite humorous when he attempts [<----operative word] to accuse you of being the one who is incapable of intelligent debate.
Ok, maybe YOU can tell me when science has determined when it actually becomes a human being then.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:36 PM

3,288 posts, read 3,965,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post

That's pretty much why the ignore user feature exists.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:56 PM

19,183 posts, read 28,313,751 times
Quote:
Ok, maybe YOU can tell me when science has determined when it actually becomes a human being then.
It hasn't and it won't. The development of a new human being occurs over a continuum. You are attempting to draw bright lines -- as if it were a process of discrete steps. This is indicative of a fundamental misunderstaning.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:23 PM

1,965 posts, read 2,419,885 times
Quote:
Science has never proven such, and probably won't ever be able to do so, because our scientific capabilities do not allow us to measure such abstract notions of time and matter.

If science hasn't been able to determine the exact and universal moment of transistion between "lump of cells" and "human being," your personal or 'moral' opinion (or anyone else's opinion, for that matter) regarding the moment that said transition occurs, has absolutely no bearing and is completely irrelevant.

Saganista is correct. Your responses to date are indicative not only of fundamental misunderstanding of science, human development or the realities behind unplanned pregnancy in America, but a total lack of desire to ever actually understand the things that you so vehemently argue for or against.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:28 PM

512 posts, read 630,977 times
Quote:
I know what the law says. You cannot get an abortion after the first trimester unless your life is in danger. A fetus cannot live without the mother until much later. It is not a separate person and does not have more rights than the woman who would have to carry and nourish it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies