Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not really. A free country would allow us to have a choice. Our choices are rapidly diminishing.
I agree with that completely.

My question was meant for those that doesnt realize we are losing our freedom. Which is many
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 03:35 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Smile Freedom reigns!

Quote:
Not really. A free country would allow us to have a choice. Our choices are rapidly diminishing.

You certainly DO have your choice. You are totally free to light up anytime you choose.

Just step outside.

If you smokers had the common courtesy to do this w/o legal coercion, there'd be no law. But your poor manners made it a matter of public health so you're now forced to be courteous. It's obvious that it doesn't sit well with many smokers. Too bad it had to come to this, but it's better for the public.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:35 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Exactly! I couldn't careless if you smoke or not. I don't smoke anymore. It was on and off for awhile for me, but now i'm completely off cigarettes.

But I don't think others should have to sit in their own homes just to have a smoke. This argument was brought up before.

If smokers are not allowed to smoke in public, then I don't want to see anyone fat eat a candy bar in front of my face. Or I don't want anyone who has kids that **** themselves at any store that I shop at. You have bad gas? You best go home, I don't want to smell it.

Saying you can't smoke in public places like bars, restaurants, and bowling alleys, is the most retarded thing ever. That's just saying, if you smoke, you're not allowed to have a social life. And places like bars get most of their business from smokers, and so do bowling alleys.

And yes, it is disgusting sometimes, but it's no different than that fat kid that just shoved 6 twix in his mouth. I find that pretty disgusting, and a filthy habit.
Second-hand smoking causes cancer. The things you've mentioned do not cause cancer.

I think the line is drawn when something causes physical and significant harm to others.

Please don't smoke outside either, just smoke in your basement. Elements from the smoke lingers in the air for at least several minutes. You're creating a no-man's land for everyone else.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Cancer is all in your mind. If you think you're going to get cancer, you probably will.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
You are correct.

I find cats disgusting. They shed hair all over the place and like their balls.
To be perfectly honest, I like my balls too and would object to anyone attempting to separate them from me.

Many cats lose theirs.

Quote:
I think all cat owners should be banned from restaurants and bars so that I don't have to deal with cat hair.

I agree that cat owners should not be allowed to bring their pets into restaurants and bars. But I don't recall ever seeing one in either of those places.

On the other hand, smokers are free to bring their smokes with them into bars and restaurants, which is a bigger freedom than you'd grant cat lovers.

But we both seem to agree that smoking and petting cats should be done outside.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:59 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
To be perfectly honest, I like my balls too and would object to anyone attempting to separate them from me.

Many cats lose theirs.

I agree that cat owners should not be allowed to bring their pets into restaurants and bars. But I don't recall ever seeing one in either of those places.

On the other hand, smokers are free to bring their smokes with them into bars and restaurants, which is a bigger freedom than you'd grant cat lovers.

But we both seem to agree that smoking and petting cats should be done outside.
Sorry, my typo. Lick. not like.

And I don't want cat owners going to a restaurant with or without their cats. They have cat hair on their clothes. So, we need a new law. Cat owners cannot go to restaurants. Makes as much sense as banning smokers.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry, my typo. Lick. not like.

And I don't want cat owners going to a restaurant with or without their cats. They have cat hair on their clothes. So, we need a new law. Cat owners cannot go to restaurants. Makes as much sense as banning smokers.

Only if they're blowing cat hair into your lungs.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Only if they're blowing cat hair into your lungs.
Now, that really gets my dander up.

No one on this thread is complaining about chemtrails.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:11 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,025,674 times
since when does smoking cause lung cancer? I'm a 5th generation smoker and no one in my extended family ever had lung cancer.my mom is 86 and smokes like a freight train and doing fine.lung cancer is a horrible disease and I wish it on no one but find the real cause before you blame smoking with no proof.maybe your car or home is the culprit. who knows? I dont smoke Chinese tobacco.I do know that over 60% of lung cancer patients never smoked in their lives. so what gives?

Old 12-12-2010, 10:32 PM

968 posts, read 2,061,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
No more good inention laws. We have some that still need overturned as it is. If you dont want to smoke, dont. If you dont want to be around it then dont. If someone is smoking and bothering you ask them to put it out and tell them you have serious asthma. If the plae you go to allows smoking find somehwere else instead of telling them what to do with their lives or business. It isn that cigarettes arent terrible, the point of liberties matter more.
Yes, while we are at, lets allow smoking back onto airplanes. Those were the days, where a few choice smokers can really smoke up a plane. I shouldnt infringe on their liberties as a non-smoker. I guess I can drive cross country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies