Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:12 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Can you imagine what Kooter would be saying if they were PRAISING Obama???

FYI Kooter, Indonesia is not in the same part of the world you're insinuating he spent a lot of time in.
Barack Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated, Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter
I feel sure that Barack Obama knows. He spent a lot of time in that part of the world.

What did I say in the above quote that stands out to you as a lie or slander?
Well let me ask you - when did Obama spend "a lot of time in that part of the world"? Facts, please?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Barack Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated, Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
So what? What's wrong with the Arabic call to prayer? do you have something against Arabs?
Maybe it is one of the prettiest sounds on earth to him. what's the problem?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Indonesia. Closer to Australia than Afghanistan.

You can hear that here too.

Just like I can recite the lords prayer.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Well let me ask you - when did Obama spend "a lot of time" in that part of the world? Facts, please?
I'm not your teacher. You need to learn about this man you know not much about.

You can start with his name, which is an Arabic name? Look into his background of Muslim faith... Yes, there are ties of Indonesia with Arabs and Arabic culture.

Last edited by Kootr; 11-19-2008 at 12:28 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 12:35 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times
Quote:

You can start with his name, which is an Arabic name? Look into his background of Muslim faith... Yes, there are ties of Indonesia with Arabs and Arabic culture.
There are no Arabs in Indonesia, unless they are immigrants. Arabs are a cultural and ethnic group on the Arabian Peninsula. In the Middle East. Indonesia is a nation in Southeastern Asia.

And people say Americans are woefully inept in the area of geography....

Old 11-19-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:

NO. The fact that you won't answer proves that YOU DON"T KNOW. He lived in Indonesia. LOOK AT A MAP. that is nowhere near this part of the world as you specifically implied.

A person's name has nothing to do with where they have spent time. Are you really this clueless? I have a friend who just gave her son a syrian name. That doesn't mean that boy has "spent a lot of time" in syria.

And, as the rest of the world knows Kooter, Obama is not Muslim. What would be the problem if he WERE, though?

Argh!! what is wrong with you?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
And, as the rest of the world knows Kooter, Obama is not Muslim. What would be the problem if he WERE, though?

Argh!! what is wrong with you?
Question: Was Barack Obama ever a Muslim? He says no, but the Associated Press found records that showed Obama was in school as a Muslim living in Indonesia and the Obama campaign can't explain why. Maybe it doesn't matter if Obama were a Muslim back then, but it does matter if he's not telling the truth about it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw

Notice that Obama did not correct himself in the (above linked) youtube interview. He was "corrected" by George Stephanopoulos who interrupted Obama, with the words: "Christian faith."

Last edited by Kootr; 11-19-2008 at 01:00 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
In a Feb. 27, 2007, interview with the New York Times' Nicholos Kristof, Obama described the Muslim call to prayer. That prayer, which Obama recited with a "first-class [Arabic] accent," begins with this:

Allah is supreme!
Allah is supreme!
Allah is supreme! Allah is supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet ...

No God but the false god Allah is the prettiest sound on earth? Really?

You need to learn more about this man you helped elect as our next President that you [now] know not much about...

Old 11-19-2008, 01:14 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
^ you are retarded kooter but with a name like that it should be evident to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies