Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:26 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,978,772 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kooter;6227727]Question: Was Barack Obama ever a Muslim? He says no, but the Associated Press found records that showed Obama was in school as a Muslim living in Indonesia and the Obama campaign can't explain why. Maybe it doesn't matter if Obama were a Muslim back then, but it does matter if he's not telling the truth about it now.

quote]

Do you understand that there is a difference between going to a muslim school and being "in school as a Muslim" as you incorrectly stated above? Many friends of mine went to catholic schools, though they were not practicing catholics.

I see you ignored the rest of my post - does that mean you admit you were wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
In a Feb. 27, 2007, interview with the New York Times' Nicholos Kristof, Obama described the Muslim call to prayer. That prayer, which Obama recited with a "first-class [Arabic] accent," begins with this:

Allah is supreme!
Allah is supreme!
Allah is supreme! Allah is supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet ...

No God but the false god Allah is the prettiest sound on earth? Really?

You need to learn more about this man you helped elect as our next President that you [now] know not much about...
"False God Allah"???? What gives you the right to determine that?
OKAY EVERYONE! Kooter is now the self-proclaimed expert on world religions! he knows which ones are "wrong" and that (presumably) christianity is "right! SO everybody better jump ship on any other religions and buy a WWJD bracelet.

Kooter, first of all, I have no doubt that you wouldn't recognize a "first class Arabic accent" if it hit you in the face.
And WHY does that matter!? There are Muslims in the U.S. too! oooohh does that scare you??

Old 11-19-2008, 01:46 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times
http://countusout.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/barrysoetoro.jpg?w=340&h=427 (broken link)

Obama's religion was listed as Islam (which of course is an Arabic word) on his Indonesian school admission papers.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:51 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Since when did Al-Qaida al-Zawahri represent the world? It's people like you who buy into this kind of propaganda. The guy is trying to start a race war within the US playing on age old racial tensions.
These morons set up no win situations for Obama.

We were told Israel would be obliterated if Obama won, yet now that he took a pro-Israel stance, and al Qaeda is lipping off about it, they switch the argument to "But I thought you guys said the world will love us if Obama got elected!".

Predictable. Not clever. But considering teh source, color me entirely unsurprised.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:12 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times
Every ancestor on Obama's father's side of the family has an Arabic name, because his father was officially classified as "Arab African" by the Kenyan government. 100% of African tribal members of western Kenya where his father was born have Christian names, not Arabic names. His father's decision to name Barack with an Arabic name is a matter of his father establishing his ethnic identity in Africa - it is done deliberately to ethnically separate from the African tribes. Researching his roots reveal that on Barack's father's side, he is descended from Arab slave traders.

When I said "he spent a lot of time in that part of the world", I meant that Obama spent a lot of time outside of the U.S. where Islamic influence from Arab contacts is far greater than here in the U.S., whether that be from close family members in Kenya or Indonesia, but not necessarily just Indonesia as you seem to think I insinuated. He most definitely has those influences and contacts. Of course he also has had an influence from his close friend Rev. Wright too, so who knows what his real belief truly is. Maybe it is whatever people want to hear!

Last edited by Kootr; 11-19-2008 at 02:54 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
^ and who cares what his name means? God give it a rest! The election is over and who cares if he has a Muslim middle name? Apparently not enough paranoid people like you since he was elected President.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:26 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
SNL needs to start doing skits of these clowns. Horatio would be great at playing al-Zawahri. Is he still on the show?

Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 PM

38 posts, read 51,350 times
Quote:
Obama himself is confusing! No one really knows who he is...or where he even came from!
Only you don't

Old 11-19-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
When I said "he spent a lot of time in that part of the world", I meant that Obama spent a lot of time outside of the U.S. where Islamic influence from Arab contacts is far greater than here in the U.S., whether that be from close family members in Kenya or Indonesia, but not necessarily just Indonesia as you seem to think I insinuated.
I have no idea what you just said. soooo...he's spent time outside the U.S. ok. And Islamic influence is prevalent everywhere else in the world except the U.S.? huh?
You're fighting a losing battle, Kooter. Save your fingertips.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:36 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,380 times
Quote:
Obama was supposed to improve the world's opinion of us. What happened? The world is suppose to love us now...
Barry is an apostate (sp?)

Anyone want to explain?

My brief knowledge is that he was born Muslim and has renounced the creepy Mohamad guy, for Christ.

Soooooo...I guess those smarty pants in the mid east will Salmon Rushdie him.

And, the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies